PDA

View Full Version : My Element

GMAN12
14th March 2013, 10:23 PM
I think that this part of the forum is relevant.

I once had a chat with Aunt Clair talking about my name. My name is Makena.

I recently finished reading through Bardon's Questions and Answers and close to the bottom of the book was the elements that correspond with us. I found out that I am the Fire element.

I know this is meant for me as it was never a coincidence. Getting back to the skype chat Aunt Clair, she told me that my name meant Born of Fire! Amazing right? I am also an Aries. Looking through other things reading through all the lists, I noticed only on my element a lot of things corresponded to me!

I thought it was a good piece of information that I wanted to add.

CFTraveler
15th March 2013, 12:11 PM
I wish we had a *Like* button like on FB.

Ok, I'll add mine.
I'm a fire element also. I've always known it, even before getting into Hermetics. I'm a Leo born during the almost-noon hour in the tropics, and even in Chinese astrology (based on the year, which I won't divulge) I'm a fire element too.
:thumbsup:

eyeoneblack
15th March 2013, 05:27 PM
Alright, I'm Cancer, cardinal (I wasn't invited to the conclave) water and ruled by the Moon, which is bound to Sun, Leo for it's illumination.
I have 'sensitivity' problems and perhaps I can understand that via Hermetics. I studied the related topics and I think there is a great deal to be learned about ourselves but my interests gradually waned over the years.

GMAN12
15th March 2013, 09:17 PM
That is pretty cool CFTraveler and eyeoneblack! I hope I can get more people to post their elements and how they relate to it.

IA56
16th March 2013, 05:26 AM
Do you mean by element what sighn you are born into?? In that case..I am scorpio and it is an water sighn...so is my element water??

Eyeswideopen
16th March 2013, 10:43 AM
I am Gemini so I am Air. I do live in my head a lot and often off with the fairies.

GMAN12
17th March 2013, 12:34 AM
IA56 yes I mean the element. The sign will determine your element. So yes you must be water.

susan
17th March 2013, 11:32 AM
Hi GMAN12,
A late welcome to you,
I 've never read up on elementals so don't know anything about them but I am a Scorpian like IA56 so I must be water as well.
How are we affected by our elements?
If this means anything I know I'm in my element ( just trying to be clever there) when I go snorkelling or scuba diving.
I could stay in the water all day and feel free as if I've discovered my other world.

GMAN12
18th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks Susan. Yes you must be water.

So let me recap on myself.
Let me say it is very cool. I want to know if there is anything special about it either.

My element: Fire
The year I was born: The Year of the Ox. 1997 and it was the year of the Fire Ox too.
My sign: Aries which is part of the fire.

CFTraveler
19th March 2013, 01:05 PM
Hi GMAN12,
A late welcome to you,
I 've never read up on elementals so don't know anything about them but I am a Scorpian like IA56 so I must be water as well.
How are we affected by our elements?
If this means anything I know I'm in my element ( just trying to be clever there) when I go snorkelling or scuba diving.
I could stay in the water all day and feel free as if I've discovered my other world. I don't know if we are 'affected' by our elements- I do think we embody them more- like we decided to be born on a certain date to make it clear to ourselves what our major element is, if we don't do a soul mirror (and really, who does?)
So I have a fiery temper, am pushy and often have trouble with water (which is funny, my husband is a water element)- it's interesting how our temperaments 'go with' the characteristics of our element.

eyeoneblack
19th March 2013, 01:57 PM
Just a conjecture: I was born on the cusp of Cancer/Leo yet I seem to be Cancer to the hilt, no Leo. Which leads me to wondering if the strength of the sign intensifies at the cusp - like a setting sun over the ocean?

BDeye
19th March 2013, 03:31 PM
I've been told I'm cusp cancer/leo as well. Don't how it affects things though.

eyeoneblack
19th March 2013, 04:00 PM
I've been told I'm cusp cancer/leo as well. Don't how it affects things though.

Well, with which do you indentify? I mean, Cancer/Leo are diametric opposites, so are you ego driven or more often 'wanting' of ego? Do you cry when another person crys? Do conive and contrive or go with the flow?
My B-day is July 19, what is yours?

BDeye
19th March 2013, 06:59 PM
23 july and I suppose go with the flow, with a bit of ego:D.

eyeoneblack
19th March 2013, 07:20 PM
23 july and I suppose go with the flow, with a bit of ego:D.

That works for me, but some calendars would put you in Leo. It's a curious blend :P

Lucid Quartz
20th March 2013, 04:52 AM
I'm a monkey, saggittarius, and my element is fire. Always knew I was fire, my temperament has always shown it, a lot of people say my personality acts like a catalyst too. Opposite sign is gemini which is probably why I can't connect with my dad AT ALL, and my only considered nemesis when I was little was a gemini.

When I was in my pre-teens my friends and I were really into astrology. We called our group "The Elements" and knew each other really well. 2 airs, 1 water, 1 earth, 1 fire. All personalities definitely fit into each.

eyeoneblack
21st March 2013, 11:55 PM
Cancer's opposite is Capricorn. My son-in-law is Capricorn, and because he's taking good care of my daughter I like him a lot. But historically Capricorns are a real challenge for me if i have to get very close to them. Let me just say, we don't play well together.