PDA

View Full Version : Reality Shifts

CFTraveler
3rd February 2013, 09:09 PM
Nice article- not sure if it belongs in this subforum, but it's here for now.
http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/reality-shifts-what-happens-to-those-who-slip-between-the-cracks-of-time-and-space

SoulSail
4th February 2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for sharing this article. Fascinating to say the least. Through the years I've collected stories from people who've brought something from their dream or trance states to physical reality. Take for instance the song Yesterday, by Paul McCartney. It's widely known that it came in a dream. I wish I had some method for taking music I hear in semi-dream states back into reality. I once had an entire CD of tunes "download" over the course of a thirty minute nap, music so amazing I'm not even sure there would've been a way to translate it. But Stephen King said it best in his book On Writing:

"Your job isn't to find these ideas but to recognize them when they show up."

Of course, this same inspiration is open to all, but are we paying attention? For me it usually takes a fair amount of silence, a quiet and spacious mind, and an open heart. Walks in nature almost always gift me something no matter how big or small. But to be sure, it's the part about paying attention that is just as important as dreaming.

I recently read an article about how much we miss in life because we're not looking, actively looking for much out of the routine. So I did a little experiment. I had an Apple touch I didn't use anymore. I went my local bookstore, wrapped the Touch in a piece of paper and clearly wrote "For YOU" on the front. I set it face up on a bookshelf, with the offer clearly showing. Then I sat at a distance and did my little experiment on awareness and attention. One person walked by, then a few more, and after thirty minutes and at least a dozen people, some staring almost right at the thing, I finally left because nobody touched it. Here I am, giving away a free Apple gadget and nobody is looking! I'm sure in time someone got it, but after that day I wondered just how many gifts I'm missing everyday.

For what it's worth,

Soul