PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on intention please

Regza
11th April 2013, 10:33 AM
What is your understanding/experiences of intention? Last year I came to an awareness of its importance but it still remains a bit of a slippery concept. I know intention is important and I know it is important to know what your intentions are. I have spent most of my life doing things I thought I should be doing, which were contrary to what my true intentions were..so I was creating internal battles that led to stress etc Now I try to really tune in and understand what my intentions are.

But here it gets tricky for me. What is intention? Where does it originate? Is it the inner guidance of higher self or something you can shape...if for example one identifies an intention that does not appear to be positive can you at will change it?

A bit confusing I know but I suppose I'm wondering can intention be manipulated and controlled? If so, how can that be achieved?

CFTraveler
11th April 2013, 01:01 PM
Intention comes from the desire of an outcome. You have to have the desire for intention to appear in your psyche. It's that simple and that complicated.

ButterflyWoman
11th April 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't know how to explain it other than it is exactly what it sounds like. An intention. It's what you intend. Not just what you want, or would like, or think would be cool, or might be okay with, but what you actually intend to have happen. With me, it can take a while before an intention forms, depending on what it is (some form very quickly and they manifest quickly). If it's something that feels "big" to me, I can take a long time to look at it from every angle and explore possibilities and decide if that's really what I want to intend. Once I do make up my mind, that's it. I intend to have/be/experience/see/eat/watch/own/share/whatever-verb-you-like and then it starts to form.

I've heard it said that you can slow or block the manifestation of the intention if you change your energy or some such thing or other, but I think that's actually only in the build up to really intending it. My experience, however, is that once the intention is real and seriously put in place, it WILL manifest (though sometimes it can take a while, depending on what you're trying to accomplish). It's also my experience that previous things need to play out and finish their cycle, even if you intend not to experience them any more. Some things just take time to resolve (some don't, of course).

Tutor
11th April 2013, 04:26 PM
Getting your soul's attention...

With intention...you already are an intentual being. This like a soul contract. Like CFT said it is simple, yet complicated. Complex in that one has to manuever about within, as you said "origin" of intent. The choice one has is whether or not this "being" which is your self, is about this you as having now come to awareness of the question, "what is intention", or is it about more than what is that you which questions. But this choice is at origin, the complexitys of which reveal begotten ramifications which precede this you which questions, as well as forward from you which questions. Can one go forward without a backward, seeing as they are you, you presently as a ward of intentions?

Jesus said, "what is bound on earth is bound in heaven, what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven".

I have found family amongst strangers, as well as, having found strangers among family. Desire is like having planted a seed within, surely it grows; but what does it grow? Thus is forward from. Backward is a seed having been planted toward the fruited you which now questions. What then are you which has from seed grown, and having grown with fruiting question/s? Thus is backward to.

If one does not understand what to say "no" to, one surely does not know what to say "yes" to. Have you said yes to what is you from having said no to what is not you? If so, who can you say to your self IS this you? Thus is complexity, yet very simply is you.

Until one such as you, thinking of yourself and from this knowing your self; understands "you"; how be it that intention would your desire for education be?

"What I think matters very little, what I know amounts to nothing, what is to be under-stood is where these two ends meet as one AT the beginning of understanding..." Y

The Duet of One

"It is not merely by just seeing the light that one might know, it is by having gone through the heat of the day that one comes to understand" MG

"The answer "lies" asleep within that which questions" unknown

Math teaches that 1+1=2; yet pro-creation reveals that 1+1=3 or more (ad infinitum)- the real BIG BANG!, it ain't no theory @ ALL. one is Foe, the other is Foe-cun-di-ta-tis>fecund>fertile ( for through the latter did Jacob bring about unspotted sheep from they refused as having spot)

Jesus said, "ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock* and it shall be opened".

So, simply put, your question is to be addressed within, to your self, "What is that intention which by it having said "yes" to my self has undeniably brought me to be?" Or to say that you are the desired outcome already, right now, here, just as you are.

I went and saw a man preach a sermon this last summer. He standing above us, the congregation, talked about his elderly years, and the fact that his knees were both shot, and he was scheduled to go in for double knee replacement two days from that very day.
Well, then he preached with much spirit about the worthiness of everyone, none excluded. His final voiced word, was after a huge leap from above us down into just in front of the congregation, where as he landed his knees did give way. But, with other than his own present ability, he shot up completely erect, with his right hand stretched upward, index finger pointing up; and wildly, very loudly proclaimed with a shout, "ANNND there is no one up there that is any better than myself or any other of us down here!!!". Brother Bernard

and then ones on the front row caught him up, as he was fast collapsing to the floor like a spent ragdoll.

two human things I find true for all of us:

"hurt people hurt people" Alanon saying

"God will hurt you, but He will not harm you" Beth speaking about The Physician whom breaks a-gain that which has been broken and had set itself wrongly (harmfully), such that it is forever set right (strait).

