PDA

View Full Version : Water creatures.

susan
30th April 2013, 04:46 PM
I would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have on what I picked up other morning.
I know a lot seen at point of waking just has to be binned but this took time to form and was in sequence.
First a swan formed in the centre of third eye, then a seal formed behind it and started shuffling forwards,then a crab sideways walking forward then a duck. All four creatures now in view walking as if towards me.
All I can come up with is that all four can live in both water and land???

DarkChylde
30th April 2013, 05:05 PM
in the liminal state? or while properly awake?

ButterflyWoman
30th April 2013, 05:08 PM
Hmm. Total brainstorm here. Might be meaningless to you.

Swans are graceful in the water, extremely elegant, and very foul tempered (or maybe fowl tempered, ha). They are capable of flight, and they have extremely powerful wings. There are records of swans actually killing grown men with wing buffeting, but it happens rarely. On the land, they waddle, not as awkwardly as some birds, but much more awkwardly than they appear in the water.

Seals are graceful and powerful in the water, but quite awkward and slow on the land. Also there's a possible pun here, a "seal" as in "seal of approval" or "seal of acceptance" or "seal of government", etc.

Crabs have a hard shell on the outside, and strong claws, they have an odd walk (the sideways shuttle you mentioned). Also a possible pun is to be "crabby" (grumpy, irritable). Sign of the zodiac. Tasty, if you're not veg/etari/an, but difficult to get to the tender meat because of the shell.

Ducks, like swans, can fly and are graceful in the water, but have a pronounced and awkward waddle on the land. They're noisy. Other associations are metaphors such as "like water off a duck's back" and the one about how underneath you're paddling like mad (that applies to swans, too). Possible pun in the sense of the verb, to duck (to quickly lower your head or body so as not to be seen or to avoid being hit with something).

The water, itself, may have some meaning. Water has various associations, more than I can recount, but I think of water as an environment, one very different from that of a land-based animal. Very often, creatures that are very much at home in the water are quite out of place on the land (and vice versa, of course). Also the association with life, with birth, with refreshment, with baptism (i.e., spiritual cleansing). Water can also erode mountains, given long enough, yet is entirely fluid, with no inherent shape of its own.

susan
30th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks DarkChylde, at the point of waking up before opening eyes and before thinking anything.

Butterfly woman, thank you for such an in depth analysis.
I would love to cherry pick the good bits but it doesn't work like that I know.
I 'm not crabby to anyone. Always aware of what impact my words have on people ( I hope and try)
Can not remember anytime of foul temper ( have always been easy going because I never took anything so seriously because I like an easy life) I can and do change my mind often just to please others, cause to me ,if they prefer the other way,then I see the pleasure they want from the other way and I condition myself to see it too. ( their usually right anyway) So what. it's not as important to me as it is to them.
What a saint I am. Bow in my presence.
But seriously, ..........I just have this feeling water has a relevance here( have no idea why) but I'm willing to open my mind to other suggestions.

ButterflyWoman
1st May 2013, 12:41 AM
What a saint I am. Bow in my presence.
:D That made me giggle.