PDA

View Full Version : Can't wake up!

DR-EBJ
4th July 2005, 12:29 AM
It has happened to me a few time before, where I couldn't wake up.

This happen about a month ago. I remeber dreaming and realizing that i was dreaming (lucid dreaming). I've made my observations and decided i want to wake up. And I did, except i woke in a dream state. I was knid of intrieged by, but I needed to wake. So I did and again in the dreamworld. This happened a few times until I started to believe I was dead and couldn't wake, because there was no body to wake into. I tryed things like slapping my face and focusing on a single object. I can't remember how many times i woke in my dream, but when I finally woke, for real, I knew i was consious. I began to laugh at myself about the whole experience.

Anyone have something like this happen to them?

Astralsailor
4th July 2005, 03:12 PM
It has happened to me a few time before, where I couldn't wake up.

This happen about a month ago. I remeber dreaming and realizing that i was dreaming (lucid dreaming). I've made my observations and decided i want to wake up. And I did, except i woke in a dream state. I was knid of intrieged by, but I needed to wake. So I did and again in the dreamworld. This happened a few times until I started to believe I was dead and couldn't wake, because there was no body to wake into. I tryed things like slapping my face and focusing on a single object. I can't remember how many times i woke in my dream, but when I finally woke, for real, I knew i was consious. I began to laugh at myself about the whole experience.

Anyone have something like this happen to them?

This is exacly what happens to a guy in a movie called "Waking life"
Download or rent it would be recomended to all ^_^

This has happened to me few times but from beings wide conscious only of my physical body. I remember few times i been walking from my house to a friend or something else that it happened to me.
Dont recall much of the dreams right now cus i didnt write them down i guess :)

Kalonek
5th July 2005, 07:45 AM
Hi ! This usually happens to me when my mind is still too tired to wake up. I also wake up partially but don't have enough willpower to wake up completely and thus fall back a few seconds later into a dream.

Quantitativefool
6th July 2005, 03:31 AM
I think this is just how some people tend to deal with Waking paraylsis. In alot of ways it seems similar but it's just an idea a few people have. Do you experience Waking paraylsis as well?

-Stu

Psi
14th August 2005, 02:40 AM
Try waking up, getting out of bed, getting into the shower, turning the water on, realizing the faucet was never touched, realizing you can't see your hands when you look for them, then as you walk past a mirrior, you see a horrendous abberation in the reflection, get scared awake, only to find it at the foot of your bed, only to be scared awake AGAIN. Yeah...weird experience for me, because I -knew- that this bastard of a spirit was there even after I woke. Angry,I calmed myself down and bit and projected, only to find it gone. What a bastard