PDA

View Full Version : Guru?

GMAN12
1st June 2013, 06:08 AM
Has anyone ever met their Guru? I am pretty sure the father of Franz Bardon met his Guru in, well, Franz. Many have met their guru. Anyone else got experiences?

CFTraveler
1st June 2013, 05:42 PM
Define Guru.

eyeoneblack
1st June 2013, 10:48 PM
My belief system requires you must be your own guru. I do not trust the 'popular' gurus. Some authors pass the test (Sogyal Rinpoche for example) but in a world where no one is directly, by his example and life, in touch with our masses, we must look within for our 'guru'. There is, above our crown chakra, a guide that beckons relief and understanding. The road is long but our intimate guru awaits our supplicance and dedication.

The motive and the strength lie within.

GMAN12
1st June 2013, 11:26 PM
I like your answer. I may like to ask one question though. What about Franz Bardon? What ever happened to the soul that was in the body in the first place? What was the true name of the advanced soul who became somewhat a guru to Franz's father?

eyeoneblack
2nd June 2013, 12:13 AM
I'm studying up on Bardon.

BDeye
6th June 2013, 11:34 AM
I've always felt the universe is my guru. It's lessons and trials are around me all the time. My receptivity to these lessons waxes and wanes and are always coloured by subjectivity, so I try to apply as much objectivity as is humanly possible, but I have to accept that my subjectivity in interpreting the lesson is part of the lesson as well. This is why I try to widen my field of awareness to take in every little detail of the world around me, because it may hold something that moves me in a positive direction, positive at least as it pertains to my current goals. Sometimes I'll pick up a transformative(is that a word?) bit of information from the people around me, sometimes from a movie, but sometimes it can come from the most mundane of acts, like watching an ant tirelessly move a blade of grass across the concrete. I don't think this is a particularly new way of looking at things, but I feel it empowers the individual to look for themselves and try to teach themselves how to grow into a fuller existence. Of course sometimes I have a tantrum and shut the lessons out, but so long as I'm aware of my actions I can interpret them as part of the lesson or journey. All I can do is keep looking out and inwards into this strange world I was born into and try to decipher(purely a personal desire) as much of it as I can. In the end though I also feel it doesn't matter whether I make sense of any of it.

CFTraveler
6th June 2013, 01:47 PM
I've always felt the universe is my guru. It's lessons and trials are around me all the time. My receptivity to these lessons waxes and wanes and are always coloured by subjectivity, so I try to apply as much objectivity as is humanly possible, but I have to accept that my subjectivity in interpreting the lesson is part of the lesson as well. This is why I try to widen my field of awareness to take in every little detail of the world around me, because it may hold something that moves me in a positive direction, positive at least as it pertains to my current goals. Sometimes I'll pick up a transformative(is that a word?) bit of information from the people around me, sometimes from a movie, but sometimes it can come from the most mundane of acts, like watching an ant tirelessly move a blade of grass across the concrete. I don't think this is a particularly new way of looking at things, but I feel it empowers the individual to look for themselves and try to teach themselves how to grow into a fuller existence. Of course sometimes I have a tantrum and shut the lessons out, but so long as I'm aware of my actions I can interpret them as part of the lesson or journey. All I can do is keep looking out and inwards into this strange world I was born into and try to decipher(purely a personal desire) as much of it as I can. In the end though I also feel it doesn't matter whether I make sense of any of it. I like this answer. I have always thought that if our material existence needs a reason, the reason would be to learn via experience.