PDA

View Full Version : Sirius O.B.E Self-Evaluation

SiriusTraveler
16th May 2013, 06:40 AM
O.B.E Self-Evaluation

Linus Trulsson 2013
Questions taken from "Adventured Beyond The Body: How To Exoperience Out-of-Body Travel" by William Buhlman.

Self-Concept. What do you believe you are? How do you view yourself? Describe your self-concept in detail.

I believe I am a spiritual beeing made out of consciousness, inhabiting a physical body. So in essence I believe I am consciousness. I see myself as me, living out this life I believe I have decided for myself before I was born. I am not my name nor the human that I inhabit, I am that which is conscious of my own beeing. I believe consciousness is eternal and thus I am eternal. I know that I exist and therefor I am. The person Linus that I currently identify myself with in physical reality is a person struggling with trying to understand what he truly is, and always tries to find answers to questions he is interested in. He often daydreams and has his mind elsewhere. He is kind of a dreamer and a thinker. He often wonders about what the purpose of this life is and what he was set out to learn. He also wonders what he have been doing before he came here to this existance. He wants to experience something more, and to find out what he truly is. Only when he finds those answers he can be content, or at least that’s what he thinks.

Personal Viewpoints. What are your perceptions and feelings concerning out-of-body experiences? Do you concider them an adventure?

My feeling is that learning to go out-of-body is the key to obtain the answers I seek. I feel that in meditation and trance practice and out-of-body experiences is where I can understand things I can’t understand now. I feel drawn towards it. I don’t concider it just an adventure. I concider it more as a state closer to my pure/real self where I can learn new/more things and develop as a beeing.

Motivation. Is your personal motivation to obtain answers? To solve a mystery or a problem? Is it curiosity? Is it to obtain personal verification of some kind? Be specific.

My motivation lies in the fact that I don’t feel I can obtain all the answers in physical waking consciousness. Also I am motivated by the mysticism involved in the subject. It feels exciting and uncharted. It also feels like its where I’m supposed to go, I feel drawn to it. It feels comfortable. Even if I have gotten alot of personal verification of that we are more than our physical body it feels as if that fact alone is not answering my questions and thus my motivation stays. Another thing is that sometimes my motivation is lacking, as if there is a time and place for everything. I just wasn’t meant to go out-of-body at the time as there were other things that needed doing. Then it comes back and I delve into the subject again.

Safety. Do you feel that it is completely safe to have an out-of-body experience? Do you have any concerns, such as that you might become lost or die? Be specific.

I feel that it is completelly safe to have an out-of-body experience. I don’t think I’ll die from it nor go insane.

Special Ability Or talent. Do you believe that some kind of special ability or talent is required to have an out-of-body experience?

No. I believe you need some insight in the subject and some training in, perhaps, focusing and silencing your mind.

Importance. Do you concider this exploration important to your personal development? On a scale from 1 – 10, how important is it?

Yes, I concider this very important. I feel that its kind of a missing link in life. Something that has been summoned up through various meetings and happenings in my life, and presented itself to me as a missing basic of some sort. I don’t feel that I’m in a hurry and concidering this I’ll say that the importance level for this is 8 or 9 out of 10.

Desire. Do you possess the inner desire and drive to follow through? What benefits or information do you want from this experience? How strong is your desire?

I have an inner desire to learn this and to follow through but sometimes it fades, as if I get bored as nothing happens in my attempts or progress is stagnant. I get easily let down if I don’t get feedback from my trials. So my desire fluctuates. What I want from this experience is to make beliefs into knowns, chart uncharted territory, learn about myself, learn about everything, make contact with other entities, experience another reality etc. When my desire is at its strongest, I believe its strong enough.

Commitment. Are you willing to devote the time and effort needed to achieve your goal? Are you willing to commit thirty minutes a day for a month?

Yes I am willing to. But I am heavily influenced by my desire when it comes to commitment. Both desire and intent influenses my commitment level heavily. And I see this as an issue I need to get over in some way. Thirty minutes a day for a month is no problem for me.

