PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly

CFTraveler
25th September 2013, 10:17 PM
The Fukushima earthquake moved the earth off its axis (a little, like ten inches) and now the latest one in Pakistan created a new island?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57604518/pakistan-earthquake-kills-more-than-200-creates-new-island-off-southwest-coast/

Tutor
26th September 2013, 12:02 AM
cool, and He's already moved the heavens.

ButterflyWoman
26th September 2013, 06:11 AM
In geological terms, this is all entirely normal. :)

PhoenixAndTheAbyss
26th September 2013, 11:17 AM
On a related note, I think i remember hearing something about the construction of large dams changing the earths rotation when the reservoir eventually fills.

DarkChylde
26th September 2013, 03:49 PM
i was picking up on something before this happening , particularly about the loss of life in calamity , only to be told by my mother , as we were at breakfast that starting a day on such a note is very ill-mannered , I was going to speak of what I saw.Then decided to shut up.

I can't watch t.v or read news , the sheer raw brutal grit of life is too unwholesome , I did wonder though , even If I did speak out on it before hand - what would have changed?

ButterflyWoman
27th September 2013, 04:39 AM
That has always been the case, though. Even if people do forsee or otherwise sense a tragedy like this about to happen, what can they do to stop it? The answer is always: nothing. :(