PDA

View Full Version : Title of my last pot

susan
24th January 2013, 10:44 PM
Can I thank you and at the same time ask you how the title of a post is thought up so quickly before it appears on the forum.
I posted , but had problems , and posted again ,which was successful this time. When I re- read the post it had a new title which was perfectly chosen . I did not choose the title so who did the thinking so quickly. Are computers sooooo clever.?....??.?

CFTraveler
25th January 2013, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If the post got moved, it may have been re-named to differentiate it from another one. Or you may have a browser that automatically fixes spelling errors.
Other than that, I have no idea.
For example, the title of this post, needs fixin'. If I did it, I'd go to the right of the posting box, click on edit post, then click the 'Go advanced' button, and if there is none then go to 'preview post' and then 'go advanced', and it'll give you an option to change the title. Then you can do it and submit it.

susan
25th January 2013, 08:48 PM
The post was on psychic/ spiritual experience.
The title that came up was "Higher Self Awareness at Something I Had Written Before"
The title was relevant but a bit longer that I had chosen on the first attempt , and not the main point I was trying to make , but thinking that the site had some kind of ( filling in ) section I thought " we'll done"

CFTraveler
25th January 2013, 09:52 PM
What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't, as far as I know. I think it does auto-fill with stuff you've written before, but that may be my browser, I'm not sure.

ButterflyWoman
26th January 2013, 02:12 PM
Yes, the auto-fill is a browser function. The board software runs on the server and has no way to auto-fill anything (there's no Javascript or other server-sided software functions that would be able to affect a browser in that way).