PDA

View Full Version : Fear of OBE

Crystalcave13
25th August 2013, 01:49 AM
I am currently 25 almost 26 years old, and I first started experiencing sleep paralysis when I was in high school, in 11th grade, but didn't know what it was at the time.

At that time, it would happen when I would stay up late and be completely exhausted (staying up and studying for finals haha). I would feel the vibrations throughout my head, and hear the undeniable shrieking sounds/children yelling/weird sounds. At the time when it would happen, I had no idea what was happening, so I would either wake up then scared/worried, or a few minutes afterwards.

I had these experiences for a little while (randomly however), and then there would be times where I once again have sleep paralysis, and during my sleep paralysis, it would feel like my body was on the other side of the bed, or my foot was on the opposite side of the bed. This must have been my expanded energy body/projectable double moving around.

Anyways, I then started researching and started looking into sleep paralysis as to ease my worries. What I then ended up doing, was turning my sleep paralysis experiences into OBE's, which was pretty insane. I wouldn't get very far, I would make it into my living room which happened once, or simply up to my door.
HOWEVER, one night, I had an experience where I had an OBE, and no matter how many times I tried to get back in my body, I couldn't. My mind was freaking out, I was getting very scared, and thought that I was going to die for a while, I couldn't stop freaking out.

Since that experience, I still had sleep paralysis after that, but not as pronounced in the past few years (although it still does happen now). My question/main concern is, is how do I get over the fear of leaving my body after such a traumatic experience? I feel like even when I meditate and I start feeling disconnected/not feeling my body, I kind of get scared/excited, and it ruins the experience. I feel like there are fears in my higher self about leaving my body since that experience, and need some true help as to how to overcome those fears.

Whoever has a lot of experience with this issue, please write back, and let me know.

Thank you.

CFTraveler
25th August 2013, 02:25 AM
HOWEVER, one night, I had an experience where I had an OBE, and no matter how many times I tried to get back in my body, I couldn't. My mind was freaking out, I was getting very scared, and thought that I was going to die for a while, I couldn't stop freaking out. Robert has a theory about this, and that it is that scary experiences like this make you remember the projections, that would otherwise be lost in sleep, which is what happens most of the time when you sleep- you project, fall asleep, and completely forget your experiences until you have the horrific experience of not being able to reintegrate, having a panic situation, and then finally reintegrating when you're woken up, either by an alarm, or other environmental cause- showing you, that no matter how disconnected you may feel from your physical body, you will eventually reintegrate when your physical body wakes up enough to allow memory reintegration.
I don't know if this helps you get over this fear, which is visceral-know that it happens to everyone eventually, especially when the physical body goes to sleep so deeply that memories are difficult to integrate- what you can do is go out again and have a good time, and come back, because eventually you will wake up, to pee, or simply in that natural fourth hour in between cycles, when you then will be able to reupload.
Another thing that may make you feel better is to know that the more experiences you have, the more likely you are to bilocate, when it'll become obvious that no matter how "far" you go, you don't really "go" anywhere, your energy reflects to where you go, but you're also in your body, safe and whatnot. This will happen eventually with experience, when your brain gets over preconceived notions of locality and in a way, it'll take some of the 'magic' away, but I won't get too far ahead for you.
So, no worries, you're safe.