PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this movie?

agapelove
20th June 2013, 09:56 PM
With so many different views and perspectives out there, it's hard to find the truth. I'd love to hear your opinions on the info presented in this movie.

I'm not sure if I can post links (I know, I should read the rules) so I'm posting a link, but if it gets taken down, just google "age of deceit" and you will find it for free.

Edit: I just read the rules and I have removed the link.
(http://www.ageofdeceit.com/watch/)

CFTraveler
21st June 2013, 12:28 AM
You have to have twenty posts under your name to post links. They can stay up depending whether they are within the rules.

SoulSail
21st June 2013, 01:01 AM
I would give my full personal take here, but that would take an awful long time and too much typing tonight. In short:

1. I don't doubt stuff I used to. Evil men with evil parasites and evil plans exist.

But...

2. Love wins.

Soul

ButterflyWoman
21st June 2013, 06:25 AM
I don't think there is a singular "truth". I used to think there was, and that if I just searched long and hard enough, I'd find it, but the more I searched, the more I found that it's all subjective. The farther one travels, the less one knows, the less one really knows (to quote my favourite Beatle, George Harrison).

IA56
21st June 2013, 07:08 AM
With so many different views and perspectives out there, it's hard to find the truth. I'd love to hear your opinions on the info presented in this movie.

I'm not sure if I can post links (I know, I should read the rules) so I'm posting a link, but if it gets taken down, just google "age of deceit" and you will find it for free.

Edit: I just read the rules and I have removed the link.
(http://www.ageofdeceit.com/watch/)

I have not yet looked at the movie but my take on this is....I have found out that the most crusial thing is to be true to my own point of view and dare to change it when ever I have grown out of my own "truth" so to speak....The only sure thing is change and as we grow and develop we are able to take in different views and widen our prespectivs the "truth" will be seen differently.

Love
ia

IA56
21st June 2013, 01:23 PM
I have now seen the movie, and as I did understand the main point that Jesus is the son of God as the Bible tell us.

I have my own experience about Jesus, I did get to know about him in the 4th grade and as I have told before I felt a revelation so to speak and I have kept Jesus in my heart since then.

As I did understand it, was that he did not come here to start a religion, he come to set us free, and give us the info how to become free and have own personal contact with GOD. I am not religious, I listen to LOVE because it is the force what heals everything. Jesus is pure LOVE.

I have now evidence by my son who did be lured into Satanism in his teen, and I did write here about the last battle when we (Jesus) and me did bring him home and his is back with us living so to speak. My son and I was deceived when he was 3 yrs old and the battle has bean on since then, it is rocky still or fragile, but I do have fate and hope that all will be good and very good like in some yrs from now on. When you have bean in a very cold and hard place even you get into the warmth it will take take to be upwarmed from your core so to speak, and it is why I say it will take time, but now when he is at home it can take how long it has to take, I am happy and can start to heal deeper in me after these long years of battle.

I will not stop my prayres before all are at home, and they will be in the end I have bean told.

Love
ia

eyeoneblack
28th June 2013, 08:47 PM
I have basically made a life out of searching religions/theologies for something that fit. I became in essence a student of Kabbalah and Hermetics. By account of the movie I must be a Satanist. BOLONY!
I was a member of an international organization that teaches the Urantia Book but I never see it referenced in any of this genre of spiritual books/movies, and I think that is odd. It's a big operation and claims to be the 5th epochal revelation of God.
Anyway, that didn't serve me really. Buddhism is probably what I would claim if the question was put to me. But that infers a temple and a community which doesn't apply.
I had a Zippo lighter which the provenance claimed to have belonged to a member of the Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale. It had gold flakes inbedded with the image of a skull and bones and the number 322. I lost it - dang! I think I knocked it off the end table and it fell in the trash. I guess I shouldn't have it.
I'll have to say my take on the movie was 'trite' (I'm not making any friends here am I?).

IA56
29th June 2013, 11:59 AM
I have basically made a life out of searching religions/theologies for something that fit. I became in essence a student of Kabbalah and Hermetics. By account of the movie I must be a Satanist. BOLONY!
I was a member of an international organization that teaches the Urantia Book but I never see it referenced in any of this genre of spiritual books/movies, and I think that is odd. It's a big operation and claims to be the 5th epochal revelation of God.
Anyway, that didn't serve me really. Buddhism is probably what I would claim if the question was put to me. But that infers a temple and a community which doesn't apply.
I had a Zippo lighter which the provenance claimed to have belonged to a member of the Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale. It had gold flakes inbedded with the image of a skull and bones and the number 322. I lost it - dang! I think I knocked it off the end table and it fell in the trash. I guess I shouldn't have it.
I'll have to say my take on the movie was 'trite' (I'm not making any friends here am I?).

I do not know what you are, but one thought come to mind what I want to ask....

Is your feeling or your take more as ...service to self ....more than service to others??

Love
ia

eyeoneblack
30th June 2013, 12:53 AM
Is your feeling or your take more as ...service to self ....more than service to others??

