PDA

View Full Version : COPY: Problem with ADHD

superbeast
27th August 2013, 02:45 PM
I have ADHD and have been trying to learn to Astral Project but because of my ADHD it is really difficult to concentrate enough on doing it. I have also been practicing meditation for along time but it's always a struggle to maintain the required amount of focus. Is it hopeless for me or is there anything that I can do to help myself get over this hurdle? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Tutor
27th August 2013, 04:16 PM
[the following are non-professional, though experiential opinions of participant/volunteer within the therapuetic setting for some 21 years now]

who had ADHD before ADHD became a diagnostic term? labels applied within the societall apparatus also imply hurdles with which to overcome, this to meet the apparatus socially. o'kay, so ya have an issue to overcome. come over with the issue at hand, with no thought as to having to rid your self of the issue before you may being over it, come. for in those thoughts lies the struggle, and in the struggling thoughts constructing the obstructing structure, the thoughted cage tight all around.

positive affirmations. one must suppose that our greatest human contributions through history had come, and are coming, through just such as what society deems as diagnostically issuable toward the misunderstood. all of them underachievers within society's ways, but, fruitful when they applied themselves of self-understanding hearts in thier gifted minds. Henry Ford, Einstein, Bill Gates, and i feel so wrong because i cannot recall any female applicables in this moment.

increased discipline and meds have thus far been the accepted antidote for many such diagnoses. i know because a friend has two sons whom carry such as is ADHD upon their backs, and worse, within the blame and guilt conspiring against themselves in the hearts and minds. odd thing is, that when these two boys are in their bliss, the issuable complaintant is absent. it seems that the issue reveals to whatever level when indeed that which issued calls upon them to provide in furtherance of what they are not.

i've seen the same working within autism children, the apparatus of social reckoning would have them practiced like mocking bird to provide that which they are not, that they might appear acceptable in the societal eye. this may also be seen of the parental view, which in and of itself, oft feels embarrased and put off by social standards always meeting them and their's wherever they may go together where social would gather, like the grocery store, or the school, on a bus, anywhere where normal's misunderstanding's dwell in gatherance of ignorance.

self acceptance. if when it is you whom are issued such, then it is to you to also understand you. for the world is busy mis-understanding, is running too fast to pause for understanding. thus, you must slow your pace to that which within is you and your personal capability to be as you cannot but be. living long enough with such a diagnosis, one ventually realizes that it doesnt matter what others imagine to think, based upon inane reasonings that have not walked in your shoes or any like shoes. one must not allow ignorance to rule their steps, if indeed every step they make is a diagnostic foul ball in a societal base ball game.

you and your CHALLENGE, as it is, are seemingly tasked beyond what "normal" is called to endure. however, look about, becuase "normal" is busy untasking their lives, within a world commanding exponential growth of human tasks at hand.

is like a forced pause is coming upon us all. in the meantime love you as you are, as you cannot but be. this task alone is the challenge, is the over in your coming. smile from deep within, understanding that which misunderstanding looks upon you as if to somehow be abled of ignorance to think to know the answer for you or anyone outside the arrogant criterium of "normalcy".

generationally, folks like yourself, diagnosed just so, will receive the world that would seem to belong now, to those greedily calling themselves "normal".

working with kids and young adults, that have all manner of diagnosed disabling handicaps (as per society), i have never failed to see, that each child is smart enough to learn how to best use those around them with the very "things" they ply against them. they learn how to play the misunderstanding mindsets themselves locked up in a label called "normal". most of em literally rule their households through such smartness.

so, not saying that you do this, but reckon for yourself, wherein you may be as the utility of "abnormal", be reckoning out upon the "normal". you see, there is a difference between an ailment and what is learned reflectively through that ailment imposed by others making demands beyond the ailment's abilities to meet. this sets up conflict, and the conflict has nothing to do with the ailment, at all.

the moment a child or young adult, having brought their mood in to the arena of therapy, is the same moment which therapy is over, even if the therapy has not even begun. this re-teaches the afflicted person, as they unlearn the conflict of "normal", and are freed within the actual ailment to be as they cannot but be. therapy becomes, although slowly simply because the parents and family members too, require retraining, it becomes a place wherein the obstacles are real, and in being real, may easily be over...come.

refuse enabling toward yourself, whether that be another enabling you, or yourself enabling you.