Fears. Are you anxious or fearful about this kind of exploration? Do you fear the unknown, the dark, or new challenges? Are your fears logical or the result of a lack of information?

I can get anxious sometimes and also fearful as I have many fears left to get rid of/face. My main fear I think is of the unknown. For instance when I swim in a lake or in water where I can’t see the bottom I can get anxious or feel fear. I have had this since childhood. It’s a fear that must be faced somehow and gotten rid of. As I can’t see whats beneath me I couple it with the unknown. I also fear terror itself, as in if I should feel terror I find it highly uncomfortable and want to avoid it at all costs. These fears to me are logical.

Religious Beliefs. How does out-of-body exploration fit into your religious beliefs and concepts? Do you consider this a spiritual experience?

I think it fits very well as I’m not religious in the sence that I follow a certain religion or worship a certain god. I have beliefs but they are not commited to any religion in particular. I see out-of-body experiences as spiritual practises and also very natural as its something we all do in our sleep every day. I don’t connect out-of-body experiences with any religion.

Degree of Difficulty. Do you believe that this experience is natural and easy or difficult to achieve? Why do you feel this way?

I think it is difficult to achieve because I have been trying on and off for 3 years. Perhaps its the lack of commitment, lack of desire, lack of intent that hinders me from having these experiences, but I have not found a way for me to experience this yet. I have tried lots of things but nothing seems easy enough. Perhaps its the way I approach it or look on it that makes it so difficult. There is so much information out there on how to do, and how to not do that it can get very confusing some times and you end up trying to follow very precise steps which is both hard to remember and hard to do for the untrained mind/person. I don’t really know which way to approach it yet. I just want to learn out-of-body travel.

Confidence. Are you confident that you can achieve your desired goals?

Both yes and now. At some time I hope I will learn, but I don’t really know if I will. Some times I want it so much but I don’t know what state of mind I should have when I try. Some times I am confident that it will not work, which is a problem. Perhaps I should try and approach it with the confidence of that it will absolutelly work.

Expectations. Do you expect positive results? What are your personal expectations?

Sometimes i expect possitive results, and sometimes I expect nothing. I have read that you shouldn’t expect to much, which I guess is the writers own personal view on it. My expectations aren’t very high when I try as I don’t want to be disapointed, or something like that. I try to look at the outcome of my trials as positive as I can even though nothing really happened. Sometimes its hard to look at nothing as progress. My highest possible expectation is that I will find myself out of body and have success.

Personal Issues or Limits. Are you aware of any personal issues that may limit your ability to have an out-of-body experience? If so, write them down.

I am currently trying to learn to silence my mind and to focus better. Its hard and it takes time, which is annoying. I guess that can be a limit or an issue. I also find that my energy isn’t always enough to make me stay focused. Way to often I fall asleep when I try to go in to trance or meditate.

Goals. Have you made this exploration a firm personal goal? Is it a written goal? Is it an important goal? Is it a priority?

For me this is an important goal in life. Its the place I want to explore and that I find most interesting. Its a priority amongst my interests. I often prioritise this before other interests. I also think about this in some way every day. Even so I find progress is slow. One thought about this is that I have learned to be patient.

CFTraveler
16th May 2013, 05:26 PM
Interesting. When I get back I'll participate.

eyeoneblack
16th May 2013, 05:54 PM
This sounds fun and I'll enjoy the exercise for certain. It will take a while, so I'll be back later. (After Monroe, I pretty much cut my teeth on Bulhman - much respect for his work.)

:)

BDeye
16th May 2013, 07:47 PM
Very detailed, haven't asked myself these sorts of questions for a few years. Some may not apply anymore, but a little self evaluation can sometimes be surprisingly fun.

eyeoneblack
16th May 2013, 08:14 PM
(Not happy with the format. Going from Word back here doesn't transcribe as I hope.)

Self-Concept
What do you believe you are? How do you view yourself? Describe your self-concept in detai
l.

