PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church

GMAN12
17th April 2013, 01:21 AM
If you guys heard of this church and know anything about them or do not, try to look them up and tell me your impressions of them.

I will go first.

I think they are very strange going to funerals telling people that God Hates certain people and such. They literally go to the funerals. Now they plan on going to the funerals of those who died in the Boston Marathon bombing.

ButterflyWoman
17th April 2013, 05:04 AM
They're a small, extremely twisted cult, almost all related (i.e., members of the same family), led by a man who is probably mentally ill. They follow him because they've been raised to do so, or they're afraid to leave, because once they leave the cult, they're totally cut off from their family. Of course, some of them are poisoned deeply enough that the seem to believe this crap they're spouting off. Oh, and none of them are too smart from what I've seen in various documentaries and other reports (but that goes along with the kind of cult this is; keep the children as ignorant as possible so you can fill their heads with your twisted worldview with little or no outside information to counter it).

Hotpod
17th April 2013, 05:05 AM
There should be a law that allows for the peaceful mourning of the dead. Westboro Baptist church's members make me sick

LPCF
20th April 2013, 02:59 PM
Any people whose minds are constantly filled with hate are damaging their own spiritual equilibrium. However, it seems that some hackers have given them a taste of their own medicine: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/18/westboro-baptist-churchs-facebook-page-hit-anonymo/

ButterflyWoman
20th April 2013, 03:46 PM
Oh, I remember some years ago, back in the late nineties, someone hacked their "god hates f@gs" domain (I don't want to type the actual name, partly for search engine purposes, but partly, I find it kinda hateful) and redirected it to "god loves f@gs" with a positive message. I thought that was pretty amusing. :)

LPCF
20th April 2013, 08:21 PM
Off topic but following from BW's comment above...in British English the word "f@g" is slang for "cigarette", or means a young boy in a public (=private in the US!) school made to do menial jobs for senior boys. I hadn't heard of the US meaning until today. I must live a life isolated from US slang (perhaps no loss?! :lol: )

PS Sorry for thread creep.