PDA

View Full Version : Using hypnosis to get rid of entities

Gemma
5th July 2005, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone here has used hypnosis (either self-induced or a trained therapist) to rid themselves of attachments/entities? If so, I'd like to hear some feedback, or at least, opinions.

5th July 2005, 11:35 PM
I don't know, I thought Robert said in his book that hypnosis ran the risk of an entity taking full fledged possession.

Tom
5th July 2005, 11:39 PM
It sounds like it would be useful as a tool for finding and removing core images. I still don't have a clear idea how to find and remove core images.

Gemma
6th July 2005, 02:35 AM
Well, the reason why I'm asking is because the book Freeing The Captives was recommended to me, and I read it. Basically it's about removing entities by using hypnosis... at least to my understanding.

I don't know, I thought Robert said in his book that hypnosis ran the risk of an entity taking full fledged possession.

Where did he say that? In PPSD? I don't recall him saying that in PPSD, but will have to read it again.

Tom, removing core images is easy enough to do, I did it the other day. What do you find difficult about removing them?

Tom
6th July 2005, 04:06 AM
Let's say I want to find and remove some core images. I don't know how to find my core images. It is a nice enough idea, but I just say to myself "Okay. I want my core images to come to the surface now." It is a long wait.

Gemma
6th July 2005, 05:08 AM
Well the method I use, (and it's explained in one of Robert's books if I recall correctly), is that I recall a disturbing or upsetting memory, hold the image of it in my mind, and shrink it to a smaller size. Then I use my awareness hands to turn it over, and see what's on the other side of the image. I deal with whatever I find on the other side of the image by burning it away. But you can deal with it in whatever way you are familiar with, such as cutting, burning or whatever.

Anyway that's how I do it. I don't know if everyone uses the same method or not.

Hope that helps.

6th July 2005, 09:51 AM
It is in PPSD but I can't remember where. When I get home from work tonight, I can look further to find out.

Gemma
6th July 2005, 11:47 AM
Yep, I think it's in there too, but I can't find the book right now. But it's really easy to remove core images, well, at least it is easy for me. :)

But I've gotten interested in how hypnosis can help with entity removal... seems it works through the therapist, and a channeler (person who is being hypnotised can channel if they wish but sometimes a separate channeler is used).

mick
6th July 2005, 02:06 PM
Let's say I want to find and remove some core images. I don't know how to find my core images. It is a nice enough idea, but I just say to myself "Okay. I want my core images to come to the surface now." It is a long wait.
A question, what makes you think you have these core images?

Tom
6th July 2005, 05:04 PM
It just seemed from the way that the core images were described that everyone would have a few of them. The trouble is that I don't really know how to find mine. It seems easier to believe that I am not looking correctly than to believe that I don't have any. Even thinking of them as disturbing or upsetting memories doesn't help clarify this.

7th July 2005, 05:27 AM
Well, there are many types of hypnosis and styles and ways of going about it. I have talked to people who's methods are completely different than others. I do believe that hypnosis is an external way to get into states of mind IOW alpha, beta, and theta state. There is also a rare delta state which only some of the stronger of hypnotists claim to be able to get people into.

So, in my opinion you should avoid this unless someone proves thier valor in terms of hypnotism. There are a lot of fakes out there and at the same time a lot of powerfull and truly helpfull ones out there that can definitely help you with a lot of things.

Tom
7th July 2005, 06:18 AM
What I recall reading, and it has been a while since reading PPSD, is that negs attach themselves to core images. If you can use hypnosis to get rid of a core image that the neg is sticking to then that should lead to a direct confrontation with the actual neg. Theta would be the range to work with, particularly because of its value for imagery and heightened possibility for change. The problem which comes to mind is that a neg might be inclined to make a few suggestions as well. They can even implant their own core images to attach to. The Silva Method sounds better to me. The purpose is not only to "go to level" at alpha initially and then theta. It is mainly to bring along enough conscious awareness to be able to function and make decisions after reaching those states and while still in them. It is probably also how I can go through and check for my core images. I was just hoping that someone else might have an easier technique.

7th July 2005, 10:47 AM
What I recall reading, and it has been a while since reading PPSD, is that negs attach themselves to core images. If you can use hypnosis to get rid of a core image that the neg is sticking to then that should lead to a direct confrontation with the actual neg. Theta would be the range to work with, particularly because of its value for imagery and heightened possibility for change. The problem which comes to mind is that a neg might be inclined to make a few suggestions as well. They can even implant their own core images to attach to. The Silva Method sounds better to me. The purpose is not only to "go to level" at alpha initially and then theta. It is mainly to bring along enough conscious awareness to be able to function and make decisions after reaching those states and while still in them. It is probably also how I can go through and check for my core images. I was just hoping that someone else might have an easier technique.

