PDA

View Full Version : A significant step forward

mclocks
19th June 2006, 06:51 AM
Greetings readers,

After 25 years of interest and trying to sucessfully OBE, I believe I made good progress today.

I have recently returned from a holiday in Ibiza, and I took Astral Dynamics with me. I have read it before, over 2 years ago, and wanted to give it some quality time. I had re-read up to the projection techniques chapter, and thought that the Rope technique was good for me to try.

I have done very little NEW energy stimulation, just some basic and brief legs and arms stuff, but nothing else.

So, today I found myself just coming out of sleep at 6:40 a.m.

I had just had a dream, and was deeply relaxed, as would be expected.

I realised that I was fulfulling requirements for a good OBE attempt, since the clear message I made a point of remembering from Mr Bruces book was this :-

1. Deep relaxation
2. A light trance

combined with:-

3. Energy work
4. Projection technique

equals a projection.

So I had most of these 4 points, barring some serious energy work.

This is what happened.

Laying there deeply relaxed, I imagined a rope, and myself pulling on it.
Within 1-2 seconds I felt myself moving, and sliding along my back, and off the bed. I still had no vision, but the sensation of movement was so real, that I really thought I was physically moving. I decided to continue.

I then, feeling that I was lying on the floor, moved my 'legs', and was amazed at the clear sensation of movement. I still had the impression that I was attached to my physical body at some points, and started to sense that I was more fully 'peeling' away.

I still couldn't see anything.

I now recalled that Mr Bruce said that real time sight would enable you to see your real time body. I 'looked' carefully at my moving legs, and could see these indistinct, slightly glowing legs moving.

Now, I really didn't know what to do next. I wanted to go to the next stage, but I haven't read this far in the book!, and wasn't sure of how to make the transition from this experience to full OBE - I wanted to see!

So, again heeding advice, I kept it Ultrashort, and forced myself awake, which I did easily and naturally. I immediately re-ran the experience in my mind 2-3 times, to ensure I remembered it ( it is like trying to remember a dream ).

During the whole thing, I was unafraid, had no 'vibrations' or any other weird things.

I think trying to project, coming naturally straight out of sleep is the way forward for me, and I will keep you updated of any further points of interest.

Thankyou,

Adam

Ibzy
19th June 2006, 08:52 AM
wow thats quite an intriguing story.
i've only ever attempted projection before going to sleep, as i am most relaxed at that time.
when i awake naturally i seem to still be very tired and probably unable to focus properly. did you use any concentration technique to improve it atall before trying?

Akashic_Librarian
19th June 2006, 04:30 PM
Good stuff. Very intresting.

I like re-reading Astral Dynamics every now and again, it is such a god book.

mclocks
20th June 2006, 06:30 PM
Ibzy,

I used no concentration at all.

I only used Rope, and in my relaxed state, the experience came very rapidly.

It was on my mind all day. The sensation of movement was very powerful.
At one point I thought I messed the whole thing up, because I really thought I had moved my physical body. I am most interested to see if I can replicate.

Thankyou,

Adam

mclocks
16th January 2009, 10:55 PM
Greetings -

Yes quite a while since my last post. However with my rather unfortunately busy life, OBE's always take the back foot.

However last night, I had a similar experience again.

I have not done any energy work, in fact nothing really much OBE at all. For ages. Just get to bed and sleep! Last night however I didn't sleep well. Kept waking up, or dozing, so no proper sleep. At some point then, early morning, I gently woke from another light doze.

I was greatly relaxed, and in my half awake mind I thought why not try the rope technique again. As you do! A very immediate and clear sensation of raising off the bed and pivoting about my feet away from where I suppose I was lying. Quite a short event this time only lasting 5-6 seconds but very distinct as before, with me knowing that this was ... something happening.

I then awoke briefly, and again the memory was quite deep, as if recalling a big dream, but knowing it wasn't. I am a little nervous, but wish to extend this experience, and have some really good clarity. I will try Mr Bruces 'Clarity Now!' statement, if I can control my senses enough. I wll keep any interested readers updated.

Peace and Love,

Adam

CFTraveler
17th January 2009, 02:08 AM
Another thing you can do is to get away from your body ASAP when you exit. This will also improve energy and clarity.

mclocks
30th January 2009, 10:40 PM
Hmmm. Had another experience last night. For me this is becoming an unusually frequent re occurrence.

This time the event happened for a few seconds only. I become aware that I am floating near my bed - quite high up. So quite near my physical body I suppose, if thats anything like a normal statement. I am aware straight away that I am NOT dreaming. Again vision is poor, almost like trying to see through eyelids on a bright day, only much paler.

I am a little afraid, but request 'Clarity now' its funny how I say this, its almost like I was on auto pilot. Slight improvement. I remember trying to look at my 'arms'. I can see indistinct things. They are too vague to be anything of significance. I move up and partially penetrate the ceiling. What the heck am I doing? I have no idea.

The experience ends. I become conscious in bed, enough to download the memory into my normal memory. Again i think its like trying to recall a fairly deep dream, but not difficult. Again knowing that something different is taking place to differentiate it from a dream.

I wonder with some trepidation how this will develop. Still I am not really doing any energy work, or any real projection exercises. I am having these experiences by flirting with the fine line between wake and sleep.

Sometimes I wish these things wouldn't happen, but because I am a naturally inquisitive and open minded person, I can't help but pursue.

I felt tired today.

Adam

Beekeeper
31st January 2009, 10:05 AM
Just keep going, Adam, and expect the best. You might eventually try raising some energy during the day if you're unable to get reasonable "distance" between your astral body and your physical body. It seems to me your experiences have occurred in your etheric body so far. Making it to the astral body (maybe via a lucid dream) should facilitate a bit more freedom. Good luck.