PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini Reiki

honeyyy_8
30th June 2006, 03:09 PM
I just wanted to ask have you done Kundalini Reiki and do you think it is safe?

daem0n
1st July 2006, 08:47 AM
if you need reiki to trigger your kundalini then it is not safe (i meant kundalini)

Tom
1st July 2006, 08:33 PM
So, daem0n, you haven't tried it? Or did you try it after your Kundalini was already activated?

There is some debate about whether Kundalini activates your Kundalini. The alternative is that it just clears the channels which Kundalini will go through and prepares the way for it to start. The important thing is that even people who have Kundalini activated who are struggling with it can get relief from Kundalini related unpleasant side effects, so if it does activate Kundalini it does so in a way that is different than usual and much more safe. The only complaint I've ever heard about it is that it is not intense enough and that it does not cause the painful side effects that are commonly associated with Kundalini. "No pain, no gain" theory does not apply here.

Rayson
1st July 2006, 08:48 PM
I myself have received full attunement to Kundalini Reiki without a kundalini rising. I know several others with the same experience. Otherwise though, my thoughts echo Tom's above- I'm not sure exactly how it works, it does seem to help clear the pathways through which kundalini flows (lowering the harmful effects a rising/risen kundalini can cause). I would add that I am hesitant of anything which causes kundalini to rise.... kundalini reiki is said to, but it isn't everyone's experience, so I merely lable myself as cautious of it but not that it's dangerous.

I wish to do more investigation on this in the near future. I'll get back to people when I have.

In terms of healing with it, I get very positive results.

Demek
2nd July 2006, 12:05 AM
i meant that kundalini rises when the consciousness advances enough
not rising your kundalini to advance you consciousness, or any other purpose
it's all "automatic"
i experienced premature? kundalini rising and it wasn't fun, and i was definitely not ready for it, and even the conclusions i made from that experience turned to be untrue over time
steady advancement on your fear and attachment will trigger kundalini, if it is needed
if not, there is no point in the first place (i have my active and running, but not full power .. yet)

that's why i disapprove of any "enchancements" like reiki etc, we are children of God for crying out loud, we have everything we need from Him waiting, not messing around with unidentified planes of power/influence
well, one can consider God to be one, so it's just IMHO, i am distrustful after some bad experiences and lots of cleaning up

escogido
2nd July 2006, 05:40 AM
Premature kundalini is totally scary if you put lots of thinkink into it :lol:

orygbus
2nd July 2006, 08:27 AM
I don't think kundalini reiki is meant to awaken your kundalini, it only taps into parts of it....

Demek
3rd July 2006, 08:53 AM
without thinking it's even worse, trust me
if i wouldn't know about ida and pingala i would fry :? i did not anticipated all of the side effects, really, especially groups of entities saying yum yum, easy tasty

Tom
3rd July 2006, 03:26 PM
Enough with the drama already. Kundalini is not dangerous and it does not activate before you are ready for it. It is possible that you could be suddenly ready for it without knowing and then surprised by its activation, but even then it is not too early. The reason for having trouble with Kundalini is resistance to the processes that She begins. If you do not struggle against Her, you will not suffer. Easier said than done, of course, but that is how you work with Kundalini.

Rayson
3rd July 2006, 06:12 PM
Well I don't know the connection you would draw between danger and suffering, but you say it's hard to not struggle, and imply that by struggling you will likely suffer.

I ultimately have not experienced Kundalini, nor know personally too many people who have. I know Kundalini, if you want to start using more precise language, is actually an energy and energy system in the body, which everyone has and uses, regardless of spiritual awareness or having a Rising- a seperate phenomenon. So sometimes people just see the "k" word and panic- that's not right, but considering how often Kundalini as a word is used to describe a Rising, it can be hard to seperate cautioun from being applied.

Knowing too little myself, I am defaulting to Robert's opinion that Kundalini (rising) CAN be dangerous. Perhaps if we were all taught about it in biology class, and told how to react if you notice it happening to you, we would all know not to resist, what to do to manage symptoms, and what experts could be consulted. But that's not at all the case in our current world, and so I have to remain cautious about it whenever I hear the term.

In regards to the Kundalini Reiki, I have contacted the creator of the system with the hope of getting new light shed in terms of it's impact on Kundalini rising. Since I have been attuned to the system successfully without a rising, I think that it works more with the kundalini energy system, as per my above (it's a part of the energy body, just like ether or chi, etc), and thus I am less hesitant. I remain a little hesitant because the creator, in his documents, says it SHOULD be creating a rising.