It's called have someone else do it for you :)

Self healing is rarely the best option if you are dealing with an entity actually getting into your head.

This might be of interest: http://www.gatesofmysticism.net/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=354 (http://www.gatesofmysticism.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=354)

Tom
7th July 2005, 04:01 PM
Robert Bruce definitely said that finding and removing core images is a good way to prevent neg attachments in the future. My interest is not about negs so much as that core images sound like they are not healthy things to have around. They sound like a type of injury in the mind which would lead to a loss of energy even if it never becomes infected with a neg.

Gemma
7th July 2005, 06:09 PM
Back on topic, has anyone here actually read Freeing The Captives?

McArthur
7th July 2005, 11:23 PM
I've read some of it from a link:

http://infinity.hispeed.com/Heart.Of.Go ... /index.htm (http://infinity.hispeed.com/Heart.Of.God/LouiseIrelandFrey/index.htm)

As I've not read it all I'm still unsure of what to make of it. I certainly don't think its a method for amateurs, especially with there being channelling going on. The thought occured to me, what happens if the entity being chanelled refuses to leave the person it is being done through?

I've read a few sources that suggest people might be more susceptible to entity attachment during periods of 'unconsciousness', with hypnotism being one example, or anaesthetic while having surgery or certain strong drugs etc. One theory goes that periods of 'unconsciousness' create a gap or hole in ones aura/mind and because nature abhors a vacuum something will come to fill that gap i.e. a neg.

8th July 2005, 11:51 AM
I've read a few sources that suggest people might be more susceptible to entity attachment during periods of 'unconsciousness', with hypnotism being one example, or anaesthetic while having surgery or certain strong drugs etc. One theory goes that periods of 'unconsciousness' create a gap or hole in ones aura/mind and because nature abhors a vacuum something will come to fill that gap i.e. a neg.

Yes, and that sounds close to what I remember from Robert's book. I wish I could find Robert's book but I am getting ready to leave on Holiday with my family. I'll be gone for about a week and will not have net access.
I'm packing and cleaning at the moment and just can't search at the moment.

I mainly remember Robert saying that a good way to get rid of negs is by being removed from the body.

Tom
8th July 2005, 02:06 PM
I know where my copy of "Practical Psychic Self Defense" is.

Self-hypnosis is not in the index. Hypnosis is:
hypnosis possession test, 303
hypnotic broadcasts, 111, 114, 296

I don't really see much that applies. The closest thing is that on page 302 there starts a description of using hypnosis to evaluate whether a child is possessed. Robert Bruce suggests only using it to determine if there is a possession and does not suggest trying to get rid of the Neg at that time. The next step is to get help.

mick
8th July 2005, 05:11 PM
My interest is not about negs so much as that core images sound like they are not healthy things to have around. They sound like a type of injury in the mind which would lead to a loss of energy even if it never becomes infected with a neg.
The way I view this concept is that some personal experiences provide a signature that can be nagged at and provide a signature to be used as connectivity points. In the general sense ensuring that no undue baggage is associated with some experiences is probably good and provides a lucrative living for many a therapist :) But for me this is just one method that might be used to achieve an anchor point as injuries or simply an entity nagging away at one point can do the same. The advantage of where the signature is of some personal experience or memory which is being exploited is that individuals may on their own behalf be able to address them in a fairly simple manner. But perhaps one personal method that some find useful for removing attachments is the brushing method whereby the person moves their hand in a sweeping motion about themselves sensing for 'resistance' of something attached to a signature and then sweeping it out. Maybe even if one has not developed sufficient awareness for such sensing then a regular sweeping could still be useful as per the recent account by Dark.

My thoughts are though that these methods of attachment are perhaps used by lower level entities of a more parasitic nature whereas more able entities bring other methods and skills.

As to the hypnosis idea I am not comfortable fiddling with the mind especially where the bona fides of the practitioner have to be taken on faith but the same could probably be said for contact and other types of psychic healing. However I saw a TV programme earlier in the week where someone with Tourettes syndrome was helped greatly by hypnosis so...

