PDA

View Full Version : NDE Study "Peak in Darien" experiences

CFTraveler
27th March 2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/dops/greyson-publications/Peak%20in%20Darien-A-H.pdf

Publication exploring NDE experiences in which the experiencer sees dead people that they didn't know were dead.

Hotpod
27th March 2013, 07:59 PM
Cool, I'm definately looking into this today.

eyeoneblack
27th March 2013, 09:57 PM
That was a nice read. Thanks. But seriously, the NDE isn't, really, relevant to me. To me, the survival of consciousness after death is predicated on an entirely different experience which is the lucid dream and OBE's. I've alway felt that during any of these experiences, if my physical body were to be annihilated my experience would go on; I just wouldn't have a body to return to - the cord being cut.
I know consciousness can exist beyond and away from the body; which begs this question: the brain lights up when it is dreaming but does that activity produce the dream? Perhaps it lights up because the dream stimulates the brain.

All-in-all, I have no doubt of the survival of consciousness after death and I'm 90% satisfied as to why. Still, it's a mystery that will probably never be fully - scientifically - explained.

I dream, therefore I am.:mrgreen:

Hotpod
28th March 2013, 05:41 AM
Well said eyeoneblack. While there is good evidence supporting conciousness after death throughout this study, I "feel" like I personally realized this the moment I read the intoduction to Astral Dynamics... which was reaffirmed after stepping onto this forum.
^__^

eyeoneblack
28th March 2013, 01:23 PM
Darn glad you're here, Hotpod! The members here make my friends around me seem like by comparison. I have no other place I'd rather go for some stimulating conversation. I'll bet you understand what I'm saying.

Hotpod
28th March 2013, 04:49 PM
Glad to be here, with good company!

I'll just be more specific about the passage I referenced above. It was where Robert talked about the mind split, and the etheric body.

NDE and OBE essentially go through the same process of pulling your bodies energy together to be able to leave the body.

It all made sense. Being scared during paralysis, which is essentially because your OBE energy body is within close proximity. All of robert's personal experiences with the astral planes... everything to do with the akashic records (seeing your past, etc...). It all fit in with my spiritual beliefs, and I was extremely relieved when I read the book.

eyeoneblack
29th March 2013, 08:01 AM
moment I read the intoduction to Astral Dynamics... which was reaffirmed after stepping onto this forum
Yes, Astral Dynamics is monumental in this genre of literature. But for a little different take you might try Jurgen Ziewe's Multidimensional Man. Leland's pretty darn good too.
Reading keeps your mind focused and your subconcious primed for the experiences we seek. :P: