PDA

View Full Version : Help me please :/

Johnthelegoman
14th January 2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks for everyones help so far i have a very serious question

i need help following my heart. I don't know where im going there may be signs or hints but i haven't picked up on them and if i have i haven't acknowledged them.

i dont want to just go to college just to have a degree in something i dont truly like doing. I feel like im here for a reason i just want to find out what that reason is.

my problem is pretty simple i need a way of figuring out for myself what i want to do with myself. I have so many ideas constantly and so many visions and i truly believe i can do whatever i want to do and be whoever i want to be its just somewhat overwhelming and i dont know where to start

if ive ever needed help before this is the mega question i need guidance and help with any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

i will answer any questions about my current situation anyone may have no problem to better assist you f you so choose to help me.

thanks 900 and 99 in advance

Johnthelegoman
14th January 2013, 10:36 PM
And if this is not the place for this type of question please tell me i dont want to burden anyone and will seek this type of help elsewhere.

i just thought of here because everywhere else is so by the books go to school then go to college to get a good life and i just dont feel that way i feel like it should be what i really like doing i feel like me being here has a greater purpose then to just make money andive tr american dream if you will.....hard to explain

CFTraveler
14th January 2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks for everyones help so far i have a very serious question

i need help following my heart. I don't know where im going there may be signs or hints but i haven't picked up on them and if i have i haven't acknowledged them.

i dont want to just go to college just to have a degree in something i dont truly like doing. I feel like im here for a reason i just want to find out what that reason is. This may not be what you want to read, and I'm sure others may have different ideas, but I recommend that if you have access to college you go- even if you don't know what you want to do.

my problem is pretty simple i need a way of figuring out for myself what i want to do with myself. I have so many ideas constantly and so many visions and i truly believe i can do whatever i want to do and be whoever i want to be its just somewhat overwhelming and i dont know where to start
There is a mistaken notion that people are supposed to do one thing in life- but if you look at older people you will realize that most of them have gone from thing to thing in their life- I don't mean in a chaotic ineffective way- I mean they have concentrated on something, mastered it, worked/taught it for many years, and then moved on to something else. If you take a look at the 'welcome from the mods' threads in the 'newb' forums you will see that many of us have done that type of thing, myself included.

College in particular is not just about concentrating on one thing- at least the first years you start general studies, and if there is something that moves you, you can then dedicate the studies to whatever that is. I personally changed my major every two years when I went to college the first time, because I loved it so much I never wanted to graduate. So when my professors sat me down and gently urged me to pick one (I had two majors at the time) and graduate. So I did, and then went to grad school for a year. Later on I went back to a different school and got a completely different degree, and eventually worked in the field for twenty years in that field.

My point is that college is a great experience, that not only teaches you stuff, but exposes you to neat stuff you can learn about. If you can have it, don't deny yourself the opportunity.

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 12:31 AM
Anything anyone here has to say is something i want to hear.

I have nothing against a higher education im all for it i just dont like the idea of going to college " because its what your shpposed to do"

there are means for me to go to college. Ive already taken some classes at a community college and did not fall in love. My problem is i dont know what i want to do so i dont know what type of shool to go to. I debated going to an electrician school but decided not to based on te reviews. I then got a job workig for an electrician as a helper and realized i didnt like it. So im glad i dint invest 27k and 1 year of schooling.

I want to know what i want to do before i commit to a serios school does thatmake sense?

My current plan is to take classes at a community college and do work in fields im intrested in until i fall in love. Is there a metaphysical or like otherworldly way of figuring out what you want to do.

