PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue

Artimus
22nd June 2006, 02:17 AM
Does anyone else notice that when you're exhausted, dream recall just isn't the same as when well rested? I just started a job that requires me to work 12 hour shifts 3 and 4 days a week. During this time my dream recall ability is lacking. It's starting to bother me.

TonyC
22nd June 2006, 09:20 PM
Ive noticed this as well I just got a job to where im working 40 more hours a week and my dream recall isnt as good as it usually is I might recall 1 or 2 dreams a week now, but they are increasing more and more as my schedule becomes stable so does my dream recall. When I first started the job I didnt have dreams for 2 weeks and now in my third week ive had 3 dreams this week. Thats not alot compared to my usually 3-8 a night I used to have but they are increasing again.

me
22nd June 2006, 10:01 PM
i've noticed this, i was hoping to spend the summer working towards my first proper obe, but instead my head is engrossed in my work. and because i work from home it feels as if there is no escape. i just can't seem to relax, dream recall, or even get my energybody very active at all :'-(

Artimus
23rd June 2006, 12:27 AM
Working spiritual development into a working class life is not easy. You just have to make the time I suppose. Cut back on the social life if you have one.

enoch
23rd June 2006, 01:32 PM
I suppose your bioclock is suffering a little; been a bit disrupted by your work patterns. I did a stint of 3 months on permanent nights and it messed me up something rotten. Truth is, our bodies are only fit for work while the sun shines, despite what the capitalists try to convince you of. It seems that a lot of people spend their lives half asleep due to damage to their biorhythmns and don't even realise it.

I think it will take time for your body and mind to adjust. You may be experiencing more slow wave sleep due to your change in activities.

What you need to do to increase REM and to counteract the negative effect that this change is having, is you need to learn a new skill a few hours before retiring to bed. be it learning a musical instrument or computer game. The reason for this is because it has been noticed that rem increases when new tasks are learnt...the neurons fire more at night due to it processing this new information that you're feeding it. Don't read before bed though because it will only further increase slow wave!! :wink:

Failing that...try a cheese and lettuce sandwich before bed...works wonders for me :P