PDA

View Full Version : Mental Banishing?

Cal
13th June 2013, 09:38 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to mentally banish sexual thoughts? I saw RB mention it so I figure the technique is effective and I could really use it to be honest :)

Cal

ButterflyWoman
13th June 2013, 02:08 PM
Haven't done this with sexual thoughts (that's not a problem for me), but I have with other kinds of unwanted and intrusive thoughts. It's actually the same as breaking any other habit. When you find yourself thinking the thought you don't want to think, stop. Don't be angry with yourself, don't be harsh, just gently acknowledge it and turn your thoughts elsewhere. It sounds easy, but it's actually quite demanding, depending on the thought, BUT it will help you develop mental discipline that will be useful for all kind of other stuff.

Not very mystical, I know, but becoming aware of your thoughts IS a part of some kinds of Buddhist meditative practices, so it can't be all bad.. ;)

eyeoneblack
15th June 2013, 04:50 PM
So often our thoughts stir an emotional response - anxiety and such. But you can develop your meditation to a point where you observe these thoughts that now have become meaningless chatter and simply watch them pass on by - like waiting at a railroad crossing and watching the cars come and go.
But, come to think of it, sexual thoughts may be a little different matter. Personally, these sort of thoughts do not disturb my meditation but they well up in dreams. For this I am extremely thankful. I'd hate to have no sex at all!!!

[edit] When I think back on the years when I was practicing meditation religiously, when I could locate my consciousness in the God-Head, sex is no longer relevant, as from that perspective I am a he-she - both sexes or hermaphroditic. I've been too long 'at the fair' I see, and should become a good student again. On that thought, it is nice to have practiced meditation so that one no longer needs a teacher, guru and such, because you have your teacher and he is you.

Cal
16th June 2013, 12:59 PM
Haven't done this with sexual thoughts (that's not a problem for me), but I have with other kinds of unwanted and intrusive thoughts. It's actually the same as breaking any other habit. When you find yourself thinking the thought you don't want to think, stop. Don't be angry with yourself, don't be harsh, just gently acknowledge it and turn your thoughts elsewhere. It sounds easy, but it's actually quite demanding, depending on the thought, BUT it will help you develop mental discipline that will be useful for all kind of other stuff.

Not very mystical, I know, but becoming aware of your thoughts IS a part of some kinds of Buddhist meditative practices, so it can't be all bad.. ;)

I'm afraid that doesn't work with sexual thoughts, they aren't like normal thoughts, they carry much more energy.

I'll try to find the post I saw and ask the person who wrote it how he did it, now where did I see it...

ButterflyWoman
16th June 2013, 03:00 PM
While I believe this may be the case in your reality and in your experience, I don't believe it's true for everyone that sexual thoughts are more powerful than any other. The notion that sex is extra special and so much more overwhelming than other kinds of emotions and drives is, in my opinion, part of the problem with thoughts and emotions like this.

I used to have recurring, extremely violent thoughts (like, of hacking my parents to death with a machete, that kind of violent), and they were highly intrusive and very powerful, and not at all sexual. I also used to have nearly constant and very vivid thoughts of self-harm of various sorts, and that was probably the most powerful thought I ever had to grapple with. And yet, I have always been rather highly attuned to all things sexual, sexual thoughts, while frequent and sometimes intrusive, were never that much of an issue for me.

I write this not for you, necessarily, but for someone else who might read this. Intrusive thoughts are intrusive thoughts. Some are very powerful. Not all of them are sexual. And not all sexual thoughts are intrusive.

That's all I'm going to say further on the matter. I hope you find the relief you seek.

GMAN12
16th June 2013, 09:50 PM
I myself had lots of sexual thoughts. I am still going through puberty right now and expect the testosterone flowing through me would cause that effect, but I tend to also scold myself for thinking that way. I think that your thoughts have got you so very exited that you created larvaes. They seem very strong to you because those are amplifying it. Try to do a cord cutting or simply put it in your mind the totally forget about them. Like this whole thread is about. Banishing from your mind. Try thinking about it in your mind, then it falling into a pit of fire. Try writing it on paper then burning it. Feel the emotion. Trust me it worked for me, but I cannot guarantee that for you.

Spi Jirachi
30th June 2013, 05:03 PM
I have forbidden black magical thoughts that were an annoying problem when I had to deal with negative entities. Couldn't stop going over it and it would feed them. The thing is to not make it build into a thoughtform, and the stress of thinking them over and over has less pressure onto you. To weaken the thoughtform, I practice mental banishing by visualizing them being thrown in the trash or cut in half. Just have the intention of destroying it.

Also make sure you understand the source of why those thoughts happen, because that also can weaken the cord or attachment of the thoughtform onto your energy. A source such as being a memory or some kind of karmic/emotional issue you have with yourself that keeps you from going over bad thoughts. Look deeper into your problem and resolve your issue will help stop the negative flow.