PDA

View Full Version : Something that came to my mind about BWG

Vilkate
23rd June 2006, 07:17 AM
So...

As far as I know the bwg presets and binaural beats as such are to be listened with headphones, using the left bud for the left ear, and the right - for the right one.

But consider this - if a person is left handed , then it means his brain hemispheres are mirrored - the left one works as the right one, and the right - as the left.

Shouldn't then the left handed people listen binaural music with the right headphone bud in their left ear and the left - in their right to make sure the presets function properly?

Love-

Laura

CFTraveler
23rd June 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm ambidexterous and they work fine the regular way. However, this is an excellent question.
I have one more: If the purpose of binaural beats is entrainment, wouldn't the sides be not so important? Or is there another component to the beats, such as hitting the correct side of the amygdala to stimulate relaxation?
And, if this is so, do left handed people have all that reversed, or is dominance unrelated to bilateral symmetry?
Any experts on any of these topics?

And, Vilkate wrote:
But consider this - if a person is left handed , then it means his brain hemispheres are mirrored - the left one works as the right one, and the right - as the left. Is this a fact?

Chris
23rd June 2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Vilkate,

Binaural Beats should work regardless of which way around the head phones are used. Tones of slightly different frequencies are played in each ear, and the difference between those tones is what creates the beat. I can’t see why it would matter which tone is played in which ear :).
Something interesting I did learn recently is that one ear can hear higher frequency noises better, and the other ear can hear lower frequency (bass) noises better – which is why headphones usually have L/R marked – but this shouldn't effect BBs :).

Vilkate
23rd June 2006, 10:24 PM
And, Vilkate wrote:
Quote:
But consider this - if a person is left handed , then it means his brain hemispheres are mirrored - the left one works as the right one, and the right - as the left.
Is this a fact?

Well, there have been done numerous researches on this - you can find all about it through google. However, who knows, how much we can trust these researches.

I just got quite interested in this quiestion as I'm left handed myself, so I find pleasure in discovering more differencies that seperate me from the right-handed. Minorities rule. :P However, it seems that I might have been wrong this time after all.

monkbiker
17th July 2006, 08:43 PM
I've been using the CD's from this site:

http://www.centerpointe.com/ for about 6 months now. They take you down through the various meditational brain-wave states.

The purpose of Centerpointe's program is to bring you to a "stress point" where your brain reorganizes itself; it "escapes to a higher level" of neural organization.

Is anybody else here using Centerpointe?

Tom
17th July 2006, 09:03 PM
If I had it to do over again I would have used holosync up to "Awakening Level 1" and then stopped. Instead I just kept getting more levels in an effort to bring back the initial strong gains. Even Flowering Level 4 did not hit me with the impact of Awakening Prologue.

There is a program by Transparent Corp called Neuro-Programmer 2 which you can use to make your own holosync-style CDs. It includes gamma and delta and lets you lower the carrier frequency. You can use a variety of nature sounds instead of being stuck with the same rain and singing bells for several years. It is what I wish I'd spent my money on instead of all those levels.

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/index.php

monkbiker
2nd August 2006, 10:56 PM
tom - Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

That's an interesting website, thanks for the link. I just got the next set of Centerpointe CD's and it's going to take me about a year and a half to work my way through them.

How much time did you spend at each level?

Did you ever try to project while listening to the CD's?

I just started a thread in the "Introduction" forum called "I'm A Newbie...sort of". I've been working at trying to have a projection for years now. YEARS.

No luck yet.