PDA

View Full Version : energy work, alcohol consumption

Libramoon
27th June 2013, 04:48 AM
Contrary to what you may think from the title, I am NOT advocating during energy work while drunk ;) Rather, what I am going to say is that I have noticed lately that I get awful hangovers from drinking these days, even if its relatively just a little bit. I cant help but wonder if maybe this is because on a spiritual/energetic level my body is wanting me to stay healthier? Because I dont recall alcohol having such a negative effect on me before starting energy work. I'm not saying the two are correlated, but it is definitely interesting to consider. Anyone got any experiences regarding this?

Frater.Akenu
27th June 2013, 07:36 AM
Don't drink too much :D. Alcohol (in small doses) is actually ideal for energy work. Take a shot of strong spiritus or a glass of wine and in 30 minutes you will be able to think better and your energy manipulation will improve as well (thanks to the energy being released faster from energy storages in your body).
This unfortunately works just once, so taking another glass after 30 minutes will just make you drunk :D.

Reference:
Papus (Gerard Encausse). Traite Méthodique De La Magie Pratique

ButterflyWoman
27th June 2013, 07:46 AM
In fact, I found that doing energy work made me much more sensitive to caffeine. I haven't noticed it with alcohol, but I drink so infrequently and carefully (only with food or on a full stomach, limited amounts, etc.) that it's not something I'd be likely to notice. Some people report other sensitivities increasing, as well, such as to certain pain relief drugs (codeine, for example). Basically, as you clear your energetic pathways, so to speak, it makes you a lot more aware of and sensitive to various kinds of perception-altering substances.

Also going to recommend on a purely practical level that you make sure you stay very well hydrated with actual water if you're going to drink alcohol. The hangover is usually due to dehydration (mind you, I haven't had a hangover in decades, but that's because I'm not a big drinker ;)).

heliac
27th June 2013, 01:09 PM
I have found that energy work/meditation has increased my tolerance for alcohol consumption. I believe this is because i am better able to manage "altered states" as a result/by-product.

There has been times where i would be out with friends celebrating with a little bit too much alcohol and the group i'm with blames the tolerance on my irish genes or on having two livers. It is just because i feel meditation has made it easier to manage a drunken state.

CFTraveler
27th June 2013, 02:46 PM
There is something that most of you (being young) haven't taken into consideration- the more you drink, the more your liver suffers (and loses its ability to metabolize), and the less capacity for 'getting drunk' you have. That's why hard-core alcoholics have to drink massive quantities to stay mellow, and end up dying from cirrhosis.

Libramoon
27th June 2013, 06:18 PM
-butterflywoman

Yeah that actually makes perfect sense, thanks ;)

-heliac

yeah thats what I was anticipating, that energy work would INCREASE my tolerance for alcohol. However what I think is that for me, from the very get go my chakra and energy body wasnt that healthy, so since I started doing energy work my energetic body has experienced an abrupt change, so I think it still may be "sensitive", but I suspect that over time as I get used to being energetically healthy then I should develop a higher tolerance to alcohol. (maybe)

eyeoneblack
28th June 2013, 12:51 PM
I commend all these entries (liked Heliac's). I mentioned somewhere else I'm German/Irish plus I had two careers, both of which required more or less drinking - just the nature of the beast.
But as I get older bedtime gets earlier - so I'm no good for parties. They seem to get under way about lights out for me. :)
A beer or two before meditation has never seemed to hurt. Be comfortable with yourself and you will tap (no pun intended) resources you may otherwise miss.
There are people not inclined to drink and good for them. Follow your own leadings is the best advise I can think of for young people. Here in America, like many issues of social justice, we're a mixed lot. But either way, be ever mindful!

DarkChylde
28th June 2013, 03:00 PM
Baileys Irish Cream - you put it on your lips , the pleasure of liquid gold gently soothes into the mouth , the exquisite feeling of pleasure gliding down slowly in , a gush of satisfaction and the yearning that only baileys abates starts fading away.
When they made the expression "hits just the spot" they obviously it's the one baileys hit.

CFTraveler
28th June 2013, 03:16 PM
It's how I discovered I had issues with dairy. 'Nuff said.

eyeoneblack
28th June 2013, 09:33 PM
Btw, I screwed up with my daughter when she hit high school. I told her I would much rather she used weed rather than alcohol. Which backfired and she never smoked - cause Dad said it was alright. :laughter:

Dreamweaver
29th June 2013, 08:03 AM
The more energy work I've done, the more my system is intolerant of anything addictive. Btw, alcohol is a solvant and it does damage to every organ. It wears down and wears out all tissues it touches and is circulated to through the blood. Even moderate drinking changes neurochemical and neuronal homeostasis, and eventually can lead to long-lasting changes in the brain, "high-jacking" the reward pathways and leading to increased tolerance, withdrawal symptoms and potentially physiological or psychological dependence (addiction). I have also thought my Spirit was not to happy with me for having more than two glasses of wine.

IA56
29th June 2013, 08:56 AM
I did stop drinking in 1989 and have not regretet at all, I wouldn´t have developed in right way at all if I have continued use of alcohol, I wouldn´t discoverd my talentes at all because it is so consuming to use alcohol. But as we all know it is a free choice what to do, do drink or not to drink....:-)

Love
ia

ButterflyWoman
29th June 2013, 09:13 AM
And there's always the choice: drink only in careful moderation. ;)