PDA

View Full Version : Depression meditation

GMAN12
10th May 2013, 12:30 PM
Hello guys. I come here with a new thread I just thought of now. I remember times of when I was very depressed. I remembered I could care less about that world, that nothing else mattered. At those times I had not realized much that maybe I could have implemented it into some type of meditation. On another forum, someone wise told me that depression is repressed anger. This could be a tension. This tension could be used when in meditation to instantly become relaxed and not depressed. Let those thoughts of depression flow right through. Those moments become a trauma to you and you may feel like crying which is what I did, but soon enough you will start to feel a load getting lifted. I felt all the tension in my body gone. I entered void meditation a little later after that because the thoughts went through my head at an extremely fast rate that I felt kind of tired, but used my force of will to keep myself up. I will explain more probably in another thread.

ButterflyWoman
10th May 2013, 01:35 PM
On another forum, someone wise told me that depression is repressed anger.
I would agree with this. And I speak with extensive experience of both repressed anger (rage, even) and severe depression. Once I worked through and released all the anger (which took some time and was not pleasant, but it was necessary), the depression stopped being an issue.

The system of allowing the depression to flow sounds pretty useful to me, actually. Could work well for a lot of people.

Robust
1st January 2014, 06:39 AM
Meditation is a good technique to beat the depression.
I have personal experience of controlling my stress and depression through the meditation and yoga workouts.
It keeps your mind relaxed and improve it efficiency to perform different tasks.

adamprowse boot camp (http://www.pinterest.com/adambootcamp/maitland-boot-camp/)