Ambitious goals go round and round, as if a broken and set wrongly leg hurtfully misleads one harmfully about in circles. Why? because they've failed to recognize that they themself are their very reward. There is no other reward greater than that alone, other than the rereward of self-discovery not by one's self, but rather through one's self with God Alone.

Thus it is said, "the LORD takes captivity captive". Beauty is quite captivating, is it not?

I reckon the Lord said that He knocks* at the door.

reads like riddles? then perhaps you are yet a riddle to your very self? the true self unravels riddles, if awakedly asked. to thine own self be true.

in other words don't allow lying to yourself, that you yet end up clothed in lies, yet sleeping within the question.

receive The Way, find The Truth, opened for/to/as You...The Life.

I hope this helps,

Tim

Giorgia
12th April 2013, 11:36 AM
What is your understanding/experiences of intention? Last year I came to an awareness of its importance but it still remains a bit of a slippery concept. I know intention is important and I know it is important to know what your intentions are. I have spent most of my life doing things I thought I should be doing, which were contrary to what my true intentions were..so I was creating internal battles that led to stress etc Now I try to really tune in and understand what my intentions are.

But here it gets tricky for me. What is intention? Where does it originate? Is it the inner guidance of higher self or something you can shape...if for example one identifies an intention that does not appear to be positive can you at will change it?

A bit confusing I know but I suppose I'm wondering can intention be manipulated and controlled? If so, how can that be achieved?
What i understood of the Law of Attraction is that thoughts create reality , an intention is a thought , a focused one .

Regza
12th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Cheers for that guys.

BW I liked your distinction between wanting and intending. I suppose it's a bit like wanting a bike. You can want it all you like but unless you intend to have it you'll never get it. There has to come a point when you have to have ownership of the bike in your mind before you go out to actually get it. Like CF said it's that simple and that complex. I think a lot of people get stuck in the wanting/desiring phase. But then I suppose when you want something that may not seem physically possible for you at that time it's difficult to muster the intention to have it and own it in your mind.

I am currently intending to have something. I am strong in my intention. It is a good sort of experiment for me. If it comes about I will know that I have the intention thing pinned down.

ButterflyWoman
12th April 2013, 08:58 PM
I suppose it's a bit like wanting a bike. You can want it all you like but unless you intend to have it you'll never get it. There has to come a point when you have to have ownership of the bike in your mind before you go out to actually get it.
Yes, exactly. This is why not every random thought or fantasy we have manifests into material reality. I've thought about all kinds of stuff, including killing people, robbing banks, you name it, and yet there was never any actual intention to do any of those things. It was just idle thinking, with no energy behind it or within it, so no manifestation.

Of course, there are lots of things that I never saw manifest because I had ideas about not "deserving" them or on some level I was afraid to have them, etc. etc., so while I did want them, the intention to have them was blocked or poorly formed. Occasionally, you still get manifestation in a case like that, but it's iffy, and will sometimes manifest in weird ways you didn't really intend or want (so it's better to intend things clearly, and be clear in your own mind what you are intending and what you're just kinda wanting or thinking about).

John Sorensen
8th March 2014, 04:51 AM

Old topic yeah yeah, but given the amount of mumbo-jumbo on this topic, it's easy to get confused.

Well here's my fifty cents on this topic:

"Focused intention becomes reality"

I've not seen it expressed simpler than that.

but lets go into this for a moment.

*You think thoughts, you get an idea of something you want to do in life, you write it down, you think that thought over and over each day, you take action every day towards your goal.

*You ignore EVERYTHING that is not what you are focusing upon. You focus only on what you intend to accomplish

*You practice in your mind SEEING and FEELING the result already achieved, the deep burning desire, the emotion, creates a feeling in your body, this FEELING is the resonance you need to radiate at to "Attract" what you want like a magnet. This is not guess work, its spiritual science.
This feeling, created by the emotion is also known as Resonance, Vibration, Feeling Tone etc.

*You keep thinking the same thought, feeling the emotion that leads to the "feeling tone" in your body (that you can physically feel) over and over, EVERY day, and here is the KEY point, that I have not read in any of the dozens of books and articles I've read over the years on this topic - You don't STOP.

There's a tribe in Africa that dances a rain dance. EVERY time they dance, it rains. What is their secret? Are they magicians, are they shamans and warlocks? Perhaps, perhaps not. Here's the thing, they just KEEP DANCING, they keep dancing until it rains, it may take a day, a week, a month, they just keep dancing until it rains.

So that is my convoluted response to "Intention" a.k.a. Manifesting, LOA etc