Gemma
10th July 2005, 05:10 AM
As to the hypnosis idea I am not comfortable fiddling with the mind especially where the bona fides of the practitioner have to be taken on faith but the same could probably be said for contact and other types of psychic healing. However I saw a TV programme earlier in the week where someone with Tourettes syndrome was helped greatly by hypnosis so...

I apologise if I've misinterpreted you here but it sounds like a trust issue to me... I mean, hypothetically, if you do trust a doctor to take care of your medical needs, or a spiritual healer to help you when you need it, then I wouldn't say it's very different from trusting a hypnotherapist to do what they do properly. That's just my opinion though.

mick
10th July 2005, 10:16 AM
I apologise if I've misinterpreted you here but it sounds like a trust issue to me... I mean, hypothetically, if you do trust a doctor to take care of your medical needs, or a spiritual healer to help you when you need it, then I wouldn't say it's very different from trusting a hypnotherapist to do what they do properly. That's just my opinion though.
No, not trust although that might come into it.
Edit: To clarify I do not exclude healing etc from the same considerations. /Edit.
It is the methodologies involved and conflicting accounts of what and how they work. False memory syndrome is one example of possible concerns about usage. I know psychologists and know of the useful work that they do sometimes employing hypnotism, it is some of the more diverse applications and claims for such that I think needs careful consideration before commitment.
If entities involved in exploitive activities are able to exploit the hypnotic sessions such that their pesence becomes more acceptable to the patient then the patient will report feeling better when in fact their natural defences may have been subdued. Without knowing all the processes and what interactions might be possible when the subject is in a very suggestable state has for me some open concerns.
My concerns may be groundless but I think the concerns should be tabled.

Regarding trust, sometimes there is too much trust :( The article below disputes this eminent doctor and his theory for Munchausen’s syndrome by proxy, a syndrome that has resulted in thousands of children being permanently removed from their parents. The same doctor and his dodgy stats have sent many parents to jail following an infant mortality death. Trust no one :)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 61,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2088-1669261,00.html)
In passing here is another article re. therapy.
http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/0000000CABF8.htm

Ides
11th July 2005, 07:53 PM
All the advice about knowing your practitioner is INCREDIDABLY valid. There are several people I know (myself included) that suffered at the hands of people with a strong knowledge of hypnosis and bad goals. It gives access to a portion of you that is very hard to monitor, and it is much harder to revoke access than to not allow it.

Bringing the neg to the surface of someone under hypnosis is possible, but unless you had a really expereinced person(s) to monitor and deal with the situation it does not seem like a good idea. The conscious is set aside, and allows easier control to the neg.

Working on a good medatative state can allow you to confront the neg where you have more control, and can probably be achieved in the same amount of time as getting competent at self hypnosis, with more benefits for future growth.

15th July 2005, 04:58 PM
Tom, try using the flamethrower and burning ANYTHING. Even burn an image of yourself, if you are mad at yourself for not being able to find any core images. Get a flow. Free associate from image to image, subject to subject until you come upon one that you are afraid of or angry at.

Ides
16th July 2005, 01:44 AM
Exprience has taught me that if you are your own obstacle, attackiing that portion of your self is not going to be productive in the long run.

If there is some portion of yourself that is blocking you then you need to analyze that, and it (in all cases i have seen) needs some TLC to heal it and have it intentionally step aside as a road block.

My 2 cents

Wells
17th July 2005, 02:21 PM
Robert puts quite a lot of emphasis on core images. The mind and body are very strongly linked, and he suggests that *all* neg attachments have their roots in core images. So I would certainly recommend you pick up PPSD and have a good read of the techniques there.

As for hypnosis, I don't really know. Although there has been an interesting series on TV in the UK with Paul Mckenna, where he induces the trance state in people and does all sorts of imagination-based stuff. He seems to be able to significantly reduce phobias and other problems. But whether this is actually doing any good, who knows.

18th July 2005, 03:45 PM
To remove core images, just figure out what is bothering you, whether it be right on the surface or an old, half-forgotten issue, and see an image representing it. Then execute the process.

Tom
18th July 2005, 03:55 PM
Even if nothing specific is bothering me, it is still a good idea to find these things and remove them now. It isn't just that Negs have a tendency to use core images to latch onto. If you are also following the threads on Kundalini, then you know that the core images are activated also by the vast increase of power that Kundalini brings.

