PDA

View Full Version : Problem with negative recurring thought

Ubadoz
27th October 2013, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone.

I've been studying alot the LAO recently...

I saw a movie about Embolism... and now for 2 days is quite reoccurring, for example... I think about me being happy then: "Embolism thoughts pops up"

Well Embolism could be deadly... so I'd like to avoid it, I heard if you dont think about it for more than 17 seconds then no vibration is activated, so as soon such thoughts pop up I try to think about something different than that...

Have you got any tips? I'd realy like to break this habit.

DarkChylde
27th October 2013, 07:40 PM
I used to have the exact very same problem , so much so that you that I was in your shoes (just replace the word embolism with HIV)

Whenever I would sit down to meditate on a manifestation project , these "mental tics" would pop up in my mind (and pretty much take the entire exercise down the drain) , overtime I discovered that the mind will find the one most fearsome thing hidden in your psyche and use it to barricade your manifestation (I'm not even sexually active and never went down the unprotected route) and this would happen anyway regardless of what my activity status was.

I think a part* of the problem has to do with the fact that when you realize your inner most , most yearned for wanted things , the excitement of your psyche undergoes some sort of an adrenaline "boost" but since you are bound in meditation and cannot undergo the normal "flee or flight" reaction , the excitement is then released in these upsetting "tics".

however i'm not sure why and what for this happens but overtime my tics are almost gone , so I think the other part* of the problem is that when you realize your inner most wanted desires , you some how activate your inner most fears as well.
While the ying and yang of it seems very plausible I'm not sure why and what for , the "feared fate" interruptions take place exactly.

If you keep at it regardless of how many times the word or images associated with embolism pop-up , eventually it will weaken and fade away (while you do not slack off your main project and stick to it).

I have a couple of other ideas and pointers but let's see how this thread goes for me to put them out.

Ubadoz
28th October 2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you Thankchyde for your support!

DarkChylde
28th October 2013, 08:44 AM
anytime :).