PDA

View Full Version : Temporal cloak erases data from history

ButterflyWoman
6th June 2013, 07:46 AM
Something my scientist husband pointed out to me today:

http://www.nature.com/news/temporal-...istory-1.13141

Mind you, physicists are looking at this for various reasons other than what folks who hang around here might be interested in, but it does demonstrate something about the mutable nature of time and space and "the past". Just some food for thought. Also, this particular finding has to do with just hiding data, rather than erasing it, but if it's not visible, it's not visible...

LPCF
6th June 2013, 08:17 AM
That is fascinating, BW! Quite a while ago I encountered a case where the Akashic Record for a dog had been partially "hidden" by what I was told was "compression". I would prefer not to go into details.

I found it difficult to accept what I had been told, as it went against all the received "wisdom" about the records. But I still believed what I was told.

Now the " 'time pockets' in which to cloak events (http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101116/full/news.2010.611.html)" article you mention makes me think even harder. Yes, I know that cloaking events in physical time is not the same thing, but it is going in that direction.

ButterflyWoman
6th June 2013, 08:21 AM
Just because physics hasn't yet discovered how to re-write historical data (so far as I'm aware, anyway) doesn't mean it's not entirely do-able, and quite possibly just by simple observer intervention. Such in the nature of quantum.

Just today, in fact, before I read this, I had the rather startling understanding that the reason things are the way they are is because they have been observed. My life was observed and interpreted by me, through my material mind, and that's what caused it to be what it was/is/will be. I knew this already, mind you, but today I understood it from the perspective of the quantum observer principle. Pretty cool stuff.

CFTraveler
6th June 2013, 01:44 PM
Cool indeed. And explains some stuff from a phenomenological viewpoint.