PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

Akashic_Librarian
25th June 2006, 07:52 AM
I am trying to see if there is a correlation between OBE's occuring, the persons belief system, age and current health.

So if as many people could answer these few questions I would be most grateful:

How long did it take you to OBE when you started training for one?

What religion are you, or what beliefs about reality do you hold?

How old where you when you first had an OBE (Not spontaneous and/or uncontrolled)?

What level of health did you have?

I would be most grateful for your responses :)

jalef
25th June 2006, 10:51 AM
i had my first consciously induced OBE after about 4 weeks of traing.

i am russian orthodox but i try have a purely experience based belief system.

i was 17 and was at good health and physical training level.

CFTraveler
25th June 2006, 09:23 PM
I am trying to see if there is a correlation between OBE's occuring, the persons belief system, age and current health.

So if as many people could answer these few questions I would be most grateful:

How long did it take you to OBE when you started training for one? I think it was 30 days (I have to go look at my MAP to verify that- it's been a while.)

What religion are you, or what beliefs about reality do you hold? I am a metaphysical christian- I believe that God creates my reality through my beliefs.

How old where you when you first had an OBE (Not spontaneous and/or uncontrolled)? Don't understand the question: Have been projecting spontaneously since 7 or 8, + or -, but the first time I tried on purpose was in my late 30's. And it worked about after 2 weeks of trying, after reading "Leaving the Body, by Scott Rogo.

What level of health did you have? It has varied, but generally healthy.

I would be most grateful for your responses :) No, Thank You. :lol: .

25th June 2006, 10:08 PM
I had an OBE in the RTZ the first time I tried, but only got out for a few seconds before I slammed back in out of fear. But, once I started training, it's really difficult to say as I very soon had experiences of arms, legs, etc. lifting out, but not entire body. So, it depends on what your definition of OBE is... And, there are numerous times when I know I got out, but couldn't completely remember it (my download sucks). Full, complete OBE with going through walls, etc. and full memory was just a month or two ago. I forget when, I deleted my "log" when I tried to move it to another forum. :(

No religion. Well, that's not true. I made up a new religion last week. The Wishy Washy Religion. :P Only perrmanent, solid beliefs are that we are God experiencing, and the only real energy (non illusion) is love.

First OBE in RTZ...50 years old. I know, slow starter. :lol: First "phasing" OBE...maybe 45?

Level of health...sucks! It's very obvious to me that health has nothing to do with it. Except physical death, the last great OBE. :wink:

Is this another test? Do we get graded or OBE points? :lol: Is there a prize? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-038.gif

kiwibonga
25th June 2006, 10:32 PM
How long did it take you to OBE when you started training for one?
I practiced for about 2 months without any results and got discouraged when I was 14 years old. 7 years later, my interest was renewed and I practiced for 3 weeks before it finally happened. (So... around 3 months overall?)

What religion are you, or what beliefs about reality do you hold?
I'm a Robert Monroe-ist :)

How old where you when you first had an OBE (Not spontaneous and/or uncontrolled)?
21. (Note: I haven't had a wake induced OBE yet, but my "spontaneous" experiences did not happen unintentionally)

What level of health did you have?
A healthy (though quite skinny) body despites the unhealthy lifestyle...