PDA

View Full Version : Puberty

GMAN12
2nd May 2013, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone. My question is, I have been awakened right after puberty. I started to question myself. In fact I am only 16 and actually still in puberty. Wondering why it happens now, after all these years that I wake up now. Read something similar in the practice of magical evocation.

DarkChylde
2nd May 2013, 11:58 AM
In fact I am only 16 and actually still in puberty.

I have been awakened right after puberty

Let's go with the former assumption and disregard the age of onset (i'm assuming you wouldn't have mentioned your'e still in adolescence otherwise without reason).
(imo) it's generally not a good idea to add quantifiers to phases in life as in i'm this many years old and therefore i ought to be feeling this , this is specially all the more true in spirituality where things don't happen by chronological significance , e.g some people start making full on controlled AP's by as young as age 12 , others start doing so at 40.This doesn't mean the 40 yo isn't on par with the same spiritual caliber as the 12 yo.

Wondering why it happens now, after all these years that I wake up now
spiritual evolution is a cumulative process , things happen in consequent graduation and then slowly accrue in momentum
Me and so many others here have had so many of these so called "peak" experiences and "awakenings" that it's more or less interesting and just about that , I'm not being blase here , it's just that after a while you record such an experience/experiences in a journal or make a thread and get on about your day.
If you keep at it , you'll notice these "wake ups" happen every now and then.

Read something similar in the practice of magical evocation.
didn't get it , some elaboration would be helpful here.

CFTraveler
2nd May 2013, 12:19 PM
I have to second everything DC wrote.. My son just turned 16 (I could be your mama!) and his voice just changed last year, at 15. Adolescence is different for all of us- I was a "woman" (physically, anyway) at 11. And I 'awoke' at about 10, and then went to sleep 'til my next 'awakening' at 17, just to go to sleep in my 20-30s to wake up again after 40. All of life is a process of evolution and learning, it's probably what it's all about.

BDeye
2nd May 2013, 01:00 PM
This is very good to know from some established members here, I was going to post a question whether people have noticed plateaus in their practices. Got the answers without having to ask. Thanks for the initial question and for the responses.

ButterflyWoman
2nd May 2013, 01:07 PM
I've been having mystical experiences since I was a young child. It's just how I'm wired. I used to pay a lot of attention to it, wonder about it, try to figure it out, etc., but now I'm just like, "Yeah, that's just me, I'm weird, what can I say." It's not unimportant, but it's not important, either.

As it happens, though, when I hit puberty, my psychic sensitivity ramped up considerably, and I started to have precog dreams and sometimes other odd phenomena that I hadn't experienced before. I didn't have any sort of self-realisation until I was in my middle thirties, and before I could have that, I had to have a complete breakdown, which was not fun. But I didn't have any lasting or permanent awareness of Consciousness (God/dess, Awareness, Universal Intelligence, Whatever) or of the true nature of reality until I was in my forties. Such has been my journey. Other people take longer, shorter, harder, easier, whatever. It's all extremely individualised and it's affected by all kinds of factors.

after a while you record such an experience/experiences in a journal or make a thread and get on about your day.
I actually have gotten to where I rarely note them at all, unless they have some particular significance to something I'm doing or studying or was thinking about, etc. It seems silly to me now to keep a journal of that stuff, though I did once, and at the time I was doing it, it was meaningful. Now, it isn't. Sometimes the experiences are meaningful, but I know they're ultimately no more important than having a really nice cup or tea or some invigorating sex or reading a good book or whatever else I might be doing.

There's a Zen saying that I always liked, but now I totally, utterly, absolutely get, firsthand. Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

Or the famous story of the Zen master, whose student come to him, very excited by the vivid visions and other experiences the student has been having. The master smiles and nods and says, "Yes, yes. Don't worry, it will pass." :) The experiences may or may not, but the fascination with them does, and it's actually a good thing. Too, it's fun to have all these weird, otherworldly, out-of-body, ethereal and metaphysical experiences and insights and just be like, "Yup, that was all right. Now what's for dinner?" (I like it, anyway. But I relish my weirdness. ;))

I was going to post a question whether people have noticed plateaus in their practices.
I don't "practice" anything any more, if I ever really did (okay, I dabbled in a lot of stuff, but other than meditation, which I took up to help me deal with panic/anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder, I never found much use in any of it).

Think of it as crossing a varied terrain. Sometimes you're climbing uphill, sometimes you're sliding downhill, sometimes you're in a valley, sometimes you're walking on level terrain, and so forth. It's not really about plateaus and it's not like some sort of pyramid where there's a magical pinnacle of enlightenment at the top where angels sing and you float on a lotus forever more.

Chop wood, carry water. ;)

BDeye
2nd May 2013, 01:20 PM
I've been in a relatively flat state for a while now. This lack of out of body activity would have troubled me a few years ago, but one thing I've always said is that even though I have seen amazing things out of the body, I can't say that they have amazed me any more than the things I've seen here (not that I feel there is a there or a here, another story:wacky1:).

It's like when my nephew asks me who I love more him or his sister, I try to explain that I either love or I don't, I cant quantify it. I love projection and all the other stuff that goes with it, but no more than anything else.

DarkChylde
2nd May 2013, 02:05 PM
I actually have gotten to where I rarely note them at all, unless they have some particular significance to something I'm doing or studying or was thinking about, etc. It seems silly to me now to keep a journal of that stuff, though I did once, and at the time I was doing it, it was meaningful.
I don't either , in fact I never have actually.
I refrained from mentioning it , lest the OP feel discouraged about recording whatever he might be undergoing.

ButterflyWoman
2nd May 2013, 11:31 PM
Well, I did find writing it all down very helpful, or at least, it occupied my material mind in useful ways. I was just commenting on the fact that I no longer have that impulse. We change as the journey continues, and what works today may not work tomorrow. Also, having an idea of what might be eventually ahead (though each path is different) can be kind of comforting. When/if it happens to you, you can say, "Oh, yeah, I read about this. I get it."

I would never discourage anyone from doing what they feel is appropriate at the time. At the time, it IS appropriate. Just, eventually, maybe it won't be. Sometimes people get fixated on having to continue with this or that practice or habit, and I just want to tell people it's okay to let something drop if it's time to let that happen.

BDeye
3rd May 2013, 08:03 AM
We change as the journey continues, and what works today may not work tomorrow.

Yep, I tend steer away from a dogmatic following, if it works I use it if it don't I drop it. Although I tend to document things, not so much in a journal format but more along the line of time; date; type of practice and results. I guess I'm bit ocd in that respect because I do the same with work. I guess I fancy myself a bit of a mad scientist except the reality is I lack the scientist bit.

Lucid Quartz
4th May 2013, 02:09 AM
I would think that in between every moment I feel is great spiritual growth those 'plateaus' have all the same growth and meaning just more subtly. So even though I feel nothing special is happening, I don't think that's really true. Just my nature and the way I act now, I think has greatly changed and so I have grown but not in the ways I was automatically imagining. Like having an OBE, amazing meaningful experience, or deep meditative sessions.