PDA

View Full Version : Study reveals Music good for the Heart

Tutor
4th September 2013, 01:05 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10278977/Listening-to-music-is-good-for-the-heart.html

susan
4th September 2013, 08:33 PM
Yep, we know that meditation type music is good to relax and feel at peace, and we know that stress can cause high blood pressure which results in medical conditions.
After 2 weeks of family visit that included much love but concern , when I was back on my own I spent the most of Sunday doing house work with my I pad playing a lovely tune I downloaded, sounding throughout the house? This was ( to me gorgeous listening to water ripples or soft tones)
I cleaned toilets, bathroom, washed, hung stuff on the line, ironed, everything going fine till it was time to HOOVER.
Loud noise, immediately my thoughts went to problems in family, how could I help,what went wrong with my son's relationship, what can i do to help?
I'm at the last minute going to put a twist to this and say I needed a bit of both. Soft music kept me away from problems, loud noise brought me back to reality in this physical world to deal with problems I want to give help to.
Have I rambled on and gone off track. Sorry, Maybe living a physical life we need an equal balance for harmony.

susan
4th September 2013, 09:31 PM
I can see I have gone off track a little. I've gone on to the emotional side rather than the physical medical results from listening to music. Just wanted to say......

Tutor
5th September 2013, 02:02 AM
off track, nah. i reckon music touches our emotional life, it does for me. yeah, family visiting, lots of stress right there. 2 weeks, omg, i'd be a total wreck. i am of the opinion that no matter how we've raised our children that they end up unappreciatively focused on what we didnt do. my son will be 27 this november, and he seems to be still back there at 13 somewhere. that's half his lifetime ago. it was a rather painful transition to become uncaring of the continuous noise that he represents, however, on this side of it i feel free to (without pause) say to him, "frankly son, i don't give a damn". seems harsh, but i reckon ya have to care for yourself when those you've always cared for seem unable to give it back.

eyeoneblack
6th September 2013, 03:49 PM
Funny, I've only recently learned from my 34yr-old daughter that, when Teddy Rockspun was THE desirable gift for a youngster, I bought a knock-off (the shelves being empty and Christmas) and she NEVER forgot it or forgave me!
How silly, but, to her at the time, I failed as father.

But what can be more irritating than a vacuum? I hate to run it and don't, for the most part, because it just grates against my nerves. The world would be a better place if someone would invent a vacuum that sounds like music box :).