Certainly not! My life is about service, SERVICE to my own and others, and I don't draw a line between them. Humanity is my own and service is to whomever comes my way and needs a little help, which I might provide. The benefits of giving so out-weigh the cost that it is the fuel of my spiritual life. Only good Fortune and a frugal life have made this possible for me and I can only hope that 'at the Gates of St Peter' my generosity will be commended; as there is little else to save me. :)

ButterflyWoman
30th June 2013, 05:10 AM
I don't draw a lot of distinction between "self" and "other" if I can help it. It's unavoidable sometimes, because, well, it's the nature of the human beast, but the whole idea of "good" being pouring out your life on other people and "evil" being taking care of yourself is a misnomer. If I hadn't learned to care for myself, nurture myself, look out for myself, I would have died. Literally. Service to self is one of my great lessons in this life.

IA56
30th June 2013, 05:49 AM
Certainly not! My life is about service, SERVICE to my own and others, and I don't draw a line between them. Humanity is my own and service is to whomever comes my way and needs a little help, which I might provide. The benefits of giving so out-weigh the cost that it is the fuel of my spiritual life. Only good Fortune and a frugal life have made this possible for me and I can only hope that 'at the Gates of St Peter' my generosity will be commended; as there is little else to save me. :)

Thank you for your honest answere...you are the one who must save your self...as I have wrote a PM to you about more questions, I do not know if I shall go on asking in this thread?? You decide....

Love
ia

IA56
30th June 2013, 06:16 AM
I don't draw a lot of distinction between "self" and "other" if I can help it. It's unavoidable sometimes, because, well, it's the nature of the human beast, but the whole idea of "good" being pouring out your life on other people and "evil" being taking care of yourself is a misnomer. If I hadn't learned to care for myself, nurture myself, look out for myself, I would have died. Literally. Service to self is one of my great lessons in this life.

Yes, you are right, but I am not talking about this natural first lessons what is...if you do not learn to care for your self you will not survive, that is true...I am talking about what is destroying our world...and in those 2 sayings is the key...as we call satanism is service to self....and in this is inbedded not to care that more than half world is starving...if we would share NO-ONE would have to starve!!..This is service to others.

Love
ia

BDeye
30th June 2013, 09:15 AM
On my way to my flat this morning I came across this small lizard in the middle of the pathway. I knew if I left it there it would get stood on or bitten by one of the dogs, so I coaxed it onto my hand and got it to a safer place. When I got inside I asked myself why I did this. I don't love the lizard but I also don't hate it. By the time I'd come out of my flat I'd analysed the situation to death. I think it was more to protect my frail sensibilities from witnessing an act of brutality. But, I was moving past something that needed help, I was in a position to get it out of danger, so I did. Even though this was a self serving act of kindness, the lizards small world benefited.

I spent a lot of my life searching for the fundamental truth. Later on I realized I had secretly already decided for myself what that truth would be. The idea of what that truth would be changed every time I got a glimpse of a larger universe. From my current position I've realized, how can I look for something if I've already decided (even a subconscious decision) what shape the "truth" should take. I try now to really live in the present, take in as many details as I can. It seems to keep me busy enough so that I don't have the energy or means to look for any greater truth, other than enjoying that moment. This method will change, most things do, but for the moment it's quite fulfilling. This isn't to say that anyone should stop their search for a greater truth or to try and make the universe a better place through some great or small act of kindness, even if the kindness is towards yourself (bugger the motivation behind the kindness). I know I'm reaffirming what others have voiced in this post, but I suppose it's only because I agree.

IA56
30th June 2013, 09:41 AM
On my way to my flat this morning I came across this small lizard in the middle of the pathway. I knew if I left it there it would get stood on or bitten by one of the dogs, so I coaxed it onto my hand and got it to a safer place. When I got inside I asked myself why I did this. I don't love the lizard but I also don't hate it. By the time I'd come out of my flat I'd analysed the situation to death. I think it was more to protect my frail sensibilities from witnessing an act of brutality. But, I was moving past something that needed help, I was in a position to get it out of danger, so I did. Even though this was a self serving act of kindness, the lizards small world benefited.

I spent a lot of my life searching for the fundamental truth. Later on I realized I had secretly already decided for myself what that truth would be. The idea of what that truth would be changed every time I got a glimpse of a larger universe. From my current position I've realized, how can I look for something if I've already decided (even a subconscious decision) what shape the "truth" should take. I try now to really live in the present, take in as many details as I can. It seems to keep me busy enough so that I don't have the energy or means to look for any greater truth, other than enjoying that moment. This method will change, most things do, but for the moment it's quite fulfilling. This isn't to say that anyone should stop their search for a greater truth or to try and make the universe a better place through some great or small act of kindness, even if the kindness is towards yourself (bugger the motivation behind the kindness). I know I'm reaffirming what others have voiced in this post, but I suppose it's only because I agree.

WoW...thank you for reaffirming...all starts with one self...first you have to fix your self....and from this the greater truth will revele and go as rings in the water but now it goes in the air to the wholeiness of the existence...I have seen this what happens when we work and cleanse our inner...we do heal the nature also...so powerful it is, and we are that powerful...here is the key to the words in the bible...that men is the in charge over the nature...I do not remember the right words from the bible...but you know what I mean, right??

