PDA

View Full Version : Restless leg syndrome starting to appear after the 63 day of the program.

ethic
18th April 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm on the 66 day of the "Mastering Astral Projection Program" but since the 63 day I've been feeling the urge to move my legs I've read about it and it appears to fit the description of "Restless legs syndrome". This has not happened me before and I think it has something to do with doing the program. I'm not sure what to do, I put all my efforts to don't move my legs but still the sensation still there. Could this problem be energy related, energy blockage or something?

If this helps, I've had 3 spontaneous OBEs since I started the program.

CFTraveler
18th April 2013, 10:05 PM
If you need to move your legs, move them- concentrating on not doing it is just going to cause problems. Remember that paralysis is something that happens, not something you do. So get comfortable in any way you need to, scratch, swallow, blink, or whatever, and then go back to your trance induction.
As to RLS, I think that it's not a 'thing', but that's just my opinion. Remember that the main object of projection training is to stay aware as your body goes to sleep, and it's possible that it was never a problem because you were asleep, like in "tossing and turning'.

ethic
18th April 2013, 10:12 PM
Just to clarify, the Rest Legs Syndrome the urge to move my legs is happening while I'm awake (waking hours).

BDeye
18th April 2013, 10:31 PM
I've suffered from this sporadically in the past, it got so bad the only way I could get to sleep was to tuck my legs up against my body. There are a few "remedies"which I'm sure you've already found on the net. What I found worked for me was stopping smoking and stretching to the point of exhausting my legs. It can get quite uncomfortable, sorry if these don't work. I'm not to sure if it is a physical or psychological occurrence, but either way very unpleasant.

BDeye
18th April 2013, 10:34 PM
Another tip I got was to change temperature, either hot or cold, can help. So if you're wearing thick socks or sweat pants try cooling your legs down.

eyeoneblack
25th April 2013, 03:47 PM
If you need to move your legs, move them- concentrating on not doing it is just going to cause problems. Remember that paralysis is something that happens, not something you do. So get comfortable in any way you need to, scratch, swallow, blink, or whatever, and then go back to your trance induction.
As to RLS, I think that it's not a 'thing', but that's just my opinion. Remember that the main object of projection training is to stay aware as your body goes to sleep, and it's possible that it was never a problem because you were asleep, like in "tossing and turning'.

Well, ditto. I participated in two sleep sessions. The first one declared I had RLS, the second one did not. Which cast a good deal of doubt on both of the studies. Also the two studies differed greatly in the occurence of apnia. I felt like a fool for having spent my money on this pseudo science. It seems now to me that lucid dreamers will apnia as they morph from one dream to another, or even during the dream. It does not concern me. RLS is a myth propagated by the technological industry to sell breathing machines.

It's snake oil.

BDeye
25th April 2013, 06:45 PM
I didn't know rls had anything to do with apnea.

BDeye
25th April 2013, 06:50 PM
never paid anyone to sort it out though being a stingy bugger:D.

heliac
27th April 2013, 01:41 AM
I'm on the 66 day of the "Mastering Astral Projection Program" but since the 63 day I've been feeling the urge to move my legs I've read about it and it appears to fit the description of "Restless legs syndrome". This has not happened me before and I think it has something to do with doing the program. I'm not sure what to do, I put all my efforts to don't move my legs but still the sensation still there. Could this problem be energy related, energy blockage or something?

If this helps, I've had 3 spontaneous OBEs since I started the program.

I started getting this too, it was pretty annoying. I think it might be related to stimulating the legs and the base energy center. Seemed like the RLS would go away once i avoided doing any energy work on the lower center and legs.

MaryAnn
14th May 2013, 07:17 PM
It may be something entirely different. My "restless" legs are caused by toxin exposure, either through exposure to mold or to mold toxin-contaminated food. Many buildings have mold growth, and if you are genetically susceptible you'll collect the toxins in your system and they will cause neurological symptoms. Avoid grains and anything that is fed grain, and see if your symptoms abate. See if your symptoms correlate with any particular building you have spent time in; that building might have a case of mold growth.

I do extremely well following the Bullet Proof Diet, and I also have to use extreme avoidance of moldy buildings. With these two things, I find that my "restless" legs do not manifest.

A warning: I had increasing mold growth inside a wall in my house, due to slow drip pipe leak, and I couldn't smell it or see it. I was *extremely* ill with much more than "RLS" before the cause was found. If you feel much better after a few days of camping in the wilderness, look to a moldy building as a source of your problems.

If you are curious enough to investigate, www.survivingmold.com is the best resource.

SiriusTraveler
16th May 2013, 07:54 AM
Need to pop in here about the restless leg syndrome. I have this almost every night while going to sleep. I believe my RLS is caused by drinking coffee. Its scientifically known that coffee can cause RLS. So if your a coffee drinker it can be as simple as that.
To deal with it I kind of tense and relaxe my muscles in my legs, because I only have it in my legs. It goes away after some time but I aggree that it can be irritating in the middle of trance practice. Do as CFT writes, and then get on with your practice.

Cheers.