PDA

View Full Version : The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

SiriusTraveler
21st October 2013, 06:24 AM
If you have'nt read it or know what it is already, I'd like to recommend this fantastic book. I think its one of those books you just have to read.

Explanation of the book from Amazon: "Rooted in traditional Toltec wisdom beliefs, four agreements in life are essential steps on the path to personal freedom. As beliefs are transformed through maintaining these agreements, shamanic teacher and healer don Miguel Ruiz asserts lives will "become filled with grace, peace, and unconditional love."

BDeye
21st October 2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

SiriusTraveler
21st October 2013, 10:26 AM
:) Robert Bruce also recommends this book btw. in one of his interviews.

CFTraveler
21st October 2013, 01:52 PM
I read it some years ago- it is a wonderful book, not too long, and has amazing wisdom- the kind of book you want to re-read a few times throughout your life.

eyeoneblack
21st October 2013, 07:47 PM
I have so many books (literature) to read already in possession it will take the rest of my life to work my way through them, but this one Four Agreements is tempting. That CFT recommends it is enough for me.

Is it similar to the Carlos Castaneda Don Juan series?

I recently attended the funeral of a long time friend. Three of us debated shortly whether to view the open casket. I said that I would if only to show the family I was there. So we did. As I came by the casket, seeing my old friend (how he had aged due to his alcoholism and whatever) I tapped the edge of the coffin firmly twice. Tap tap. (I was surprised at what a sound it made)! This was a recognition of the Don Juan dance of death. My way of honoring him.

Yes, believe I'll buy this book.

CFTraveler
21st October 2013, 07:58 PM
Is it similar to the Carlos Castaneda Don Juan series? Not at all. It's about different things than CastaƱeda's book. It's also short- doesn't take long to get through, and it's a pleasure to read.

Neil Templar
22nd October 2013, 12:38 AM
I absolutely LOVED watching Miguel Ruiz, being interviewed on ConsciousMediaNetwork a couple of years ago.
He is a man of so much joy, as is M R Jnr :)