BDeye
30th June 2013, 10:24 AM
from this the greater truth will revele and go as rings in the water but now it goes in the air to the wholeiness of the existence

I don't know, maybe, I'll have to think about it a little. But, can I make peace with never knowing any greater truth and enjoy the universe for what I am able to perceive it as, at this moment.

that men is the in charge over the nature
I don't know if I'm in control of anything, whether it be the world around me or my own inner nature. Certainly I try to control my own inner nature, but it's kind of like riding a wave, my inner world rises up to outside stimuli and I try to control my reaction as best I can. I try nurture a sense of peace and joy to what I perceive, but sometimes I react to the world around me with anger, I do try channel that anger to a positive end (sometimes unsuccessfully).

I think there is an inherent need for the quest in human nature. That without battle, what we have isn't of value.

first you have to fix your self
If there is something that needs to be fixed, if not an act of kindness to oneself can just be enjoyed for what it is, a moment of happiness.

I know there is most likely a lot of contradiction in what I'm saying ( I'm a conflicted bugger:wacky1:).

IA56
30th June 2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know, maybe, I'll have to think about it a little. But, can I make peace with never knowing any greater truth and enjoy the universe for what I am able to perceive it as, at this moment.

I don't know if I'm in control of anything, whether it be the world around me or my own inner nature. Certainly I try to control my own inner nature, but it's kind of like riding a wave, my inner world rises up to outside stimuli and I try to control my reaction as best I can. I try nurture a sense of peace and joy to what I perceive, but sometimes I react to the world around me with anger, I do try channel that anger to a positive end (sometimes unsuccessfully).

I think there is an inherent need for the quest in human nature. That without battle, what we have isn't of value.

If there is something that needs to be fixed, if not an act of kindness to oneself can just be enjoyed for what it is, a moment of happiness.

I know there is most likely a lot of contradiction in what I'm saying ( I'm a conflicted bugger:wacky1:).
The first I will say is that it is not ever easy to be understood what I try to say with word´s about the greater spheres, I am shaking my head and tearing my hair, how shall I say....I give it one more try, and we´ll see how that will be understood by you :-)

"can I make peace with never knowing any greater truth and enjoy the universe for what I am able to perceive it as, at this moment."...YES you can, it has to do for what reason you are here this time...and maybe it is to learn to live in the now and nothing els....so if you are happy then you are happy.

"I don't know if I'm in control of anything, whether it be the world around me or my own inner nature. Certainly I try to control my own inner nature, but it's kind of like riding a wave, my inner world rises up to outside stimuli and I try to control my reaction as best I can. I try nurture a sense of peace and joy to what I perceive, but sometimes I react to the world around me with anger, I do try channel that anger to a positive end (sometimes unsuccessfully).".....What I meant was from the GOD perspective what was written in the Bible as GOD´s plan for the mankind...the order of things so to speak...that we was put here to garden the nature...and what I ment was to understand this from the right way...to work to understand how powerful we are, I have seen that if we work with our inner, to cleanse it....we will heal...and when we heal and live in healthy way, then also nature will heal...to stop poluting our self´s is to stop poluting nature...do I have to deepen this further or do you understand what I mean??

"If there is something that needs to be fixed, if not an act of kindness to oneself can just be enjoyed for what it is, a moment of happiness.

I know there is most likely a lot of contradiction in what I'm saying ( I'm a conflicted bugger:wacky1:)."......To fix oneself is to work out the 7 sind´s what is ...jellosy, gluttony, egoism...I do not remember them now, but you get what I mean...to get control over your own selfishness what is harmful...to work out the stuck energy from your childhood and from other incarnations, to understand your family herititage most the negative one...because we are ONE...you are me and I am you...:-)

Love
ia

BDeye
30th June 2013, 11:43 AM
The first I will say is that it is not ever easy to be understood what I try to say with word´s about the greater spheres
Don't worry often I have difficulty understanding what I've written let alone what others have written. That's why I go back and reread and then kick myself for not phrasing it better.:thumbsup:

do I have to deepen this further or do you understand what I mean??
No, that makes sense. I'll be the first to admit that there is quite a bit of repair work (inner and outer) that needs to be undertaken in my life. Although I won't let this stop me from enjoying my world, even though it's not perfect.

IA56
30th June 2013, 12:17 PM
Don't worry often I have difficulty understanding what I've written let alone what others have written. That's why I go back and reread and then kick myself for not phrasing it better.:thumbsup:

No, that makes sense. I'll be the first to admit that there is quite a bit of repair work (inner and outer) that needs to be undertaken in my life. Although I won't let this stop me from enjoying my world, even though it's not perfect.

Thank you BDeye for your kind understanding :-)
You give me curage not to give up trying to put in word´s how I understand life.
I do LOVE life, just as it is, I do sing and dance a rejoice every new day I am here to face, even at the hardest day´s even I am all tears I know that all what come´s into my life bad as good is for my own best, it is to see the deep meaning of WHY. I do not anymore feel as a victim, but to say THANK YOU for showing me what I must work with to become whole :-)

Love
ia