PDA

View Full Version : Article: Seeing through closed eyelids (not actual title).

eyeoneblack
31st October 2013, 04:51 PM
I think this is interesting and others might also.

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2013/10/dark-brain-sees/

I posted a comment but I don't know if it will pass moderation. Maybe.

SiriusTraveler
1st November 2013, 06:31 AM
Interesting if the space is completely void of light.
I have seen through my eyelids when waking up from sleep, and it was more clear than anything I've tried in a dark room really. When seeing through my eyelids I saw everything pretty clear and there was this grey fog like edge around my vision. When
trying to see something in the dark, it is dark, but I can make out some kind of light movement like in the video. Its different. But perhaps both of the phenomenon are related to clairevoyance?

eyeoneblack
1st November 2013, 01:13 PM
related to clairevoyance?
That's an angle worthy of thought!

I pretty much accept the premise of the article (that the brain maps hand movement) but I wasn't totally satisfied with it. Apparently the article is not being moderated for comments, but it seems to me that I have 'seen' objects as well. I used to call them 'astral appearance' in that what I saw wasn't really the shape of the physical object.

It just intrigues me....

CFTraveler
1st November 2013, 01:17 PM
I think it's very interesting, and I've done 'experiments' testing this- I often see my own limbs with my eyes closed or in darkness, but not other things- but when I'm in trance, it's a whole different ballgame- so I think both things happen-one in trance, the other not necessarily.
I'm not a synesthete but for a few years (thanks to a karate class I took years ago) I kind of 'trained' myself to develop such qualities, and I think this can be induced. The brain is plastic so things like this can be developed, if one so wishes.

SiriusTraveler
1st November 2013, 02:45 PM
Another theory would be that since, I believe, we create our own reality its possible that we create this energy as hands when trying to view them in the dark. We know they are there but our physical eyes cant see them so we create them. This can be thought forms perhaps, or something like this. Just a thought.

eyeoneblack
1st November 2013, 03:05 PM
Wow, you're hot on this Sirius! I like that even more. :)

Could you possibly be a writer? If so, please see my thread in Out Of Topic, Any Sci-fi Writers....

SiriusTraveler
1st November 2013, 03:18 PM
Haha thx :) Well no I'm not a writer but perhaps someday I'll put together some material based on my own observations in the spiritual world. Could use a good book in my native language actually. Still, its hard to top Roberts material. So much I agree with of his point of views.

SiriusTraveler
4th November 2013, 06:52 AM
It might be that only when having closed eyelids, the phenomenon can be related to clairevoyance, and when having them open you are observing energy in a non-clairevoyant way so to speak. I'm thinking that clairevoyance is often or always connected to seeing things in or percieving with your minds eye. Hmm, but then when seeing auras with eyes open.. is that also a clairevoyant trait?
Well.. dribbles.