PDA

View Full Version : auto log-off

eyeoneblack
9th July 2013, 04:30 PM
Is there some way to turn the auto log-off OFF during a session in which I do not leave the site, but may spend too much time 'gathering my thoughts' and have to log again. I remember to 'save' my replies before I punch 'submit' and I'm aware there is an auto-save program going on which is ok, I guess.

But, while I'm composing a reply and typing intermittently I wish the program would understand that I'm still here and would not log me off.

Thanks

CFTraveler
9th July 2013, 04:39 PM
It's not supposed to do that- try deleting board cookies. And check your computer settings, sometimes updates cause all the cookies to auto-delete after so many uses, regardless of how you had yours set up.

ButterflyWoman
9th July 2013, 04:45 PM
As CFT suggested, clearing cookies will probably fix it if it's something that's only just started happening. Then, next time you log in, tick the box to "Keep Me Logged In" (once you've deleted the cookies) and that should do the trick. I never log in any more, because I'm never logged off (not that I'm always here on the site, but the cookie is persistent).

eyeoneblack
9th July 2013, 04:47 PM
Ok!!

Thank you...

Tutor
9th July 2013, 06:17 PM
yep, up there where ya log in, check in the box.

eyeoneblack
9th July 2013, 07:11 PM
What a quick fix :).

Sometimes I'm a real idiot Ho Ho.

Tutor
9th July 2013, 08:57 PM
don't feel bad, took me forever to realize the same thing. idioto aint a bad thang, it's just really bothersome. ;)