PDA

View Full Version : Background music

Ubadoz
16th October 2013, 06:56 PM
Hello everyone!

I love music, I listen to music 90% of my daytime though I realized while I'm clearing my mind I can't remove such background... is it a real problem or not?

Thanks for the help in advance.

GMAN12
16th October 2013, 07:08 PM
Try to listen only to the background music of the song instead of the lyrics. It will calm your mind because you are used to the sound waves and it makes you feel better. Try meditating with your favorite songs or playlists. You'll get the peace of mind.

Neil Templar
16th October 2013, 10:53 PM
To add to this, i'd suggest becoming aware of your "background" music upon first awakening in the morning.
Before you actually listen to any music, or watch any tv, if you have a song playing in your "internal jukebox", as i like to call it, first thing in the morning, you can be pretty sure it's your subconscious telling you something about what's happening internally.
At least that's what i believe is happening...
i try to pay attention to mine every day. I watch the video on youtube or wherever i can find it, and i listen to the lyrics, and every time, there's some kind of message or info relevant to something going on in my life at the time...

Give it a try and see what you come up with... :)

Tho, i would say, it might be good to try to allow yourself more silent time regularly... if you really want to hear your inner voice...

DarkChylde
17th October 2013, 10:52 AM
start off with tough rough love right away ,wean yourself with a hardened heart pure simple sweet un-adulterated white noise.

LOVE the dual effect initially you will to HATE IT , I MEAN ABSOLUTELY LOATHE IT when it goes on loop , I still had to stuff cotton balls in.

if sooner your expedite the acclimation of your auditory faculties to it , the sooner you'll realize it that your dorm-mates or flat-mates and noise polluters , parental units would start hating it with the grating intensity (i.e leave you be).

Ubadoz
17th October 2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

susan
17th October 2013, 10:03 PM
I drive around a lot in a car and have music quite loud. At the same time if I have something on my mind that I need to work out maybe from a previous nights experience it's like Offending the thoughts I'm trying to bring through. Like blocking them out with no consideration . By considering my thoughts more important ( after all we don't know if they are coming from more than just us) ,
and turning the music low , we can Feel the rhythm of the music and work out our thoughts.
After all why have someone else's made up words fill your space. Yours are more important.
You interpret the words in a song and they develop into a picture in your mind. They may be romantic, they may be violent, they may be sad.
So what I'm saying is if you want to help development through the day and not just the time you allocate , turn it down but as Germain said listen to the music. Let your mind develop the thoughts not the song writers.
I agree 100% to Neil's advice about listening to what you hear upon wakening. ( because they are your thoughts not songwriters even if they appear in the form of a song)