PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Aliens Debunked (Important Comments!)

SoulSail
10th February 2013, 04:35 AM
An Ancient Aliens Debunked thread was initiated by Beekeeper, and I believe she posted the following link with a brief comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZmhb5yrsI&list=PLLadmGElFj83sMZ343tyFW7mF8BZIVuEL&index=1

I am posting this because I accidentally deleted her entire active thread. Yes, it IS a long story and if I ever figure out how I pulled off deleting a whole thread while attempting to extract my own post, I'll let you all know.

Please repost relevant comments.

All apologies,

Soul

Beekeeper
10th February 2013, 08:30 AM
But, because I love Soulsail, it's not an issue. We all make mistakes.;)

PauliEffect
10th February 2013, 12:23 PM
Always make the backup before deletion.

SoulSail
10th February 2013, 02:43 PM
Beekeeper, you are a gracious woman. Thank you.

Now I believe teagueblue put the last post in on that thread, which pointed to an interview with Chris White. You can find that interview here: http://www.skeptiko.com/conservative-christian-chris-white-debunks-ancient-aliens-theories/

CFTraveler, Volgerie, and anyone else that posted: it's best I don't try to reconstruct your posts. I am sure you'll agree that is best given my wild fascination with Giorgio Tsoukalos's (http://www.ufocasebook.com/ancients/ancientastronautsaudio.html) hair, which pretty much confirms alien activity on earth.

Soul

PauliEffect
10th February 2013, 03:09 PM
What I've noticed in Ancient Aliens is that the program almost makes a thing of
exaggerating a little at several times. I wonder if they are provoking or if the
program is not really aimed at helping.

If they mix truths with half-truths or best-guesses, the program may get the
opposite result.

Sinera
10th February 2013, 03:24 PM
I am sure you'll agree that is best given my wild fascination with Giorgio Tsoukalos's (http://www.ufocasebook.com/ancients/ancientastronautsaudio.html) hair, which pretty much confirms alien activity on earth.
He's the secret star of the show if you ask me. I like this guy and his enthusiam (exaggerated yes but likeable if you ask me).

http://www.allmystery.de/i/t4d57a0_af21b8_Ancient_Aliens_meme_-_BBQ.png?nc

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maq8vxWlYM1qh942uo1_500.jpg

SoulSail
10th February 2013, 06:27 PM
Giorgio is the man behind the show--key word being show.

(Is it possible, as many ancient astronaut theorists suggest, that TV shows slant truth to drive ratings?)

Soul

CFTraveler
10th February 2013, 08:17 PM
I personally think some of them (George) believe what they believe, evidence be darned. Or ignored. It's their religion, and they really think it is what it is.
Anyway Pauli, backups require forethought, and usually when we delete threads by accident it really is by accident, hence, no backups.

SoulSail
10th February 2013, 09:12 PM
I personally think some of them (George) believe what they believe, evidence be darned. Or ignored. It's their religion, and they really think it is what it is.

Well said.

The state of being convinced, utterly convinced in one's convictions, ideas, or beliefs--notwithstanding evidence to the contrary--is a precarious place to be. Reality has this uncanny way of coming along and toppling our notions, sometimes gently but often not. The level of resistance we put up at these tippings is a good indicator of what actually drives our said beliefs. I always have and always will admire Carl Sagan for his infamous words, "But I could be wrong."

Despite putting a stake in the ground on many topics of which he had zero firsthand knowledge or experience, he was always willing to admit that he may have been dealing with half a deck, the other half existing somewhere beyond his experience, vision, or even mental capacity. Sure, he spoke with authority and didn't hold back on his opinions, but he went into the game with a framework he was willing to see torn down when better evidence presented itself.

As for me, I've had far too many cherished notions and beliefs upended to hold onto much with a firm grip any longer. What I am sure of this year will expand, contract, or morph as I evolve, and then the original surety will seem childish. And that cycle will continue again and again. That I AM sure of. And I look forward to this. The last thing I want is to solidify into a polarized, dogmatic, unyielding know-it-all. That's a slice of hell, I know because I've been there.

Now back to Ancient Aliens, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out that non-human life forms have influenced our own evolution in small or even grand ways. That seems to be how the universe works: cause, effect. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that a few or many of those non-human life forms actually inhabit Earth now, and have all along but do so in a manner that renders them off our collective visual and scientific radars. So be it, or not. I suspect that the best end game is played when we're willing to bend a bit, willing to let go more easily, to see other points of view and have our idealogical carts tipped. And still love it all. Because they will tip and the choice to make this place better is all we've got going when that happens.

Otherwise, God help us. If any single man or woman on this planet has a claim on ultimate truth, and this planet still looks like it does? I don't want to think about that. I don't want that cart tipped (yet).

Soul

eyeoneblack
11th February 2013, 08:18 PM
So happens, I recently watched the old documentary "Chariots of the Gods". There is a great deal of 'evidence' presented from monoliths, ancient art and so forth. I try to think like a scientist which leaves little room for wild imaginings.

That said, there seems to be a great deal of evidence that cannot be gracefully explained in terms of 21st century knowlege and only the imagination can answer the many questions the evidence must pose.

I've seen docs trying to duplicate feats of ancient engineering and they fail (even when they cheat a little). I can only suggest that the Titans that managed these wonders left no remains perhaps because they weren't physical as we understand it.

It's humbling. :shrug: