PDA

View Full Version : OCCUPY

Tutor
10th April 2013, 06:23 PM
While it may be true that 1% has 46% of the wealth, and 99% unevenly split 54% of the wealth; it is also true that 1% of the living population, the people, in the U.S. have served, are serving and will serve our country. the polarity of denial and denied... 1|98|1

Of these, 18+ per day, this number growing at an exponential rate, within those having come and being home, are dying at their own hands; for lack of solutions. If we feel to care about the right things then the wrong things, as well as the wronged, surely get righted in THAT.

18(365 days) = more dead in one year (this last year alone) at home than all total actual war related deaths since the beginning following 9/11/01.

To date, just under a million Veteran's have claims and appeals that are backlogged, obstructed within the red tape of miring regulatory policy. If these regs/policies are not serving Veterans, then what have the Veterans served? Veterans have not served a "what" that it might backlog, Veterans have served the "who" that is the people.

Veterans need the people so that a "what" is not facing them at home, as if a new battle begins and must be undertaken while attempting to grasp solution to a war wherein one had served; now home with every moment as time to feel what could not be felt when time took it's absense for to step into the very present modality that is raw and war.

my one penny,

Tim

eyeoneblack
11th April 2013, 12:03 AM
Yes, it's the aristocracy (boadly defined) that considers soldiers of little importance. Christ! how many have layed their lives down, but who really cares? Their family, their friends, but the state just grabs another Kleenex, blows its nose and carries the ideolgical and politcal phalanx forward. The state cannot afford to care for anyone in particular. Soldiers are simply collateral damage to 'bigger' concerns.

Ohhh, you got me goin' :mad:

Tutor
11th April 2013, 06:02 PM
well, not meant to get anyone fuming, just meant to inform, arouse awareness. one's reaction/responce is theirs, not mine as having brought "it" about with intent from personal agenda. though, this honestly is personal for me.

The people care; it's just that the avenues of caring are not readily availiable or visually apparent. this within the mass-erupting plethera of distracting problems which all are actively attempting to solve as singulars crying out for help to that which always answers with a recorded scripted blockade leading nowhere but to some poor someone who is actually in the same boat as are we all, most often they are in another country which is unaccomidatingly provisional of language barriers. So, there is no one to blame really, for no one really is accountable to it, as it has just kinda snuck up on us all at once and bit us in the arse. I reckon it's kinda like when the human brain reaches that stage whereof growth has peaked and crisis/ses erupt. Time for a red corvette kinda thingy.

Good news is, that women have won the world, and hence forth the earth is femininity healing. Bad news for men though, as science's recent public announcement claims that human dna reveals that what is physical male in gender is slowly become extinct.

In the meantime, or the interim as it were, we just gonna have to re-learn how to lean on oneanother, respectfully helping each other the best we can. tis the american way

quite literally, it is up to the people to recognize ourselves as responsible people, but not accountable in that it took some several generations of blindly inheriting to deliver us right here.

I ain't much for labels, I imagine that it is quite alright just to be a people.

on the issue of goverment: Pirkei Avot 3:2 "Pray for the welfare of the government, since were it not for the fear of it men would swallow each other alive." Rabbi Hanina - about the time of Jesus, somewhere amidst the collision of BC and AD

Irony at it best, yet true none the less,

Tim

eyeoneblack
11th April 2013, 07:14 PM
:chuckle: Yes the Y chromosome is fading away :(. Can't say that's all bad. A friend's brilliant son referred to me once as a 'metro-sexual'. I guess I should take that as a compliment - though I had no idea what it meant - but he thought it was cool, so good.

My attitude regarding government (the state) is mixed, but I guess I've always been a bit of an anarchist which doesn't reside well with my otherwise liberal and progressive views. A conundrum wrapped in a paradox. Is that the expression? Anyway, no one is just one color, one principle, one moment.

Your post did strike a resentment, not personal, but in a global way, that people - a person - seems to be expendable without consideration for love and loss and grief. I care.

Tutor
19th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Running to Stand Still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumfrmsGzvY

Waging...For a Penny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbAATKsYXL8

SoulSail
20th April 2013, 12:05 AM
Frankly, I think it's high time women took the wheel. Now, take in mind that my position is the long-view, all things recycle, cause and effect playing out over and over (but never the same way) throughout the hundreds, thousands, and millions of years and infinity of space as their stage. Men? We've been blowing stuff up and strutting around like we know what's best for all for far too long.

(I said this before my caveman side tried to grab the keyboard)

Soul

Tutor
21st April 2013, 12:59 AM
lmao. yeah, i call my caveman side Og. men are men. 'I gotta good woman standing in me', i said that a few days ago to a male friend commenting on my skinny jeans. Tim

This Girl is on Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMdw1Z0chE

Tutor
29th May 2013, 02:28 AM
updated as of Memorial Day: the average thus far in 2013 is 22 veterans per day dying at their own hands.

if you or anyone you know recognizes that a U.S. Military Veteran/Soldier is suffering, please inform the veteran or make the call yourself to this Suicide Hotline for Vets in Distress: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) press "1" for Veterans.

it doesn't have to be suicidal thoughts, merely feeling distress without answers is enough to take action. suicidal thought humanly erupts when coping skills either fail or are not present as skills toward coping.

and pray...

Tutor
31st May 2013, 03:30 PM
PBS FRONTLINE TV Series:

The Soldier's Heart: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=frol02p399&continuous=1

Additional Interviews with Soldiers: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/heart/view/special.html

Tutor
12th June 2013, 02:44 AM
Not A Bad Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsVTR5pEepk

To the Courageous Mothers of Veterans: Nancy, Rhonda, Jewelene, Evelyn, Mary Louise................................over 4 million Mothers (unsung heroes) of U.S. Veterans. Made of Clay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSWgCgm893g

"Here's another bit of truth that is known
Who you love is not the same as what you own"

Can we turn around to recognize the 1% lost to the occupying distraction of owning a fair share?

"Trauma and PTSD can lead to problems that affect interactions with others, including close family. Those suffering with PTSD have a hard time feeling emotions. They may feel detached from others. In turn, the way a loved one responds to him or her affects the trauma survivor. A circular pattern can develop that may harm relationships." Veterans PTSD News Letter

IA56
12th June 2013, 06:18 AM
Not A Bad Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsVTR5pEepk

To the Courageous Mothers of Veterans: Nancy, Rhonda, Jewelene, Evelyn, Mary Louise................................over 4 million Mothers (unsung heroes) of U.S. Veterans. Made of Clay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSWgCgm893g

"Here's another bit of truth that is known
Who you love is not the same as what you own"

Can we turn around to recognize the 1% lost to the occupying distraction of owning a fair share?

"Trauma and PTSD can lead to problems that affect interactions with others, including close family. Those suffering with PTSD have a hard time feeling emotions. They may feel detached from others. In turn, the way a loved one responds to him or her affects the trauma survivor. A circular pattern can develop that may harm relationships." Veterans PTSD News Letter

Thank you!!

I do not think there is any bad men or women, only fighting for survival on different and several levelīs, only.

Love
ia

Tutor
26th September 2013, 01:12 AM
a veteran friend on facebook posts of three veteran suicides just yesterday within his greater locality. it is suggested that the veteran suicide rate is much higher than is reported, perhaps double, even triple. for now, the rate is one veteran every 65 minutes ends their own life, that's about 22/day. Many states (VHA) have not reported their stats [though repeated asked] because they've no way [thus far] of getting their finger on the epidemic pulse. it is projected from current needs that at the rate of military needs over the next three years, 1 million more new recruits will be required. currently the V.A. is backlogged over 2 million claims and appeals on claims toward miitary related health issues permanent in nature causal to partial-full disability. V.A. hospitals in every state report that they cannot keep up with the numbers of veteran medical needs contrasted with the availability of scheduling appointments.

so, there are for sure two increases; 1. the suicide rate for veterans 2. Fed. and State government expenditures toward caring for Veterans.

A New York Times investigative article reports that this rising Veteran catastrophe is indeed a shame upon our Nation and it's People.

FUBAR had been a war related term, however, it has come home biting our national complacency in the butt. time to get off our arses, when one year has more veteran suicides in number than both the Iraq and Afganistan Wars combined number of war related deaths since 9|11. the average for war related deaths is at 1 every 2.5 days.

22 per day....1 per 2.5 days

staggering, to say the least.