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 12:33 AM
I like that idea of doing multiple thigs in a life and i believe i will have a very fuffiling life. I have many things im intrested in i just dont know where to start

CFTraveler
15th January 2013, 01:38 AM
Here's a 'metaphysical' way to decide:
If there is a list of things you're interested in, list them in a circle and use a pendulum. If you want more detail, I can help you with that. Or, you can get a book you consider sacred, like a Bible (it's what I use), then ask a question and open it, and read the first thing you look at aloud, and see how it fits with what you want to know.
Or, go to college for a year, and see which subject you like the best. ;)

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks a lot ill do all of those i think. And messge me about the pendulum if you will

DarkChylde
15th January 2013, 08:45 AM
John , i'm just going to add a thought or two here (if this doesn't agree with , or isn't helpful feel free to ignore wholly)

i think anyone , anyone at all who has access to college should definitely take it up , i think most colleges have the option where you don't even have to declare your major in freshman year , so you get to sample everything and see what appeals to you the most and then make a well reflected decision on what you want to excel in ,later on.

many times in life there things that are just downright unpalatable , while doing them we feel "this is godawful horrendous , i'm wasting my time , this just isn't for me" , but fact is we do that with every thing we find disagreeable , but imo if you just take with the good with the bad you learn to "discipline" yourself in endurance and in the long run that itself pays major dividends.

Now that in the longer run still means you can "eek out" at whatever you do .

btw i also got a lot of "winners never quit , quitters never win" kind of rhetoric so i'm naturally averse to it myself , so that's not my point here , with time a lot of things change and solid foundation in education is the best platform anyone can have to launch themselves from and chase their dreams (whatever they might be).

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 09:41 AM
i gues theres nothing to it but to do it 0,o thanks for the info ive taken it to heart

ButterflyWoman
15th January 2013, 03:05 PM
I feel like im here for a reason i just want to find out what that reason is.
The usual answer people give to this is, "We were ALL put here for a reason, and it will become evident when it's time!" but I think that's far too simplistic. I mean, it's entirely possible that it's all totally random, and nobody is here for any purpose or reason other than the ones they choose, subconsciously or consciously. (Frankly, I lean strongly toward that one, because of the level of metaphysical experiences I've had and the things I've seen that way, but that's my reality; your reality may vary ;))

if ive ever needed help before this is the mega question i need guidance and help with any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Intention plus surrender. That's my standard answer, because it is the ONLY thing I've found that consistently and unfailiingly work. How you go about setting the intention is your business, and there are lots of ways. A few are prayer, ritual, journaling, focussed meditation, counselling, various forms of soul searching, reading books on every topic you think might help... (I've done all of those, btw ;)) These days, I just decide it (i.e., intend it).

The surrender part is harder for most people, me, included, but basically, you just let go of it and let it sort itself out and come back to you, and it will. It may not happen immediately, but it might start to happen pretty much instantaneously, depending on the intention and your resistance (Resistance is holding on to it too much, clinging to it, etc. It's like planting seeds; you have to let them alone if they're going to grow, you can't hold them in your hand or dig them up all the time to see if they're really, truly growing.) Basically, you intend it, forget it, and surrender to whatever process starts to manifest. It might not be super obvious what's happening, but if you assume that it's happening in response to your intentions, it's easier to go with the flow. The more you struggle against it, the longer it takes. (I've had some intentions take years and years longer than they really should have because I was just so worked up about them, because I didn't like the process so I fought it, because I was clinging to beliefs about how something was supposed to happen and even IF it was supposed to happen... So I'm kind of an expert in resistance *sigh*)

Nutshell: Intend, Release, Surrender (i.e., cooperate, or at least, don't fight whatever happens)

In this case, the intention is very clear, but don't muddy it up with "what's my purpose" (that is a much, much, MUCH bigger and more complex question than most people realise; the answer to it can take decades to be realised, though it's worth asking so long as you're prepared to spend years having it answered :)) or "why is this happening" or "who am I" (that's the biggest question there is!). Just intend to understand what it is you'd like to do with your life, knowing that, at some point down the line, you can change your mind and do something else (this is VERY common; lots of people have mid-life career changes or changes in their area of focus and even interest). Joseph Campbell famously wrote that you should "follow your bliss", so ask for clear guidance as to where you get the most bliss. Then let reality show it to you.

Frater.Akenu
15th January 2013, 04:31 PM
johnthelegoman: What do you mean by "I don't know what I want to do"?