Astral Projection is not an easy aspiring project for anyone to take on, and perhaps the more "normal" one is, is also the harder for them to receive. allow no excuses for being youself as you are, having already come into, as you've been trying to learn. all's one can do is try, in that itself is the learning, learning through trial and error, a line of failures that reaching through are the success.

the whole dag gum forum/website (thanks to RB & Co.) is about freely handing help to anyone who comes. therefore, dont speak excusingly as if there is more to be specially given because you've an obstacle between yourself and your chosen goal. i reckon we've all got our own peculiar obstacles, that's the shared point of our looking deeper than the mainstream's reach from "normal".

ya see, it is merely within your self-dialogue that the obstacle is "real". there aint no cheat codes, no ply-ables for short-cutting, nothing but you challenging you to be real.

best of journey to you superbeast, or superbeauty as the case may be.

Tim

CFTraveler
27th August 2013, 08:40 PM
I have ADHD and have been trying to learn to Astral Project but because of my ADHD it is really difficult to concentrate enough on doing it. I have also been practicing meditation for along time but it's always a struggle to maintain the required amount of focus. Is it hopeless for me or is there anything that I can do to help myself get over this hurdle? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
Let me ask you, does ADHD keep you from being able to watch one full TV show? (one hour long)
There is a point to my question.

superbeast
27th August 2013, 11:14 PM
Let me ask you, does ADHD keep you from being able to watch one full TV show? (one hour long)
There is a point to my question.

There are times it does. It's not all the time but it does happen but even when I am watching something I like, I fidget and move around. I have that same problem when I am meditating. I have sever problems with micro muscle movements when I am trying to relax. These combined with the fact that my mind will throw random thoughts at me, and I have a hard time of as a lot of writings say acknowledging the thought then letting it go. The bad thing is the problems are consistent there are times I will have a session where there are no micro movements and sessions where there are no pestering thoughts then there are times I have both problems. This makes it really hard for me to get to where I can effectively learn to cancel out these problems. I know that it answers your initial question I just hope it gives you a clearer insight to my particular problems. I will say my ADHD is not any where near as bad from what I can tell when I was young. Because my mom started in weird ways teaching me to meditate. Like having to pick up rice with chopsticks and having to sit on the washer or drier without kicking it or moving. That is just a few of the weird exercises mom put me through now that I think of it that helped me to get to where I am with meditation.

Tutor
28th August 2013, 03:07 PM
let your choice be, to make the world happen...to make your own future...

Cool Change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKPkKo6238

When I found that I had lost my Self, I also had awakened to feeling no place for Me. When, of my Self, I was found within Me, I fell in love with this place that all along had been Me. When you find your Self, or as Me, are of Self found, let go of "it". "it ain't nothing but a thing", and Thou are no-thing, yet, every-thing redeemed...IS...You.

CFTraveler
28th August 2013, 07:05 PM
There are times it does. It's not all the time but it does happen but even when I am watching something I like, I fidget and move around. I have that same problem when I am meditating. I have sever problems with micro muscle movements when I am trying to relax. These combined with the fact that my mind will throw random thoughts at me, and I have a hard time of as a lot of writings say acknowledging the thought then letting it go. The bad thing is the problems are consistent there are times I will have a session where there are no micro movements and sessions where there are no pestering thoughts then there are times I have both problems. This makes it really hard for me to get to where I can effectively learn to cancel out these problems. You need to let go of the idea that you have to 'control' or 'suppress' your movement or thinking. I know this might go against everything you're read or learned from projection techniques, but everyone is different and I try to work with each person individually.
If you can afford it, I suggest you get yourself a set of guided-meditation CDs with binaural beats- Something like the MAP CD set or the JOOB CD set. If either is too expensive then try to get some from the internet- anything that has voice (for instructions) and binaurals (to help get you to delta or theta) should work fine, unless you have epilepsy. Then don't.
Then take the attitude that you're just going to listen to music, you don't have to 'learn' anything, or focus, or concentrate. Just relax and enjoy. If the word 'relax' stresses you out, then 'enjoy'. And see if you can just listen for approx. 45 mins. to an hour, following whatever instructions are given (they'll tell you to perform mental actions- these will give your mind something to do, so you don't have to feel that you can't 'think'). Then see what happens.
What you should not do is 'expect' for something specific to happen- just like watching a movie you've never seen before, you're just going to see what happens.

Dreamweaver
30th August 2013, 04:31 AM
Drink something caffinated. It will slow your cns system and allow you to focus.