PDA

View Full Version : OBE and Latin Prayers

Catherine
23rd October 2013, 03:36 AM
I went to a shaman last Friday. He claim that he 'can pull the spirit out from one's body' using Latin chant.

The ritual goes like this:
he first conducted the 'cleansing' technique because if there's an elemental being near by me, he cannot be able to pull my 'spirit' out from my body because it's dangerous (as what he said,) by that, he needed to do the 'cleansing'.
He wrote down my full name on a clean bond paper and chanted Latin prayers then he placed the paper about 4 inches away parallel to the candle's flame. As per instruction, if I see animals or trees or leaves on the paper, then there's elemental being near me and he will cleanse me and if I see a human's image, there's someone angry at me but I am safe for the astral projection that he will conduct. I only saw face which resembles from a lady I knew. He said we can proceed to the next step:

he chanted a Latin prayer, then he asked my name and ask his name as if he's trying to confuse and or hypnotize me. Then he asked me to close my eyes and answer his questions like:
"do you see glowing light?" I said "yes"
"is it getting bigger?" I said "no"
he continued, then he said "using your left hand, groping on your left side do you feel something?" I said "none"
then he grabbed my shoulders upward and asked "what do you feel?" I said "I'm dizzy"
he then asked me "do you see yourself sitting?" I said "no"

He repeated the ritual but the second time, he used different method, instead from shoulders, he tried to pull my "spirit" (as what he said) through my head, I can feel that I am stretching (inside) as he continues. I also feel the energy droplets growing, crawling and scattering on my forehead.

He again asked me if I see myself sitting, but really I can't see myself, maybe because I am lack of concentration and we don't have enough time.

He said "You are not fit, your soul is confused, you are in danger of not returning in your body if you do this thing" then he chanted prayers while he's marking a little cross (using his fingers) above my shoulders then he said "You cannot do astral projection anymore."

Does anyone have same experience?
How does Latin prayer affects the astral ability of someone?
Has anyone who has opinion regarding this kind of experience?
Why is it that it seems he's afraid about my OBE?

*I can OBE using the sleep paralysis (during the moment I lay down) and as I project, I always talk to my spirit guide and I visualize myself with white light which I am confident that nothing will harm me.
*Up to this day, I am observing myself if I can go out of my body. A while ago and yesterday I only got lucid dreams. :| but there's always tomorrow.

CFTraveler
23rd October 2013, 12:34 PM
Well, it depends on what the latin prayer is. If it's the rite of exorcism, chances are it can pull out another spirit if there is possession or obsession. But since projection is the simple (or not so simple, lol) act of changing the focus of one's perception to the 'outside' or further 'inside', depending on the type of projection, it is possible, through hypnotism (a lot of what you describe sounds like hypnotism) to attract your focus to where he wants it, and since trance is a state in which you feel energy more strongly, I suppose you can feel the 'magnetic' flow of your energy. After all, energy follows attention (as per NEW).
I believe he is very good at hypnosis, and probably implanted a suggestion about not projecting 'any more'. I hope through a thorough analysis of what he did you can defeat it.

I don't know if he was afraid of your OBE- if his cultural background includes fear of projection (some cultures equate projecting with skinwalking, for example) he would try to dissuade you from it. Also, some older practitioners still cling to the idea of the 'empty body' hypothesis- that the body is left 'empty' when your soul goes out- which we pretty much know isn't true.

Catherine
23rd October 2013, 01:31 PM
Exactly. In my country, astral projection is not acceptable practice for the majority of the population, it is considered a taboo in our culture and religion. They lack of awareness. I just can't accept the fact here that only a few do believe that astral projection doesn't really 'cause harm and doesn't make a body totally empty. I really feel frustrated :-(

Yes, what you explained hits the nail. The only abilities of shamans here is to remove a curse from individual and to cast out evil when someone is possessed. This is the only place I find comfort in expressing my thoughts about astral projection.

I believe I can continue AP.
Thank you for explaining with clarity.

Aunt Clair
28th October 2013, 04:51 PM
Exactly. In my country, astral projection is not acceptable practice for the majority of the population, it is considered a taboo in our culture and religion. They lack of awareness. I just can't accept the fact here that only a few do believe that astral projection doesn't really 'cause harm and doesn't make a body totally empty. I really feel frustrated :-(

Yes, what you explained hits the nail. The only abilities of shamans here is to remove a curse from individual and to cast out evil when someone is possessed. This is the only place I find comfort in expressing my thoughts about astral projection.

I believe I can continue AP.
Thank you for explaining with clarity.
Latin is one of the sacred languages and can be powerful to evoke . It is possible to exorcise as CFT wrote and also it is possible to use Latin chants to cleanse and to evoke i.e. the Higher Self from the body of self or another for communication and knowledge.

Astral Projection is not against God, though. In the Gnostic Apocrypha Christ teaches projection and demonstrates this to the apostles. In the Hebrew Kabballah, it is said that the child never forgets how to fly home in sleep each night to God. And in the Islamic Koran, Mohammed projected from the body in a merkabah and toured the higher planes with angel Gabriel. And in the Hindu vedantic texts are methods of controlling the tattwas in order to fly from the body. All major religions have mysticism. Seek the truth within, too. To connect with Godhead in dreamstate or meditation or through projection to the Higher Planes and to become united with Godhead albeit for a short time in Samadhi or attainment of Kether is a blessing.

"You were made to meet your maker"~Mumford and Sons