Gemma
20th July 2005, 12:17 AM
No, not trust although that might come into it.
Edit: To clarify I do not exclude healing etc from the same considerations. /Edit.
It is the methodologies involved and conflicting accounts of what and how they work. False memory syndrome is one example of possible concerns about usage. I know psychologists and know of the useful work that they do sometimes employing hypnotism, it is some of the more diverse applications and claims for such that I think needs careful consideration before commitment.
If entities involved in exploitive activities are able to exploit the hypnotic sessions such that their pesence becomes more acceptable to the patient then the patient will report feeling better when in fact their natural defences may have been subdued. Without knowing all the processes and what interactions might be possible when the subject is in a very suggestable state has for me some open concerns.
My concerns may be groundless but I think the concerns should be tabled.

Regarding trust, sometimes there is too much trust :( The article below disputes this eminent doctor and his theory for Munchausen’s syndrome by proxy, a syndrome that has resulted in thousands of children being permanently removed from their parents. The same doctor and his dodgy stats have sent many parents to jail following an infant mortality death. Trust no one :)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 61,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2088-1669261,00.html)
In passing here is another article re. therapy.
http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/0000000CABF8.htm

I just wanted to mention that somewhere in Freeing The Captives, the subject of false meories is covered to a degree (if I remember correctly, lol). I think it mentions that it can be caused by the invading entity itself, where the person remembers the entity's memories, although I would have to read the book again to be sure of my facts.

I understand your concerns, I mean, I would be concerned myself, but on the other hand, I think it's a possible additional method worth thinking about as well as the usual methods used for getting rid of negs etc.

I agree that far too many people place too much trust, and don't question doctors enough. I never allow any doctor of any kind to do anything to me until I've interrogated them about why/what they want to do whatever they want to do to me. Unfortunately there will always be bad eggs in pretty much any field, but imo that doesn't mean that no-one can be trusted. ;)

Ugh I think I have to get some sleep, it's really late and I'm tired.

mick
20th July 2005, 05:49 PM
I just wanted to mention that somewhere in Freeing The Captives, the subject of false meories is covered to a degree (if I remember correctly, lol). I think it mentions that it can be caused by the invading entity itself, where the person remembers the entity's memories, although I would have to read the book again to be sure of my facts.
There is a school of thought that such a mechanism accounts for any number of memory based phenomena. Past lives being one where the person is able to recall via a linked entities experiences. Alternately the creation of false memories by hypnosis is somewhat documented, a psychologist tells me that when a patient recounts an episode under hypnosis that he himself would not assume it was true but will use it as a metaphor for the purpose of treatment. Recent studies by a UK body suggests that a fairly low percentage of recalled memories are possibly true, sorting which are so is the clever bit. Co-incidently perhaps, military remote viewing analysis reported that a low percentage number maybe like 20% (I should check this number first :) ) were usable and it required extensive corroboration to sort out which viewings were within this category.
Making Monsters: false memories, psychotherapy and sexual hysteria. Richard Ofshe and Ethan Watters can make for some interesting reading.

I understand your concerns, I mean, I would be concerned myself, but on the other hand, I think it's a possible additional method worth thinking about as well as the usual methods used for getting rid of negs etc.
It may do and if the example I gave is anything to go by there looks to be diverse opportunities here. I listed my concerns in the context of the thread and what might be in the pot when making some sort of evaluation.

, but imo that doesn't mean that no-one can be trusted. ;)

And not proposed by me either. :)

DAN
22nd July 2005, 06:26 PM
Gemma wrote.

I just wanted to mention that somewhere in Freeing the captives,
the subject of false memories is covered to a degree. I think it mentions
that it can be caused by the invading entity itself, where the person remebers the entity's memories.

At times my entitie is attacking at night when i'm tired. I see
goemetric symbols. Could this mean i'm getting in the mind of the
entity?

Great discussion Dan

Gemma
20th August 2005, 10:23 AM
At times my entitie is attacking at night when i'm tired. I see
goemetric symbols. Could this mean i'm getting in the mind of the
entity?

Great discussion Dan

Erm I would think it's the other way around actually. But I can't really say because I'm no expert at all.

Amur
20th August 2005, 11:58 AM
Has anyone noticed that speaking about negs tend to create a neg in itself? ;)

I've read some of it from a link:

http://infinity.hispeed.com/Heart.Of.Go ... /index.htm (http://infinity.hispeed.com/Heart.Of.God/LouiseIrelandFrey/index.htm)

As I've not read it all I'm still unsure of what to make of it. I certainly don't think its a method for amateurs, especially with there being channelling going on. The thought occured to me, what happens if the entity being chanelled refuses to leave the person it is being done through?

