PDA

View Full Version : crowds and lucid dreaming

Blue Mage
30th June 2006, 11:23 AM
From my experience I am beginning to speculate that hanging out with groups of people leads to more lucid dreams. The other night, after coming home from a party (when usually I tend to lead a mostly solitary existence) I was having lucid dreams all night. And now that I think of it, the one time I had lucid dreams for three nights in a row was the time I was sleeping over at someone else's house, having spent the days spending time with more people than usual. So, has anyone else ever come up with, or heard of a theory that being around crowds of people at night increases the chance of having lucid dreams?

gavi dvan
1st July 2006, 03:49 AM
I've noticed that when I go to bed after a nicely intoxicated night, my dreams are much much more vivid. I also remember them a lot clearer the next day than I usually would, which is strange because alcohol tends to mess my memory up something shocking. Also, the dreams tend to be a lot less silly than usual. :? I don't know if this would be because of the alcohol or the crowds though.

Blue Mage
1st July 2006, 09:01 PM
Alcohol does tend to make everything more difficult. I remember reading it tends to bring out psychotic episodes in schizophrenics, so perhaps the relaxation it induces helps open a person up.

Beekeeper
2nd July 2006, 04:55 AM
I think I tends to lucid dream more when I've messed with my usual sleeping patterns a bit. So, for me, it's the late night rather than crowds that is likely to cause a lucid dream. If I sleep over and stay up chatting, the cause is the same.

Being around crowds of people all day (as a teacher) I don't see a great connection. In fact, I'm possibly slightly more likely to LD on a weekend or holiday.

Still, everyone is different. Maybe crowds energise you in such a way that you LD. :wink:

enoch
4th July 2006, 07:10 PM
maybe your brain is receiving alot more stimulus during these times (with crowds of people) and when you go to bed your neurons are firing alot more? Especially if they are people whom your not well aquainted with and your brain is working overtime taking in new info?

Alcohol always lessens my recall...as does cannabis....and sleeping tablets (due to slow wave increase).

I find taking regular doses of ginkgo has helped my recall alot (ginkgo is a good memory booster).

Pop a cheese, lettuce and onion sarnie in me before bed and it's great!