IA56
15th January 2013, 05:02 PM
If you want to help people you should choose occupations like...physio-therapoist...or any therapist what you can think of....rose therapist for example...or masseur...then you can work with peoples energy bodies and really help people...my two centīs :-)

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 06:22 PM
The usual answer people give to this is, "We were ALL put here for a reason, and it will become evident when it's time!" but I think that's far too simplistic. I mean, it's entirely possible that it's all totally random, and nobody is here for any purpose or reason other than the ones they choose, subconsciously or consciously. (Frankly, I lean strongly toward that one, because of the level of metaphysical experiences I've had and the things I've seen that way, but that's my reality; your reality may vary ;))

Intention plus surrender. That's my standard answer, because it is the ONLY thing I've found that consistently and unfailiingly work. How you go about setting the intention is your business, and there are lots of ways. A few are prayer, ritual, journaling, focussed meditation, counselling, various forms of soul searching, reading books on every topic you think might help... (I've done all of those, btw ;)) These days, I just decide it (i.e., intend it).

The surrender part is harder for most people, me, included, but basically, you just let go of it and let it sort itself out and come back to you, and it will. It may not happen immediately, but it might start to happen pretty much instantaneously, depending on the intention and your resistance (Resistance is holding on to it too much, clinging to it, etc. It's like planting seeds; you have to let them alone if they're going to grow, you can't hold them in your hand or dig them up all the time to see if they're really, truly growing.) Basically, you intend it, forget it, and surrender to whatever process starts to manifest. It might not be super obvious what's happening, but if you assume that it's happening in response to your intentions, it's easier to go with the flow. The more you struggle against it, the longer it takes. (I've had some intentions take years and years longer than they really should have because I was just so worked up about them, because I didn't like the process so I fought it, because I was clinging to beliefs about how something was supposed to happen and even IF it was supposed to happen... So I'm kind of an expert in resistance *sigh*)

Nutshell: Intend, Release, Surrender (i.e., cooperate, or at least, don't fight whatever happens)

In this case, the intention is very clear, but don't muddy it up with "what's my purpose" (that is a much, much, MUCH bigger and more complex question than most people realise; the answer to it can take decades to be realised, though it's worth asking so long as you're prepared to spend years having it answered :)) or "why is this happening" or "who am I" (that's the biggest question there is!). Just intend to understand what it is you'd like to do with your life, knowing that, at some point down the line, you can change your mind and do something else (this is VERY common; lots of people have mid-life career changes or changes in their area of focus and even interest). Joseph Campbell famously wrote that you should "follow your bliss", so ask for clear guidance as to where you get the most bliss. Then let reality show it to you.

Maybeim trying to hard. And i just need to let go and go with it do what my intuition tells me

IA56
15th January 2013, 06:48 PM
You will know when you find your self loving the occupation or work and it can be what ever, what is easy and lovable is the right thing, and yes we often do try to hard. The first thing is to get out all others marking on you, so you can know what is your want and will..mostly we try to please others and do not even know what we like or want for own sake...so take it easy and be kind and nice to your self...you will find out what is your place when you relax and start to trust that all will be fine and well :-)

Johnthelegoman
15th January 2013, 07:34 PM
Thank you. I really love my job. well 1 of them I just dont know how to turn it into a career i think im on the right path tho im going to try a focus meditation right now after my tea!

eyeoneblack
17th January 2013, 02:19 PM
I raised my child and lived my life by this simple imperative:

Make your life a good read.

This will direct your decisions toward growth by taking the most interesting roads. College can wait, of course, but some of my best life-stories were written during my college years. My daughter did not go to college opting instead for a vocation (real estate) and Motherhood. I applaud her life because it's a darn good read.

Morkal
26th December 2013, 07:47 AM
Its best to choose a better way to spend your life but not to waste all your life in seeking for a better way.You must find a way (http://www.timberandfencingbrisbane.com/)in which you have interest and than work hard to get success.Because everything is possible if work hard to get that. So set your main goal and than work hard to get success.

eyeoneblack
28th December 2013, 02:26 PM
Well said, Morkal! Seeking the better way is the driving force behind a life well lived. Success is a target that eludes definition, but when you have it, you know it and when you don't you're painfully aware. On that, don't sell yourself short. Many successful people don't know it. Stay your course and when the day is done - trust yourself.