PDA

View Full Version : What if Conan the Barbarian was Your Spirit Guide?

ButterflyWoman
6th May 2013, 02:49 PM
I found this amusing: http://io9.com/what-if-conan-the-barbarian-was-your-spirit-guide-490197079

I think I'd kinda like it, actually. Doesn't matter if Conan is fictional, so are a lot of saints, and that doesn't stop them from being spirit guides. So, hey, Conan, if you want to come and counsel me, here I am, baby... ;)

CFTraveler
6th May 2013, 03:14 PM
That was hilarious.
Well, I only saw the remake of the movie (never saw the original, it just didn't make me want to watch it) but, as hot as he is, from what I remember, Conan was kind of a d*ck, not sure I want to be guided by him. But the actor that played him can come visit me. :)

Tutor
6th May 2013, 03:15 PM
i am down with that. co-nan

na na, takes a nun to reveal the vav, the u is the vav, and the a is in the vav.

nunnun, two nuns mean many miracles (plurality). one nun means miracle (singularity). why? because this expression of nunnun commands a vav as u to appear in the midst of yet another nun, as nunnunnun. following this is endless and infinite as expression/creation.

is when madness gives way to nunness. I dont want nun of madness, gimme my nunness.

ness means miracle, while ...nness is many miracles. the singularity is madness, the plurality is nunness.

laughing with ya

ButterflyWoman
6th May 2013, 03:19 PM
Well, I only saw the remake of the movie (never saw the original, it just didn't make me want to watch it)
It was kinda dumb. So was the sequel. But the second one was pretty damned entertaining, for all its dumbness. And they both starred a young and very fit Arnold Schwarzenegger, who, we all know now, is kind of a d*ck, himself, but he sure was nice to look at back in the day. Yowsa.

There are also books, of course, a whole series. Classic fantasy in the way that Arthur C Clarke is classic SciFi. The Conan in the books is a bit more complex. Still fairly gruff and tough and all that, but not an ar$eh0le. :)

Few years ago, I invited Eris, the Greek goddess of Chaos (in her modern Discordian incarnation) to come and guide me, but she was pretty chaotic and the whole thing was a bit of a dud. No offence to Eris, but she's damned inconsistent. I guess you gotta expect that, though, I mean, the whole chaos thing... ;)

DarkChylde
6th May 2013, 03:39 PM
Jason Momoa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Momoa) has been the best conan so far (i didn't tune in for the plot :lol2: )
It was indeed a sad sad day for television when he died as the Khal Drogo on Game of Thrones.

Tutor
6th May 2013, 05:15 PM
Barbarian is Greek meaning non-greek. Wikipedia: "The term originates from the ancient Greek word βάρβαρος (barbaros). Hence the Greek idiom "πᾶς μὴ Ἕλλην βάρβαρος" (pas mē Hellēn barbaros) which literally means "whoever is not Greek is a barbarian".

fr. Thunder Perfect Mind:

"Why then have you hated me, you Greeks?
Because I am a barbarian among the barbarians?
For I am the wisdom of the Greeks
and the knowledge of the barbarians.
I am the judgement of the Greeks and of the barbarians.
I am the one whose image is great in Egypt
and the one who has no image among the barbarians."

I have also seen this translated as: "the Greeks understand me, but do not know me" "the Barbarians know me, but do not understand me".

apparently, as it reads, the egyptians idolized with an image, neither having wisdom(understanding) nor knowledge.

as Salutation, it were written in greek on a stone: "To an unknown God"; and Paul says to the greeks that he knows of this God.

looks like that may be where Music and Life came together.

CFTraveler
6th May 2013, 05:33 PM
This is who I think of when I think of Eris:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXdytg_tZSk8KBgcI8UCl4vZU8QskiU urbozb9UA-q4yPLX0reyw
She's less horrible and funnier than the original version.

ButterflyWoman
6th May 2013, 05:42 PM
The Eris of the Principia Discordia is pretty amusing. I like her. Hail, Eris. :)

Tutor
6th May 2013, 05:53 PM
the feminine is always blamed and the temptation within always covered through this otherly blame. imma letting patience have her perfect work all ways in me out, cuz i always wanna know her too.

yes Hail, Eris.

honestly owning it, this is what i hound doggedly think of when i think of Eris: http://vimeo.com/19795352

seriously though, not just another pretty face, all of them thar vimeos of her's overhead have cool messages...

got out of me car, layed down the key/s, and now walkin...