PDA

View Full Version : Odd occurance at the coffee shop

catlantis
19th June 2006, 07:14 PM
This morning I went to my local coffee shop.
There were 3 children there, and a teenager babysitter.

Nothing special about that. The teenager was not related to the 3 children..

Ok.. so nothing odd. But about 5 minutes after I was there, one of the girls started yelling and repeating "Spirits go away.. Spirits leave me alone!" And was swatting at the air like one would do with mosquitoes or flies. But nothing physically was there.

Her brother tried to keep her quiet ... and told the babysitter that "She does this every now and then"
Then as suddenly as it happened, she appeared normal again.

Anyway, just seemed odd and out of place. Any ideas on what could be going on?

enoch
19th June 2006, 08:22 PM
She could have picked the line up from TV. My daughter often repeats lines from tv programmes - the scooby doo ones are particularly disturbing. Wherever we go there are always ghosts and monsters. :lol:

Tom
19th June 2006, 08:38 PM
Try drawing up a large quantity of energy from the ground and then push it out into a rapidly growing sphere while breathing out. That will disrupt the area. If the kid really is seeing spirits it would make them go away.

catlantis
20th June 2006, 03:41 AM
Doh! Scooby-Doo! What a menace! ;-)

However, I do view TV as a demon of sorts. :roll:

Thanks for the input.

It was just odd. Right before it happened, the attention of the entire coffee shop shifted to her.

24th June 2006, 10:46 PM
Have you ever read anything about the psychics John Edward, James Van Praagh, Allison DuBois? They were tormented by spirits when they were children and were shunned because of it. Now, they are very powerful psychics/mediums. I don't trust that everything that comes out of a child's mouth is from parroting a TV show or something they've heard someone else say. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Shakespeare

catlantis
26th June 2006, 10:43 PM
But Scooby-doo IS a menance... They said so at the end of every episode... "those menacing kids!" :lol:

I agree with you, though. (Although I also agree with enoch, too)

I was talking to my best friend about this.. aparently his children all do this... "Oh, yeah, they all talked to invisible this or that.. or swatted away shouting at something." He said he did not know what to make of it when it happened... so they just play along.
But this little girl at the coffee shop was the center of ridicule. did not seem too pleasant for her.

Have you ever read anything about the psychics John Edward, James Van Praagh, Allison DuBois?
Yes, yes and no.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Shakespeare

Thank heaven and earth for that!

Shakespeare was quite the metaphysician, huh.

Rayson
26th June 2006, 11:37 PM
Kids tend to be extra perceptive to metaphysical "things" and also are particularly vulnerable. If you know of a child that has an "invisible friend" or anything similiar, but seems to be anything less than positive... ie says to do mean things, pokes the kids, etc etc... I'd try reading the suggestions of PPSD, and also putting up countermeasures. As adults, if we are not sure the difference between imaginary friends and hostile spirits, I'd encourage putting up countermeasures, and even if you can't "see" if they're working, you could then follow the reports the kids are giving to you verbally as an indicator. Also, as a whole, but particularly when there are problems, I'd recommend spending more time being involved in childrens' lives.

27th June 2006, 01:36 AM
Enoch,
That's weird you said the Scooby Doo cartoons are disturbing. A long time ago I read in "Reader's Digest" a story about a very young boy (I think around 5). His brother went running to see his mom and couldn't get any words out. He just kept saying his brother's name over and over. She got scared and ran into their bedroom where the 5 year old had hung himself Scooby Do style. It was his favorite cartoon. It really stuck with me because I always had to watch my sons like a hawk all the time. That is something they might have tried because not only were they hyperactive and imaginative they also had no fears. A very dangerous combination. I'm always grateful that I got them through childhood in one piece.

BTW, Enoch is a good father. He posts wonderful experiences with his daughter all the time. :D