PDA

View Full Version : Help!

GMAN12
10th May 2013, 12:23 PM
For some reason, I can start to doze off and enter into a trance which is pretty much daydreaming almost instantly. I can fix my eye on something and hit it right there, though most of the time I do not want to and it just gets me. Sometimes I cannot depict what is happening and end up losing recall of a bit of memory in a time frame from the trance. Is there some way I can stop trancing so frequently?

ButterflyWoman
10th May 2013, 01:38 PM
I can start to doze off and enter into a trance which is pretty much daydreaming almost instantly.
Me, too. I can go into a hypnogogic state just about instantaneously, under most circumstances.

Is there some way I can stop trancing so frequently?
Getting plenty of good-quality sleep can help. But given some things I've seen you say in various threads for a while now, I'm going to suggest that for you, this kind of insta-trance is a coping mechanism for dealing with something that has been present in your life. Maybe stress, maybe some family situation, I don't know (won't guess, either), but it's a very common means of getting relief from some pressing situation, so maybe that's something to think about. Is it that? And if it is, can you afford to be without it now? (Note that the answer may be "no, not yet", and that's okay if it is; being without coping mechanisms in a stressful situation can do more damage than good. Again, I'm speaking from personal and direct experience.)

CFTraveler
10th May 2013, 02:02 PM
I agree with this. I have found this to happen to me in moments of stress also. I call it 'temporary narcolepsy'. (Don't know if it's a real thing).
I also recommend you get more sleep, and maybe take some omega 3 fish oil supps, if you don't already.

GMAN12
10th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Now that I think of it, yes I get tons of stress at the moment. Kinda failing some classes and stuff and put on pressure. And Yeah I should get sleep, I mean I am posting this at 4 in the morning and haven't gotten sleep in awhile.

GMAN12
12th May 2013, 02:32 AM
Update: Today I think I may have had my first totally controlled mental projection or mental wandering event. I am not sure, but I started shaking, but not the shaking I experience before astral projection, but I was able to look at myself mentally and explore the other rooms, though it was made through my imagination of how the other rooms looked. I went back there to check on what I looked at and it was pretty accurate. Is this the first step to mental wandering?