PDA

View Full Version : I represent your subconscous

Freawaru
14th June 2006, 01:54 PM
Hi All,

about two years ago I became interested in dreams and lucidity (I mean more interested than I had before ;-) ) and a friend on another discussion forum adviced me to write down my dreams. Well, I bought a small book, wrote "Dream Chronic" in large letters on it and waited for the morning to write down my dreams. But, nothing happend, I could not remember a single one. I am not as good as others in recalling my dreams but usually at least I recall a few scenes or I remember at least that I had dreamed - but nada. After several days of not having anything to write into my chronic I complained to my friend and asked for help. She wrote "Frea, don't think of your subconscious in a mechanical way. Treat it as a friend." (She knew me well ;-) ).

So, next evening - before sleep - I adressed my subconscious in my mind and politely asked it to help me recall my dreams again.

A few nights later I had the following dream:

I was running away from some "enemies" (a typical dream scenario for me) and turned lucid on some nice plain with rolling hills. As I was lucid I simply deleted my "enemies" and then stood there looking around not quite able to decide what to do with my lucidity. I had not planned anything, just was happy that I was lucid again.

Then this guy appeared, walking towards me. He said "Hello (xxx). In this dream I represent your subconscious. My name is (yyy)."

I was half shocked, half surprised and half amused and these three halves of me were not really stable in the dream. I clinged to the dream as much as I could and told myself the whole time `this I HAVE to remember`. The name he adressed me with, i.e. (xxx), was not my real name (nor any name I remember using), but in the dream I thought it was from the Bible and planned to look up the literal meaning. His name, i.e. (yyy) was completely new to me.

We have had a short friendly chat which unfortionately I don't remember as I was too occupied with concentrating on first, staying in the dream, second staying lucid, third pondering the fascinating result of my friends "technique" and fouth telling myself to remember it so I could write it in my dream chronic.

Then I could not hold myself in the dream any longer and woke up, slowly. I felt the memory loss of the chat and also of the two names he had used. This is why I inserted the (xxx) and (yyy) and could not look up the meaning of the names.

Has anyone experienced or heard of such an encounter in a dream? I mean talking to someone who seems to be intelligent, knowing that it is a dream and providing you with information/message on the one hand but on the other to i.d. himself as a part of you?

RB wrote in AD that beings that show own intelligence are external beings and I have heard this opinion from others, too. So I see two explanations, either he was indeed an external being entering my lucid dream to talk to me (and lied about his identity). Or aspects of oneself (like the subconscious) can indeed represent themselves with intellgence and personality different from our (or at least my) normal wake personality.

At the moment I see no way to decide for either, but it strikes me as relevant that I HAD been trying to adress my subconscious for some days after all. And since this dream I feel a subtle change in me, too, as if forces that had been working against my consciousness before now are more in league with it.

Any experiences or other explanations are welcome!

violetsky
14th June 2006, 05:14 PM
Dear Freawaru,

I have had this experience several times. I would be interested to know if you are female. I am and interestingly it is a male aspect that steps forward and has a nice little chat with me. He always seems more knowing than I am. <smirk...if I were a strong femanist a dream like that could be considered a nightmare...am always looking for the humour in it all.>

Anywho, this man tends to be in my most vivid prophetic type dreams. I do feel he is not an outside visitor. Rather a more wholy aware aspect of myself. I say that because I have had dreams where a departed loved one talks to me in equally vivid dreams but it has a different quality to it. And I can feel the emotional connection to that person like in life.

The man who talks to me in my dreams is always physically same but wears different clothes depending on the situation. He does not always tell me about subconscious issues. He will also tell me of how situations will pan out in the future. This could be because part of our subconscious is tied into the 'collective unconscious'. Tied into the unconscious of all other people so it is varily easy to predict things if you are aware on the unconscious level of what others think and plan to do. Interesting, this topic came up. I had talked to some moderators about this man in my dreams only a few days ago.

