PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

GMAN12
12th June 2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/ron-paul-edward-snowden_n_3424408.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D327506

The possibility of this man getting killed by a drone strike is high because he leaked information about the U.S spying on us here. Are we still at Kali Yuga?

ButterflyWoman
12th June 2013, 08:46 AM
People who tell lies hate it when someone tells the truth, particularly about the lies. People who keep secrets hate it when those secrets are exposed. And creatures of the dark hate it when someone or something shines a bright light on them.

This is the nature of the world. It has always been so. I don't have high hopes that it will ever change, probably because I've studied too much history, philosophy, and religion, and I have seen that humanity, while somewhat more sensitive to some issues, really hasn't changed on any fundamental level since we came down from the trees.

I don't, however, think that anyone in the U.S. government is stupid enough to call a drone strike on this, particular whistle blower. It would turn him into a martyr for the truth, and just add fuel to a growing revolution sparked by the openness of the information age. He might end up in some very unfortunate situation, that's true (look at Julian Assange, and all he did was publish material that someone else leaked!), but there are worse things in life than being a martyr for a good cause, and I do consider this a good cause. Martyrs are a necessary part of any resistance movement or revolution.

IA56
12th June 2013, 11:08 AM
People who tell lies hate it when someone tells the truth, particularly about the lies. People who keep secrets hate it when those secrets are exposed. And creatures of the dark hate it when someone or something shines a bright light on them.

This is the nature of the world. It has always been so. I don't have high hopes that it will ever change, probably because I've studied too much history, philosophy, and religion, and I have seen that humanity, while somewhat more sensitive to some issues, really hasn't changed on any fundamental level since we came down from the trees.

I don't, however, think that anyone in the U.S. government is stupid enough to call a drone strike on this, particular whistle blower. It would turn him into a martyr for the truth, and just add fuel to a growing revolution sparked by the openness of the information age. He might end up in some very unfortunate situation, that's true (look at Julian Assange, and all he did was publish material that someone else leaked!), but there are worse things in life than being a martyr for a good cause, and I do consider this a good cause. Martyrs are a necessary part of any resistance movement or revolution.

Nodds!!