I am self-confident. I prefer to work alone - detest a 'committee' format. I think and live outside the box which is the only way I'm comfortable. I am suspicious of the motives of others and bend to no authority (with exceptions such as the police, government, etc). I am autonomous. I do not like being vulnerable while at the same time I do not need to control. I make no plans, I go with the moment. I am only consistent in my inconsistency.

Personal Viewpoints. What are your perceptions and feelings concerning out-of-body experiences? Do you concider them an adventure?

Most certainly, OBE's (in their many forms) are the epitome of adventure in my book. I have never had a bad experience and always look to embrace whatever comes my way.

Motivation. Is your personal motivation to obtain answers? To solve a mystery or a problem? Is it curiosity? Is it to obtain personal verification of some kind? Be specific.

I am motivated both aesthetically and intellectually. I discovered I could play the piano when I was very young. The same drive that fueled my passion for my instrument drives my impulse to explore the hidden dimension of the psyche and its connection to a larger world and a greater understanding of the nature of being 'me'.

Safety.
Do you feel that it is completely safe to have an out-of-body experience? Do you have any concerns, such as that you might become lost or die? Be specific.

I am absolutely safe and never entertain any ideas otherwise.

Special Ability Or talent. Do you believe that some kind of special ability or talent is required to have an out-of-body experience?

I believe there are personality types better attuned to the experience than others. We cannot hope that any man-on-street can be a violinist and the same holds true, I think, with people who become interested in the OBE field of experience. If a person shows an interest in the subject, that is proof enough.

Importance. Do you concider this exploration important to your personal development? On a scale from 1 – 10, how important is it?

Meditation and the dream life serve to inform our waking life, and that cannot be understated. But who can observe this informing? I doubt anyone but yourself. Ergo, its importance is entirely subjective and no scale can represent it beyond a metaphor.

Desire. Do you possess the inner desire and drive to follow through? What benefits or information do you want from this experience? How strong is your desire?

This work is absolutely impotent without desire. That is why I believe it is necessary to flood the subconscious with desire. That practice well sustained will reveal the object of that desire. You can count on it.

I believe the benefits are self-evident but on a related note, I do not seek to USE my discoveries in any real world situations beyond the virtues that may be acquired by continued effort.

Commitment. Are you willing to devote the time and effort needed to achieve your goal? Are you willing to commit thirty minutes a day for a month?

I think I've already covered this question.

Fears. Are you anxious or fearful about this kind of exploration? Do you fear the unknown, the dark, or new challenges? Are your fears logical or the result of a lack of information?

I can think of a few pitfalls that a person should possibly fear: Powers may be obtained, and if so, they should be respected, i.e. don't underestimate them. You can hurt yourself as well as others.

Be not proud, this is self-destructive. Be a good ambassador best you can.

Religious Beliefs. How does out-of-body exploration fit into your religious beliefs and concepts? Do you consider this a spiritual experience?

I have no religious beliefs - not in a mundane way.

Degree of Difficulty. Do you believe that this experience is natural and easy or difficult to achieve? Why do you feel this way?
It is in fact easy, but learning that is the difficult part.

Confidence. Are you confident that you can achieve your desired goals?

Confidence is key.

Expectations. Do you expect positive results? What are your personal expectations?

I never expect the results I get. It's always a wonderful surprise.

Personal Issues or Limits. Are you aware of any personal issues that may limit your ability to have an out-of-body experience? If so, write them down.

I had my first OBE quite by accident, so I don't consider I possess any inherent limitations. For the most part, however, I'm not a RTZ traveler and that’s ok.

Goals. Have you made this exploration a firm personal goal? Is it a written goal? Is it an important goal? Is it a priority?

At this point, I have no goals other than the enjoyment of it all.

BDeye
16th May 2013, 08:19 PM
Wonderful answers. I'll have a go as well if no one minds.

SiriusTraveler
17th May 2013, 06:27 AM
Never thought this post would spawn this interest :) Nice. And Bdeye, offcource you should have a go!