PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dream

TonyC
13th June 2006, 10:52 PM
I Posted this over in Roberts Section, but thought it would be good to hear feedback from other ppl as well so i brought it over to this section...

"Hi Robert,
I have had a extremely vivid dream that I would like your opinion on if you have time. I call it a memory because of how vivid it really was but for all purposes as of here i will refer to it as a dream because i went to sleep not trying to have an OBE or lucid dream or anything of that nature.
First let me state that when I had this dream a few months back I was somewhat depressed due to alot of close family deaths and not getting alot of sleep. This was my state of mind around the period i had this dream. Another fact worth noting is that i only had this dream in a 2-3 hour span because of sleeping problems.
In my dream I am the same age as I am now but its as if I had woke up for the next day and the dream continues as any other day would and i live in this dream for at least 19-30years, I have my children and my children have children now i would have thought this just a dream if in fact it hadnt been so detailed in what had happend every day for that long of time it seems like an actual memory it was that vivid, its like your sitting in your room yesterday and your sitting here now wondering what you were doing yesterday exactly like what you were doing, why you did it, down to the smallest perfect detail. Then I go to sleep in my dream an old man with my wife, I wake up to being pushed by my brother to wake up to go to school, but when I open my eyes Im in my olderself, wondering what is going on. Then my vision changes because my eyes are open from the room where i went to sleep as my older self to my present state, I realize what happend but I know there is nothing i can do about it, I was actually crying because I had lost my wife and children and Grandchildren. Now being this vivid I dont know what to make of it but the things that happend in my dream have been happening and are happening at this very moment. I am very confused and would appretiate any imput you have on this dream. Thank you in advance since I will not respond to your reply unless asked too.

Sincerly,
Tony C."

CFTraveler
14th June 2006, 01:17 PM
Dear Tony: When I was 12 I had the same dream experience(it was a very weird year)- I lived for about three years in the span of one week. It never happened again like that- sometimes I have 'alternate reality' dreams but that is another story. Interestingly, my 9 year old son just reported a dream like that, in which he went through like 3 days, and about the third day he realized he was dreaming and tried to wake up and couldn't (that never happened to me.) After deciding to settle in and enjoy the dream he woke up. Part of me is proud that he can be aware, and experience this kind of thing, and part of me is worried he inherited my mental 'attributes'. :roll: .
I just thought you'd like to know that this happens to other people too- don't know if it'll make you feel better.
As to how I interpret this:
You are going through a spiritual growth stage, in which you have experienced one of a possibility of realities-
1-Alternate reality (alternate universe or timeline)
2-Past or future lives in this timeline - dependent on choices for the future part.
3- or a wish fulfillment dream if you're not happy with your life.

Of course the list of possibilities is endless, and I am basing it on my experiences, which are possibly different than yours.

TonyC
14th June 2006, 10:37 PM
Its nice to know that im not alone out there and if I had to guess it would either be 1 or 2 that would describe my dream. The reason this is is because I love life, and everything it has to offer me and others but there are some hard times that are meant push us further mentally and spiritually along our path. Where the path leads I dont know but im willing to take a walk on the wildside to find out why and what Im here for and learn to cherish all that is around us day in and day out.