PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Tempo

GMAN12
23rd May 2013, 08:12 AM
Hey guys. Ok so it was kind of strange and I think it is a good place to put this. I have been listening to songs over the weeks and come to notice something weird going on when I am outside of the room the music is coming from. Anyways, while the music is playing, I hear it through the wall. I walk into the room and the music is playing faster than it should and a couple of seconds later it starts slowing down and seems slower and finally back to normal. I made sure to play the song over again just in case there was some distortion in the song. Nothing! I finally decide to try and reproduce this over and over. I experimented and came to a conclusion that if the song is playing at the same time and I am outside of the room and since I listened to the song before I get the beat. Anyways it is sorta playing in my mind at the same time. I hear it physically in my mind. The sound waves differ and once I get in the room, I still hear it faster. It gets some effect like binaural beats which plays different frequencies in each ear, yet it was the same song, just my mind reproducing the same song, but in a faster and more upbeat tempo.

DarkChylde
23rd May 2013, 02:31 PM
if you pay acute focused attention , the bugs in the woodwork will come crawling out in anything*, that's usually how paranoia grows and roots itself.
"I'm a spiritual person and more in tuned to paranormal or spiritual phenomena" is also a frequent cause of fixation , paranoia and delusional mentality.
I have had far far more peculiar circumstances and downright bizarre events take place ; I ignored them entirely - and still lived to tell about it.

CFTraveler
23rd May 2013, 03:35 PM
What DC's trying to tell you is to try to ignore things like that.

It is normal that what you perceive is not the same as what 'is', because your brain constantly filters and reinterprets data that your senses sometimes mess up. This is a normal filtration process that keeps you seeing up as up and red as red and stationary objects as stationary objects. Everybody's brains are wired like that, to help you survive.

But as you know, reality isn't as 'solid and unchanging'- everything is waves and particles, and our senses are constantly bringing in new information so many times a second (like a disco strobe) that constantly changes.
When you focus on 'catching' the 'reality glitches', you start to override your brain's natural defense mechanisms that keeps reality real- and enter into a state that can lead to danger. If you continually do this, try to 'catch the glitches' and focus too much on these details, you can be led into a state called "depersonalization", which can in turn lead to paranoia, and possibly psychosis. Most people arrive at those states via drugs (aka drug-induced psychosis) but anyone who tends to be introspective and very focused can fall into this state. I have, as an experiment. It worked, and made me realize how easy it is to go on that rabbit hole. So I agree with DC, note that it is not abnormal (frequency changes with the acoustics of the room and the receiver's angles and so on and so forth), note how interesting reality is, and then ignore it and focus on something else.
Or do like I do, study science, and understand all those forces so you're not spooked by reality when it turns strange.

GMAN12
23rd May 2013, 06:10 PM
Will do CFT!

eyeoneblack
26th May 2013, 01:22 PM
There was time, not long ago, that I could swear a radio was playing off in the distance. I could tell you just what song was playing and the surprising thing was often the music was not to my taste. Some songs I had long forgotten while others were even a little irritating.
But on it played anyway. I cannot explain this and the phenomenon has since passed. But I can assure you there was NO RADIO playing anywhere.
How amusing.

Which reminds me, a week ago there were severe thunderstorms in the state and ever so often I would remark to my daughter that I heard thunder. This could not actually be so because at that point the storms were at least a hundred miles away. Still I heard the thunder.

It was the beginning of the end for Moore, Oklahoma when a colossal Tornado ripped a large swath through that suburb of Oklahoma City where I live. I guess I'm pointed to a 6th sense of hearing. Very interesting.

DarkChylde
26th May 2013, 01:40 PM
you know what? the exact same thing happened to me!
I got ready for a date and was going downtown , riding the bus to meet my date out of campus , and suddenly one of the songs i know started playing.
I was like "hunh? what's this?" so i reached over my bag to retrieve my cell phone (i thought i had that song in my cellular phone and it accidentally got turned on) , the cell wasn't even turned on!, and that song wasn't even in my playlist! , I started tracing back immediately what I had ate that day (i suspected someone had as a joke laced my food or drink with acid) but no! on and on it went! each note and each sound crystal clear!
this happened at a time my Chinese wasn't fluent but I tapped an elderly woman to ask her if heard it too , but she said "Dui bu qi , wo bui zhi dao" (sorry no idea).The odd thing is that the song was in my native language so there is no way in hell a chinese bus driver would play it!

My theory about this is that for some reason the parts of the brain that respond to music and "store" it get accidentally "turned on".I have no idea why this happens or for what reason , but it happened to me beyond the shadow of a doubt.

GMAN12
26th May 2013, 05:44 PM
That could be really great to have control of that. Maybe you want to listen to a song that you like and you remember everything about it. Your mind starts playing it without having to control it like listening to your mind but in a much more passive way.

CFTraveler
26th May 2013, 05:45 PM
Which reminds me, a week ago there were severe thunderstorms in the state and ever so often I would remark to my daughter that I heard thunder. This could not actually be so because at that point the storms were at least a hundred miles away. Still I heard the thunder.

It was the beginning of the end for Moore, Oklahoma when a colossal Tornado ripped a large swath through that suburb of Oklahoma City where I live. I guess I'm pointed to a 6th sense of hearing. Very interesting. So you live close to Moore? How is it going over there?

eyeoneblack
26th May 2013, 07:58 PM
So you live close to Moore? How is it going over there?

The tornado touch down approx. five miles from my house. When I heard the sirens going off, many of them and for a long time, the skies were placid in my neighborhood so I thought something was wrong with the civil defense system. Was I EVER wrong. These sort of storms are fiercely local and without a TV, I can't say I know any more than any well-informed citizen.

I can say it was quite a tragedy and to think these neighborhoods in Moore had already suffered an equal event, the only other EF5 in history, is mind-boggling. They'll rebuild just as before, but I wonder who in the hell will buy a home there :!:

eyeoneblack
27th May 2013, 12:27 PM
I talked to my son-in-law last night and he said the traffic on I-35 which goes by ground zero caused him to take 2 1/2 hrs to cover only a few miles. Lots of gawkers I think.