PDA

View Full Version : What drew you to Astral Projection?

dkane
23rd March 2013, 04:15 AM
Hi Guys,

Astral projection became a big part of my life about 8-9 years ago.

For me it was about a few scary paralysis experiences ( and a nagging urge) which lead me on a journey to "something more". But defining that reason is a little difficult.

What was your reason for learning AP, and why do you do it now?

Cheers

Dkane

CFTraveler
23rd March 2013, 04:12 PM
Even though I've been projecting spontaneously all my life, I started learning to project when I was in my mid forties. A series of scary events prompted me to learn to control the process, but everyone's heard that one before.

SoulSail
24th March 2013, 01:56 AM
For me there was no single reason that compelled me toward AP, but rather a series of events, states, and ideas I wanted to explore; however, I remember downloading Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman to my Kindle. I downed the book in a few hours. Fascinated, I went on to buy MAP and other texts, and that, as they say, was that.

Also, I haven't projected for about six months as I've been addressing a lot of personal evolution issues. Too much back story there to explain, but I'm planning to engage the conscious practice again this spring when things settle a bit in my life.

Soul

susan
24th March 2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Dkane002,
For me it started during a very stressful person in my life.One night I was spontaneously catapulted up to the stars and then down into the ground with someone then holding me by my hand and swinging me around.I was taken on a mystery tour of a castle on a hill with snow around, then flew over a village( bit like Robin Hood days) then flew over baron land with people just walking in the wilderness with their heads down.That was it. Woke up exited and thought "WHAT THE H... WAS THAT?
Was directed to Astral Dynamics and the rest is history.
What a shame EVERY living person couldn't have a similar experience........just to wake them up. Imagine.

greytraveller
26th March 2013, 04:59 PM
Hello dKane
As a child and pre teen I had Many OBEs. But that was back in the 1960s and early 1970s so nobody knew much about it. About 25 years ago I began to keep a dream diary and a few years later became interested in OBEs and projection. Being able to deliberately induce an OBE brought a whole new dimensions into my life (literally!). So, for me, the door to a new existence is open yet I am only beginning to step through to the other side.

Regards
Grey

BDeye
26th March 2013, 05:06 PM
Grey have you noticed any dips or peaks in your ability to project.

greytraveller
26th March 2013, 05:19 PM
Hello BDeye
Yes indeed. My peaks included having multiple OBEs in one night. Several times I have been out of body 2 or 3 times in one night. During one memorable night I managed to go OOB 6 times. Dips or 'dry spells' can last for weeks, or months or even longer. My worst dry spell lasted nearly 2 years with not 1 OBE during that span.
I believe that the number of OBEs is a result of the effort put into inducing them. And I do Not put nearly enough time and effort into inducing OBEs these days. This lack of input (time and energy) has resulted in a fairly constant output of about 10 to 12 OBEs a year since about 2010.

Regards
Grey

BDeye
26th March 2013, 05:29 PM
Thank you Greytraveller, yes I suspect I have been spreading myself a little thin. I think the effort and time(often allowed by work and family) just isn't enough to expect results. I am hoping to have more time in the near future (although I'm exploring alternative training methods) to really jump back in, but everything in its due course I suppose.

DarkChylde
26th March 2013, 07:29 PM
i had a very select few oobes in my early teens (which i marked down as funny "kid dreams") and consequently forgot.
i started having spontaneous exits after i took onto energy working seriously , which was very disconcerting since i had no control at all.
Also my exits weren't ascending upwards but falling "through" the bed going through the floor and watching my folks sitting in front of the tv (i think i rarely ever got out to anyplace else then the RTZ).
overtime (thank god) the spontaneous exits ended.
Another peculiar happenstance is of "partial exit" where i would mostly separate up till the pelvis and be "stuck" from the hips downwards to the feet.

dkane
27th March 2013, 01:43 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Its interesting that most people started when they were young, and then slowly over time developed an interest in it.

It would be interesting to know what keeps people interested in it?

For me its simply part of my life now, like going to sleep is. I project or become lucid about 5 of my 7 nights of sleep a week- so its a habit now. I probably get a good talk with my guides once a week, and messages 3 nights a week.

Though I have noticed that if you are working alot or focused on physical life its alot harder to project.