Tom
3rd July 2006, 06:32 PM
Could you run that by me again in a different way, Rayson? I have no idea what you mean.

Ole Gabrielsen's site about Kundalini Reiki:
http://www.olegabrielsen.com/kr.html

It would be useful to see how he describes what Kundalini is, in the context of Kundalini Reiki, and what exactly it means to raise this energy.

4th July 2006, 03:12 AM
Robert went into detail at his workshop regarding raising K. Apparently, it can be dangerous for some people. It certainly was for Robert. I think he wrote about it in his tutorials? I agree with Rayson, caution is a wise choice. I've had 4 spikes to the third chakra in the past week, and I've been fine. But, I'm a very balanced person for the most part. Except when I'm yelling at my husband. :D I think Robert's cautions on doing much introspective work before attempting is the smartest way to go.

I'm a Master/Teacher Reiki practitioner, but I don't know beans about Kundalini Reiki. I'm sorry, but it sounds like another gimmick. I'm trained in quite a few energy therapies, and come to the conclusion that there is almost no difference. I think what you do with the energy and how it performs is a matter of intent and not through some initiation. But, that's just me. I'm not big into rituals and the like, I think they are superfluous. But, hey, whatever rocks your boat. :D It's all good!

Rayson
4th July 2006, 05:57 PM
Patty- I've had good luck with the various Reiki's and non-Reiki energy of Ole Babreson, who I have now come to respect quite a lot, even if I'm hesitant about the Kundalini Reiki. As a sidenote- I have all 9 levels of it that he offers, as well as Usui Reiki master status (non-traditional). I also have many other energies as well, which work like reiki. While I am new to healing and energy work as a whole, and have yet to master or fully explore intent within those contexts, I will say that I have noted many many different results from each of the energies. While I'll read what they're "supposed" to do, I learn much more so from using them on myself and seeing what happens. With little-no expectations, I've received a wide variety of experiences and healing from each of the energies. Kundalini reiki, for one, is very strong at clearing certain energy blocks. It's strong enough that non-energy users can feel it more often than Usui Reiki too, usually, so I use it sometimes when I'm trying to allow my friends an energy experience so that they will know what I'm talking about now that mysticism is a large part of my life.

In regards to ceremony- I'm with you, as indicated by the fact that I've never receive an attunement in person- always distance or "other". They DO however, sound quite beautiful if you are in a position to receive a new attunement from someone who has a ceremony and space setup for use. Practical- no- but just as I sometimes like to tke a trip to a museum and see new works of art, I think a ceremonial approach to attunements could have its moments.

Tom- I had the exact same thoughts as you in terms of what does Ole thing Kundalini and Rising pehnomenon are, and then read your post 3 minutes later. So I think this is a good call to make. I will contact him sometime in the near future. What I was trying to say in my above-post was that A) we're never quite sure what the term "Kundalini" means, as everyone seems to use it a bit differently B) the notion of it being safe and natural might hold more true for me if everyone got taught about it- the signs, what to do to ease the process, not to resit it, who to seek for help if there are bad symptoms- but that is not the case at all for 95% of people, so I think it really needs to be looked at cautiously. The first paragraph I posted was trying to do a logical reversal/extrapulation of your previous comments. Us logisticians can be b@stards at times.

Anyhow- take care for now everyone- we'll have some new info on this soon enough.

escogido
4th July 2006, 06:46 PM
At any rate,try manipulating the energito too much inside yourself-not outwards like giving healing to others,spreading outside energy to move objects and you'll get what's called premature kundalini which is feared the most(at least for me).I say too much like way way too much-I did it and it totally freaked me out.Man...those were the days.Lots of freaky days :lol: Actually I found out that my energy blockages in hands(upper part) was because of that-too much focusing energy inside myself(I think I created a topic in this forum about it,lol), the exact technique I used was Healing with the heart.

Demek
4th July 2006, 11:43 PM
i meditated extensively and did my best to keep up and clear up, and yet this wasn't enough
since i had rising through my blocked chakras, or rather around them, creating additional damage around my body, and various mental and emotional side-effects
until some of it has been directed outside my body by some entities, creating even different side effects
yes, there is natural kundalini energy movement with your body, and i would advice not to touch it until you know what are you doing

what i mean through kundalini is this hot thing burning you from coccyx upwards, sweating like pig in the middle of the night in winter, giving light headed euphoria, disengagement from reality and inability to distinguish outer energy from your thoughts (senses working more or less fine, read on) and enormous pressure at the back of the head at the same time, as though your skull would inflate outwards, some flashy visions and deep trance hallucinations (only twice, and trance was induced on it's own)
oh, and sickness and hot feeling through your stomach and other organs
also distortions of time and space, to the point of feeling alien in your body

