PDA

View Full Version : River of Enlightenment Forum's back up!

GMAN12
22nd September 2013, 08:37 AM
Like the title says it has been renewed as of today. This is to people who don't already know. If you aren't there yet go to Forums.Riverofenlightenment.com and join the discussion.

susan
28th September 2013, 09:34 PM
Seems to be off again.
" Server has reached his/ her band width limit. Please try again later."
Whatever that means .

PhoenixAndTheAbyss
29th September 2013, 03:08 AM
Seems to be off again.
" Server has reached his/ her band width limit. Please try again later."
Whatever that means .

Bandwidth refers to the throughput of a connection, or the maximum amount of information that can be transferred in a given moment through a digital communication system, simply in this case, the connection between the server hosting forums.riverofenlightenment.com and the computer accessing it.

Hosting providers apply bandwidth caps to limit the transfer of data over a period of time to prevent channels/connections(to the internet) that are shared by multiple users from becoming overloaded, like how I have a monthly quota for internet access, just on a much shorter time frame. Its stops a relatively popular website from gobbling up the available resources on a shared service.

susan
29th September 2013, 09:25 AM
I think I understand ( of the old school) .
So is that a well done to Aunt Clair for having such a popular site?
I do miss her postings on this site, she has amazing knowledge and experience.

CFTraveler
29th September 2013, 11:24 PM
She comes in every once in a while, but is usually very busy- is there more, obviously- that's why I check it out every once in a while.