PDA

View Full Version : Throat spasms - can't swallow

oobernaut
30th June 2006, 04:07 PM
I know it's normal to have all manner of energy-related physical symptoms. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this particular one, as it's a bit freaky.

When I began stimulating primary centers a few weeks ago, I noticed that my throat chakra felt a bit uneasy, and stimulated very quickly. Nothing to really worry about, no choking or gagging, so I didn't think much of it.

Well since then, on a few occasions, I have had trouble swallowing. It comes upon me at various times, not during energy work, just during the normal course of the day. It's when I'm drinking something, all of a sudden my throat feels very constricted, and swallowing is painful. It usually passes quickly, but one time it completely seized up. I ended up regurgitating the swallow of water I had just taken, which violently came back up out of my mouth and nose (it couldn't go down). I feel quite bruised after one of these episodes, like you would probably feel if you got mildly strangled.

Anyhoo, I know we're embarking on uncharted territory, so anything can happen and probably will. Has this particular something ever happened to one of you?

I plan to just keep working gently on this and the other major centers, and just let my throat know that it's ok, no need to panic.

CFTraveler
30th June 2006, 04:44 PM
This only happens to me when I'm lying down- never when up, so I just sit on the recliner and it goes away.
Could it be physical? (Like allergies, something you ate, sinus)?
One time it was so bad I dreamed I was swallowing leeches (Harry Potter style but backwards, if you know what I mean)- So I sat up, gargled a bit and it went away.

Kalonek
30th June 2006, 04:48 PM
When I stimulate my throat chakra, which is very active (one if not my most active chakra now - it was the brow for a few years before that), I sometimes have difficulties to swallow my saliva. It sometimes happen during daytime as this chakra is very sensible to any stimulation (just writing about it here and it makes some pressure in fact). But I don't remember ever having a problem with the swallowing action when it is not stimulated, sorry.

Maybe you should keep it easy on it and concentrate more on the other chakras to balance your energy body and the sensations of the throat chakra.

Rayson
30th June 2006, 06:19 PM
When "symptoms" start to get significant or troublesome, I advocate the golden rule of slowing, or even safer, stopping all energy work for 2-3 days, as that may allow the body to rebalance itself. Working on other parts of the energy body also sounds like a good idea, but I like to be the particularly cautious voice usually.

Kalonek
30th June 2006, 06:34 PM
When "symptoms" start to get significant or troublesome, I advocate the golden rule of slowing, or even safer, stopping all energy work for 2-3 days, as that may allow the body to rebalance itself. Working on other parts of the energy body also sounds like a good idea, but I like to be the particularly cautious voice usually.

It is indeed a very good advice in my opinion and my philosophy of practice too :wink: