PDA

View Full Version : Scaring yourself out of your body?

Warriorking
4th July 2005, 12:21 PM
Hey guys

Is it possible to leave your body when you know you are seconds away from a very horrible death?

I had an interesting experience last night.

I was having a very vivid nightmare that i was in a plane that was crashing. I could see the ground getting closer very fast and because i was in a dream and my mind was dull, i really believed that i was about to die for real.
Then just before the plane hit the ground i got a strong sucking pressure over my whole body then about a second later i awoke completely paralysed like i get just before a projection.

I know it was during a dream and my physical body was relaxed enough for a projection, but i wonder if its possible to be scared out of your body in real life?

Cheers,

Malc

Chris
4th July 2005, 12:39 PM
I would guess the answer could be yes, as in near death experiences. It seems when the body is in trauma or perceives itself to be, the brain possibly releases DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine) which could facilitate an NDE/OBE. An interesting book to read, giving a lot of information on this subject is: "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman MD.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0892819278/103-2113138-3858206?v=glance

Aunt Clair
16th July 2005, 04:31 PM
Hey guys Is it possible to leave your body when you know you are seconds away from a very horrible death? Cheers, Malc

I projected out quickly when i was attacked and in great pain . The judge believed me when i described that i felt powerless to defend myself as i was suddenly looking down upon my lifeless body . I was in shock at the time or may not have been so honest with her . She told me she did believe me and that assault victims have described that to her before . I have also done readings as a medium which demonstrate that this can happen . I spoke with a man who died in a burning car . He screamed once his sister on the scene believed he died horribly in pain but he told her no he screamed in horror and prayed and angels pulled him from his body which he watched burn up and then be transported later to the morgue . He wanted her to know he did not suffer. Another time a lady that was raped and murdered told me that she had been pulled from her body before the attackers began to injure her badly . So yes i feel angels offer mercy to us and can pull us from painful deaths if we call to them . And i feel we can pull out ourselves when the pain becomes intolerable emotionally or physically a real good scare could do that .

Huggie
5th November 2005, 01:24 AM
From much sudy of "Death" in past lives, I would say we do this almost all the time in sudden or painful death. If you were carrying bad karma, you might believe you needed the suffering for unresolvd wicked deeds. But wicked deeds can only be undone by forgiving yourself, not by suffering!
A person suffering great pain, like cancer gets a surprise as they die because all pain vanishes. I know becaue I was beaten to death!
Huggie

enoch
6th November 2005, 12:53 PM
I created a bwgen preset that had a large space of silence and then a sudden burst of tone because I find that jumping out of my skin can have interesting effects

7th November 2005, 11:31 PM
Saturday I was listening to an interview in which the interviewee said that he had been involved in a sort of group-therapy session. There was a woman there who was deathly afraid of snakes. They brought a harmless snake into the room. (She had agreed in advance to this.) The snake was across the room from her. She was terrified and casually made the comment that she had left her body...

The interviewer didn't elaborate. OBEs were really not his concern. So it is hard for me to tell whether to take the comment at face value.

8th November 2005, 06:28 AM
A strange thing that happens to me is if I think that I'm going to have a car accident when driving and stop abruptly, I get energy cobweb sensations on my face. Cobwebs are energy sensations going through energy pathways. This has happened several times. It's like the energy body is getting ready to leave, was my theory.

Quantitativefool
10th November 2005, 02:59 AM
I think the cobwebs are caused by a sudden increase in activation of subtle energies, Ki, Chi, Prana, whatever you'd like to call it. And when you are in situations like that you are hypersensitized to it. Which I guess would allow for OBE's at that point.

-Stu

10th November 2005, 03:09 PM
Maybe adrenaline (C9H13NO3) has something to do with it?

kazbadan
10th November 2005, 07:40 PM
I have similar experiences but in a different way: i dream a lot that i am OBing and then i will wake up paralysed like if coming back from an obe.

10th November 2005, 11:16 PM
I have similar experiences but in a different way: i dream a lot that i am OBing and then i will wake up paralysed like if coming back from an obe.
From what I understand, dream paralysis has little to do with an OBE -- Researchers say that its purpose is to prevent sleepwalking.

Here is a reference...
http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

I haven't had time to read it. Maybe it gives another opinion.