I find that this fear of hypnotism is as ludicrous as the devil snatching your mind when meditating as some christians believe and creating gap in ones aura/mind when being in a deep state is as good as speaking that the earth is flat(from the surface it might look that way:) ).

The aura might well be a product of the biophotonic fields, which means that the aura is ON all the time until we die, and even a little bit after we die. When switching into a deeper mode of consciousness, we are still we. Actually we are usually much more than we are when in a conscious state as the subconsciousness/unconsciousness has access to all memories, all feelings, every piece of knowledge that you have ever experienced. This makes it more a '4 dimensional' being than what we are consciously.

After all the greatest negs seems to be the chains of ones own beliefs.

20th August 2005, 06:10 PM

No, they aren't...and if you believe that you have a lot to learn.

You can start here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=303 and here http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=696

And a final word by some more experienced healers here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=488

Amur
20th August 2005, 07:58 PM

No, they aren't...and if you believe that you have a lot to learn.

You can start here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=303 and here http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=696

And a final word by some more experienced healers here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=488

We are speaking about 2 different subjects here. After a long while being affected myself, feeling about other people and their issues etc. I've come to the conclusion that most of the negs truly are their own issues reflected into the astral. However I do not categorize every experience one has with a neg into this category as there are spirits which are far more evolved than the average zombie-neg.

After all I walked in the city being attacked by almost every human being coming towards me for over a year. It was demons kicking and screaming at me from other people, people sending insults and other weird attacks. Still most of them seem to be issues of their own. I can still notice this occasionally but fortunately I've been able to mask my own aura to the extent that it doesn't shine out from the crowd. Damaging ones body with poison seems to create a neg in itself that affects the mind(and body of course).

With the sentance "...chains of ones own beliefs" I meant particularly fears that have been created by ones own inappropriate belief system. This is common especially in fanatic religious groups.

.nNn.

20th August 2005, 09:32 PM
We are speaking about 2 different subjects here. After a long while being affected myself, feeling about other people and their issues etc. I've come to the conclusion that most of the negs truly are their own issues reflected into the astral. However I do not categorize every experience one has with a neg into this category as there are spirits which are far more evolved than the average zombie-neg.

I understand and thank you for your candor...

Gemma
23rd August 2005, 06:47 AM
Has anyone noticed that speaking about negs tend to create a neg in itself? Wink

Generally, I don't agree with that, but can understand why it would appear that way.

I find that this fear of hypnotism is as ludicrous as the devil snatching your mind when meditating as some christians believe and creating gap in ones aura/mind when being in a deep state is as good as speaking that the earth is flat(from the surface it might look that way:) ).

While I can't/won't speak for the others, I have no fear of hypotism, in fact I'm willing to try it (I'm willing to try just about anything to get rid of nasties, since it's starting to ruin my life and that's the last thing I want).

But I agree with Amur's (quoted) observation, I do feel that there's a lot of mistrust or fear around the subject of depossesion via hypnotism (unless I've got it wrong).

Amur
23rd August 2005, 03:15 PM
A fact of the subconsciousness is that it has crystal clear awareness of all input sensory information, as well as a crystal clear awareness of all the memories one has gone through, the feelings, the emotions of that place etc. Well as a matter of fact it has got a crystal clear awareness of every input/output information that has ever occurred in this physical life.

DAN
23rd August 2005, 04:08 PM
If you have a neg. it is already working at that level. Negs. work
at a subliminal level. But they still can't get you to do something against
your beliefs. If a neg makes a mistake or if you come up with a new
countermeasure, it will go in at the subliminal level and fix the problem.
It work's on your end as doubt!

Dan

mick
24th August 2005, 10:55 AM
But I agree with Amur's (quoted) observation, I do feel that there's a lot of mistrust or fear around the subject of depossesion via hypnotism (unless I've got it wrong).
I don't know about mistrust or fear, this topic I think has been quite objective. The book that you mention has some good reviews, for example http://www.bomi.info/shop/ae.pl?asinsearch=1571741364, the focus itself seems to be dealing with earthbound type entities, fragmentation and past life grief, is this your reading? From that page it can be seen that several psychologists are recognising this phenomenon which is interesting in itself. I think mainstream psychology is still with the idea that what might be found in hypnosis is often used simply as a metaphor.
Another somewhat related veiwpont that I found of interest can be found at http://www.quranichealing.com/bpi.asp?caid=61&cid=138