I have another man who enters my dreams. This one is the most interesting. He always stands or sits or walks behind me and if I turn I can never see him. Very elusive. He is really interesting because if I am lucid and suddenly ask what does that mean suddenly I will hear him tell me what it means. But I never see him.

Very Best Wishes to you,
Violetsky

Freawaru
15th June 2006, 09:16 AM
Dear Violetsky,

thank you very much for your reply and insights :-D

I have had this experience several times.

Ah, good!!! :-D

I would be interested to know if you are female.

Indeed ;-)

BTW the name "Freawaru" is from the old-english epic "Beowulf". I was on a Star Treck forum some years ago and choose it cause of a holodeck episode. ;-)

I am and interestingly it is a male aspect that steps forward and has a nice little chat with me. He always seems more knowing than I am. <smirk...if I were a strong femanist a dream like that could be considered a nightmare...am always looking for the humour in it all.>

LOL. But no, I think I have a feminine aspect (or several) that is more knowing than me, too. She has appeared in some of my dreams, too, but I had swiched perspective during the dream and merged with her so I was sure she is also me (as sure as one can be about these kind of things, anyway).

I suspect the choice about male or female appearance is symbolic - though I am not always sure about what it represents. But I have also merged with male dream-personalities so I think the gender of our physical body is of no influence to our dream bodies.

Anywho, this man tends to be in my most vivid prophetic type dreams.

Ah, I so wish I had not lost my memory :-(

I do feel he is not an outside visitor. Rather a more wholy aware aspect of myself. I say that because I have had dreams where a departed loved one talks to me in equally vivid dreams but it has a different quality to it. And I can feel the emotional connection to that person like in life.

I am glad you can discern it. I am lousy in discernment of inside and outside. I have a few candidates that might have been external influence or encounters but my discernment is not good enough to be sure, yet.

The man who talks to me in my dreams is always physically same but wears different clothes depending on the situation. He does not always tell me about subconscious issues. He will also tell me of how situations will pan out in the future. This could be because part of our subconscious is tied into the 'collective unconscious'. Tied into the unconscious of all other people so it is varily easy to predict things if you are aware on the unconscious level of what others think and plan to do.

Sounds plausible. :-)

The times I merged with more knowledgeable aspects of me (some kind of higher selves I guess, though I do not know the terminology) it had been only after the switch that I knew more than before. They had not told me but rather I lost the perspective I had before and switched to their perspective and knowledge. They usually appear as some kind of "friend" to my first dream-personality, external, intelligent, but then the switch of perspective happens and I am them - another reason why I thought that the apparent independent intelligence is not sufficient for discernment. Anyway, unfortionately most information is lost during re-identification with the normal consciousness (normal self).

Interesting, this topic came up. I had talked to some moderators about this man in my dreams only a few days ago.

Coincidence? ;-)

I have another man who enters my dreams. This one is the most interesting. He always stands or sits or walks behind me and if I turn I can never see him. Very elusive. He is really interesting because if I am lucid and suddenly ask what does that mean suddenly I will hear him tell me what it means. But I never see him.

Interesting guy. And usefull to have around :-)

Maybe he is somehow tied to the back of your head. Ever tried to use a mirror?

Do you have a way to contact these two on purpose?

violetsky
15th June 2006, 12:29 PM
Do you have a way to contact these two on purpose?

Dear Freawaru,

The first guy usually appears in my dreams if I am concerned and ask for clarity about myself or the future while I am awake. I seem to need to feel a certain intensity or deep importance before he appears in my dreams. I never ask to see him specifically.

The invisible man <smirk> talks to me in my dreams when I ask for clarity while I am in my dreams. He is not the only way I get clarity - just one of the ways...the most direct way. I will feel his presence standing behind me, but if I bother to turn and look in my dreams. He is not there. So again I do not ask to hear from him, only ask for clarity in the dream.

Best Wishes,
Violetsky

Freawaru
17th June 2006, 08:15 AM
Dear Violetski,

thank you for the tips :-D

Intensity and importance, yes, I only recieved answers to my questions when I felt a real need for the answers , too.