PDA

View Full Version : When your path is revealed in a dream

SoulSail
16th January 2013, 12:53 AM
Hi All,

This one was amazing. Not sure if I'm just paying more attention to my dreams now or if my highers are speaking more clearly...

Last night I dreamt I was fishing in a crystal clear river (fishing/water dreams are often a reflection of my spiritual progress), and I kept throwing my hook in the water and catching large fish without any effort. Only I was a bit annoyed, the fish were so big I got sick of trying to reel them in. I used to fly fish lots and this reflected many mountain river scenes.

Here's where it gets really interesting...

Before me the river forked up the land north and down south. I was at the mouth of the split, just before the forks lead off in their respective directions. The fish were just too big where I stood. I could stay where I was and struggle, wade up north, or southward, but then I noticed a group of three men in the north fork, not far from me. They were all fishing as well. One of them caught a small fish and I'll never forget his words as he pulled from the water:

"This knowledge is worthy of celebration!"

Then I am aware of a woman next to me in the water, the woman with brown hair again.

End of dream.

The significance seemed immediately clear, but as dreams often go, I wanted to fully "get" what the man was speaking about. About noon today it struck me that the fork of the river he and the two others stood in had to have been running backward, uphill since their slice of river was elevated above mine which was running east to west before the fork.

*The law of gravity as I understood it was being overruled by another, higher law*

I'll cut things here, but suffice to say I've been carefully looking into changing some direction in my spiritual path. That's not important for now, but how the water ran, the fish the man caught, and his proclamation all came together to assure me about my future direction and even risk if I stood still.

So, dream ninjas, what say you?

Soul

ButterflyWoman
16th January 2013, 03:58 AM
"This knowledge is worthy of celebration!"
That is AWESOME.

Fishing has a lot of connotations, the biggest of which is that you have been directly involved in it. But just off the top of my head, there's the metaphor that if you give a man a fish, he eats for a day, but teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Plus you can fish for all kinds of things, including compliments, information, gifts, etc. Also the famous idiom of Jesus telling his soon-to-be followers (who were already fishermen) that he would make them "fishers of men". Fishing is a very primal activity, and very rich with symbolism on all kinds of levels.

Then I am aware of a woman next to me in the water, the woman with brown hair again.
Again?! Wow.

*The law of gravity as I understood it was being overruled by another, higher law*-
Awesome.

how the water ran, the fish the man caught, and his proclamation all came together to assure me about my future direction and even risk if I stood still.
Indeed. Move to a more advantageous spot and you'll acquire the knowledge (and more) that you seek. What a brilliant dream.

(I love it when I have cool, powerful dreams. I'm really excited to share yours, even if I don't have much in the way of interpretation to offer. :))

Korpo
16th January 2013, 12:47 PM
Hello, SoulSail.

The portrayal of nonphysical realities will at times contradict physical laws, as you interpret a flow of energy free of such laws. An energy flow can "go up," even if you see it as a river, and a trip around something can be infinite even if our imagination would imagine it ends round the next bend.

Catching larger fish without effort... and getting annoyed at it... seems to indicate you seem to become dissatisfied with an experience you formerly found sufficiently entertaining/interesting/enthralling. When the old loses its thrill often an upward expansion is needed. Also an emphasis of "bigger is not better." Often when the thrill lessens, instead of looking for something new, people look for more of the same. Only when this desire becomes exhausted, appreciation for new experiences of a different quality becomes possible.

You are at this fork - which is a basic symbol for decision (when looking from one side), but also union (when seeing the paths as running together/joining instead of separating). Your elementals (three men) already are ready to move on, ready to catch the smaller fry of higher quality (not more of the same). The inner senses may not take in as much on higher levels at first (smaller fish), but such knowledge becomes much more rewarding (worthy of celebration). Uphill is higher, but also for Kurt north often means closer to Source.

PauliEffect
16th January 2013, 04:15 PM
Getting too big fish is like searching for knowledge in too difficult ways.

Seeing others getting fish in a direction water can't flow is to go for
knowledge which is out of reach.

Go south.

SoulSail
3rd December 2015, 08:54 PM
Thought I'd follow up on an interesting dream post I made years ago. The dream's "interpretation" came to me a week ago and left me pretty blown away. This dream is almost two years old, so it's about time I understood it.

Left fork of river: The past. There's nobody on that stretch of river. It's empty, running away and out of site.
Right fork: The future. There's knowledge worthy of celebration coming from it into the present moment.
The present: Where I'm standing in the water.

The existence of an "I" in the stream's center created the forked streams--one flowing past, one flowing future--the illusion of time itself forced in place by this anomalous entity in the water.

The knowledge worthy of celebration was the dream's interpretation, still off in the future. Knowledge of how time is created, how the "I" creates time.

There are other elements a bit too personal to mention, but I'm posting this because it's very cool to see how dreams speak to us about reality on some fundamentally deep levels that may very well not make any sense until "revealed"--whatever that means.

So, case closed.

Soul

CFTraveler
4th December 2015, 01:50 AM
Nice.

Osiris
4th December 2015, 11:11 PM
As "interpretations" go. Seems like there telling you the answers your fishing for right now, are to big for your understanding but even catching a "little" understanding is worth having. If the river was running up hill away from you, it seems that you are going to have to Work to reach there advancement and thus the knowledge albeit slowly at first (catching small fish) but with increased effort you will move on to larger fish further up the hill.

Seems they are watching you...awesome. (for many arn't worth their time) And even encouraging you to continue looking for answers and growing but not to become frustrated just tone down your ambitions a little. The fish is wasted if your not big enough to eat it.

ButterflyWoman
5th December 2015, 03:52 AM
There's a delicious twist to this. The fact that the dream was talking about celebrating knowledge which hadn't come to you yet but which was regarding the nature of time. Ha. I like it. So subtle. :)

It's an excellent metaphor for the illusion of time, as well. Might have to steal it. ;)

SoulSail
7th December 2015, 09:07 PM
There's a delicious twist to this. The fact that the dream was talking about celebrating knowledge which hadn't come to you yet but which was regarding the nature of time. Ha. I like it. So subtle. :)

It's an excellent metaphor for the illusion of time, as well. Might have to steal it. ;)

Yep. Indeed delicious, especially when you realize you're still standing in the same place in the stream. Never left.

I am learning to love my mind. This has not been easy. But this type of thing gives me faith, sorta like ribbons on the wind. All of them ancient. All holy. All of it unspeakable grace. All of it pointing toward *home*.

(yeah, I'm in serious mystic mode today...)

ButterflyWoman
8th December 2015, 07:11 AM
(yeah, I'm in serious mystic mode today...)
:) I get like that sometimes. Not for a while, but I certainly recognise it. Feel free to wax mystical any time you like. ;)