Giorgia
2nd April 2013, 12:34 PM
I never projected to be honest,it would scare me probably at the moment ,i am here because i used to be a lurker at the StevePavlina forum and ButterflyWoman was one of my favorite posters at that forum,so i followed a link she left there .. i love this forum i am reading it ..

jamboh
2nd April 2013, 07:10 PM
I was drawn to it as, when I heard it described, it sounded like the most fascinating and exciting thing that I could possibly imagine. I think the adventure aspect is one of the main things for me.. to know and expereince first-hand there is something 'more'. I have still yet to have a full-blown projection unfortunately, but have had some interesting experieces with LD/WILD and energy work. I remeber hearing William Buhlman describe himself feeling like Colombus when he first start APing - exploring a foreign world that most people have never heard of, let alone will ever get to experience. I think alongside my ongoing desire to journey inward and learn more about myself, adventure is the main thing I want out of AP.

Hotpod
2nd April 2013, 09:38 PM
Here is my path to this board and Astral Projection:
1) As a kid I had felt vibrations, and had 1 lucid dream in which I was the equivalent of Harry Potter on a flying broom. Awesome right? At the time I just thought it was an awesome dream. Luckily I never saw the Hag or Negs during sleep paralysis, mostly because I just tried to relax all the way through it.

2) People on 9Gag started posting comics about Lucid dreaming. It was one of few topics that held serious interest for me. I didn't research it right away and let it go. However the interest persevered.

3) I started surfing 4chan's paranormal /x/ boards. The lucid dreaming and OBE stuff was incredibly interesting. 4 chan was a mess though... with all the extreme topics they talk about. I decided to get more specific and closer to the source...

4) Then 1 of them posted about robert Bruce and Astral Dynamics. I got the book and I was hooked within the first 40 pages. There was soo much information and I finally felt like some sense was being made of life.

That being said, I don't think that any book has had such a profound effect on my life. This is it, and this is where I want to be.

Oh and btw, i just had my first conscious astral projection 2 weeks ago. It was awesome!

Zethor
8th April 2013, 01:44 PM
For me it began during a period in life where I had to forgive certain people / family members in order to let go of my anger or it would consume me and lead me down a path of no return. This was my cross road.

However I always was curious but thought astral / OBE's were to be frank a lot of bull.
Once I learned to forgive which is not always easy when your not at fault the weight on the shoulders become ever so light.

While at the shops my wife saw a book I might like called journey of souls. I remember this book off a website months ago and decided to buy it. From that point on it sparked my interest even more.

Then one night in bed I was pulled straight up and taken on a journey through space and some sort of portal to a beautiful Freeway of light heading towards a castle. Cut a long story short because of this experience this made me believe it was all true.. and not bull as I first thought.

The best times I find is true as others have said above when you are feeling content, world worries as a whole are at a low
you have more control / memory of the event and further down the rabbit hole and see what it all means.

Regards,

Zethor

LPCF
13th April 2013, 06:30 PM
My interest in astral projection began when my beloved dog left her etheric body and passed to the astral plane. She came to visit regularly and often spoke of her "teacher" on the astral. This led to my desire to visit the astral and meet her teacher. I read a lot about AP, meditated, purged myself of negativity (as far as I could) and eventually made it there. Since then, my visits have been regular and always to the same same place, for the same purpose: to help pets and their caretakers, where separation has caused severe trauma. Some people go through their earthly life never thinking about, or finding out, their purpose in life. I thank the Universe that I have found out mine, albeit somewhat late in my earthly life.

Aunt Clair
15th May 2013, 04:47 PM
I've been projecting all my life, too but I did not have control and that motivated me. I wanted to learn how to go where I wanted to go when I wanted to go and I wanted to help.

ButterflyWoman
15th May 2013, 04:49 PM
i am here because i used to be a lurker at the StevePavlina forum and ButterflyWoman was one of my favorite posters at that forum,so i followed a link she left there .. i love this forum i am reading it ..
Gosh, I missed this when you posted it. :)

FWIW, we do talk about all kinds of stuff here, as you know, not just astral projection. I rarely talk about AP, in fact. :)

SiriusTraveler
16th May 2013, 06:07 AM
For me the whole O.B.E topic is something that has been summoned up through various meetings and happenings in my life, and presented itself to me as a missing basic of some sort. I feel that its kind of a missing link in life that I need and want to explore. Its hard to describe. I cannot conscioussly project yet, but I will some day. I've had various experiences over the last 3 years since I started delving into this subject, everything from light trance states to flying through a tunnel ending up in space. Its über fascinating and I hope I will have these experiences all of my life.