PDA

View Full Version : Influencing your future self

GMAN12
20th May 2013, 06:09 PM
I feel that Robert was right when he said that the future self is a lot trickier to influence. I feel the same way. I wouldn't trust that I've seen myself from the past talking to me unless I am clairvoyant and could tell it was really me.

Anyone else have experiences or maybe your opinion?

ButterflyWoman
20th May 2013, 06:17 PM
Why would I want to influence my future self? Influence her to do what, exactly? How can I know, at this point in the space-time continuum, what she's going to be doing or anything else about her?

But for what it's worth, I am influenced by my past self every single day and every single moment. We all are.

IA56
21st May 2013, 05:54 AM
Why let the past weighten you down, do sort out and let go...see the lesson from it and relese it, let it go..for you are not anything of it, never was, the personality only let you get to know how it feels and how it influenses you, get the knowledge out of it and know you are nothing of it, but be greatful for the lesson and the knowledge it gave you...be proud of you did survive and be wiser for the future...

Love

ButterflyWoman
21st May 2013, 06:02 AM
sort out and let go
Yes. This. Exactly.

Gemma
20th June 2013, 01:39 PM
The choices you are making now will dictate future events. I have experienced this for myself.

We are influenced by our past selves, but we do not have to be if we are consciously healing ourselves through the choices we make now.

You influence your future selves and your lives via the choices you make today, but if you make these choices with greater clarity and consideration then you can have greater influence. Meditation, energy work and other spiritual practices are so important because they aid this process.

Just my 2p. :)