Tom, as far as i am concerned, your theory does not hold

5th July 2006, 12:16 AM
Rayson,
I've had in person, full attunements from a Dr. Usui lineage teacher. The way energies are interpreted is possibly a personal thing with me. Others claim that there is a difference between the different healing modalities, and there probably is in their reality. My reality is that my intent is what feels different. But, I can always change my mind as my experiences change. Will let you know if it changes. :D

Rayson
5th July 2006, 02:12 AM
Hmmm- some part of me wants to explore this more with you Patty- perhaps some time we can play around with different energies :D .

Skipping past that note though, I have faint back-of-the-mind thoughts in regards to what you said here on intent. And I don't know if this makes any sense, but... if you jump into a seventh grade pre-algebra/algebra 1 class, and start watching the kids and how they interpret the math going on, I think you'll find a few distinctions. I'm going to break the class into two groups- one group of maybe thhree students, and then the rest. The three students are the mathematically-minded individuals. To them, they can see how addition and subtraction are really the same thing; how multiplication of the oppositie number is the same as division by the original; how associative properties make full sense; and why there are multiple paths that are really all the same journey to the end answer. Meanwhile the rest of the class, does not see any of this, and moreso, they need to follow step-by-step, exactly as prescribed by the teacher. There is an order to follow, and stepping outside of it is "wrong." They will all arrive at the answer via the same path, and trying to give other ways to get there is either wrong or confusing.

The above isn't an example of greater or lesser intelligence, at least- not as a whole (it may turn out to be an example of that in terms of strictly logical/mathematical thinking, but even this could be argued). It's an example of where and how each mind excels, and more so- how it sees the interactions of energy and concepts taking place. Some of us work better at certain steps, and stepping further back, some of us work better at different concepts.

It may be that the part of you which excels beyond most is the part that gets to the end result. But just because you get to the "answer"/manifestation of intent easier, doesn't mean you are smarter than the rest (***which NO - you never implied... I AM NOT putting words in your mouth. I'm just stating a perspective that some people WOULD jump to and WOULD throw upon you, as they sure do with the algebra students- this is all analgous***). In fact, you may lose appreciation of the "process" which other need to get to their answer, because you arrive at the answer so easily yourself. And without working at that process- which is something you lsoe out on- you also may lose appreciation or understanding of how it works. For intents and purposes, if "algebra" is your only goal- and you're not looking to infer lessons from the algebra classroom into the rest of life- then your method works well- and a lot faster and easier than many other's because of your adeptness at it. But figuring out steps, and later working that out the slow way to see how the problem is solved, and how the numbers interact with each other specifically is a real phenomenon to be learned, mastered, and used by the others.

Wow- 4 stars to anyone if that makes sense to them. It's confusing even to me, and I'm not sure my analogy would hold up well to scruntiny. But it does also make a lot of sense to me in some ways, so hopefully it will ahve some meaning to others too. If not- just ignore it.

And with that, I think I've nearly started to derail this topic... :?

Tom
5th July 2006, 04:51 AM
There is a difference between a traditional Kundalini activation and the Kundalini Reiki system. Most of you are going to be severely disappointed by Kundalini Reiki because it is nothing like the regular Kundalini experience. It is still a nice system to work with and it can help to reduce the negative side effects of the regular Kundalini experience.

Faerydust
8th July 2006, 12:30 AM
without thinking it's even worse, trust me
if i wouldn't know about ida and pingala i would fry :? i did not anticipated all of the side effects, really, especially groups of entities saying yum yum, easy tasty

Interesting.
I had a premature rising, but it wasn't intentional on my part.
I didn't have an interest in it, but I was doing stone work to clear my chakras.
I too experienced nasty energies, possibly entities.

Through further stone and color work, prayer, and Reiki I have healed pretty well, but it has taken about two years to get to a functional place where I can sleep at night without being attacked.
I think the premature rising happened because I was doing too much stone work, against advisement, and I was using a major amount of Amethyst energy, which can thin the aura to my understanding.

I don't think by the way that Kundalini Reiki is designed to raise Kundalini, and Reiki is just another programmed way of channeling energy for healing.
I find it beneficial. I don't use the symbols, because I don't really give much credence to them. They are Kanji characters afterall (for the most part), and one doesn't have to use a symbol to activate power, or intent.

Always know peace
-Faerydust